Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Wars7.Not many directors interested

Simbi Laveau

Oh come on...its Disney...they'll get the guy that directs the Suite Life of Zack and Cody to direct it if they have to. I think that its probably not going to matter much anyway. They should have stopped with 6 and that is that. Anything beyond is just superfluous moneymaking. Its going to suck. People will go in droves though because even if it turns out to be a turd, it will be a Star Wars branded turd.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I'll do it.. !!!!!!!!!!

Scene one...

Jar Jar Bink's decapitated by rabid Ewok..

Scene Two...

Chewbaka decides to shave his head for Charity... Turns out to look like Dr Phil.

Umm..... Errrrrrrr.. Help me out guys, we've got a script to write.!!!!

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

They're probably going to have to get Lucas to do it for story continuity.

Let's see, as I recall, Luke was the only Jedi.......Lea had Jedi abilities but wasn't trained......besides she had the hots for Han Solo. Someone has to find all the "chil'ums" with the high.....whatever those damned old things were in them, then they have to be taken from their parents, raised in the Jedi ways......and oh yeah.....rebuild the Republic that the Sith destroyed. Not to mention all the principle actors are now older than me..............and no matter what else happens they can't put Carrie Fisher in the slave girl outfit now. So what's the point?

Personally, all joking aside, I can't see a clever way to bring a new movie along unless they jump forward to make everyone the correct ages they are now. That would solve certain problems with the story line......maybe have Luke near death and then allow his children to carry one from that point.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing, since the most Prominent dictators in Holywood know that they couldn't step into George Lucas' Shoes, or whether it'll just mean that it'll be carte blanche for Disney to bring in one of their own to make it some appalling twee nonsense for the family market.

Edited by 747400
  • Like 1

Ohhhhhhhhh, I'll do it.. !!!!!!!!!!

Scene one...

Jar Jar Bink's decapitated by rabid Ewok..

Scene Two...

Chewbaka decides to shave his head for Charity... Turns out to look like Dr Phil.

Umm..... Errrrrrrr.. Help me out guys, we've got a script to write.!!!!

I know!... I know!... A new race of Zombie Vampire Sith Dark Jedi who are all late tweens and so full of angst that half of them self destruct themselves - just because they can... Plus - since it's Di$ney - another stomach churningly cute race of talking animals that sing all the time...

• Like 2

• Like 5

They're probably going to have to get Lucas to do it for story continuity.

Let's see, as I recall, Luke was the only Jedi.......Lea had Jedi abilities but wasn't trained......besides she had the hots for Han Solo. Someone has to find all the "chil'ums" with the high.....whatever those damned old things were in them, then they have to be taken from their parents, raised in the Jedi ways......and oh yeah.....rebuild the Republic that the Sith destroyed. Not to mention all the principle actors are now older than me..............and no matter what else happens they can't put Carrie Fisher in the slave girl outfit now. So what's the point?

Personally, all joking aside, I can't see a clever way to bring a new movie along unless they jump forward to make everyone the correct ages they are now. That would solve certain problems with the story line......maybe have Luke near death and then allow his children to carry one from that point.

Lucas is on the list of NOT INTERESTED directors .

It would be amazing if directed by Guillermo del Toro.

• Like 1

It definitely needs a new direction. I would like to see Brit Marling & friends take a stab at it.

They should let the Sith rule for a time because the Sith have been in the shadows for far to long :tu: They should also make it an R rated movie just to mess with people. But its being handled by disney so thats NOT gonna happen

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Just give it to M. Night Shyamalan, though I'd be hoping his 'twist' would be the prequels were a dream Luke had.

Oh my god. If he did it ,there would be Jedi running around whispering ,"I see sand people".

The trouble is, all these ideas that people are talking about are all mystical stuff about Jedis and all that. I never really understood all the complexities of the Jedis and all that, i tended to skip those bits. What we really want is big spaceships and great big machines stomping everywhere. That's what we want. :tsu:

• Like 1

Lucasfilm and Disney have locked down Lawrence Kasdan, writer of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, to write one of the upcoming Star Wars sequels, according to a report at the hollywood reporter.

I'm going to resist my cynical side and hope for the best.

Kasdan is a good sign and didn't Disney own Mirimax?

I

It would be amazing if directed by Guillermo del Toro.

That would be awesome