Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan unveils 'levitating' high-speed train

Karlis

Japan's ultra-fast 'maglev' trains are propelled by magnetic force and hover above the track

A test model maglev train runs on a test track in Tsuru, west of Tokyo. It takes just a minute and a half for Japan's maglev train to reach 310 miles per hour. The train gets its name from the way it uses an electromagnetic cushion instead of wheels for levitation and propulsion.

Source

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.United_Nations

• Karlis

• Order66

• Simbi Laveau

Popular Days

I think this a great advancement. Aside from the faster time, with no friction the train rails and the train itself probably last much longer. If this has an application to commercial transporting, the whole business model of the conventional train can change. It could become cheaper and faster to ship by train than by other methods.

They started developement two years ago .

2027....well that's a lot of work out the bugs time ....

Dunno. Tokyo to Nagoya ,on a train that's already sooooo fast ,cut from 2 hours,to forty minute ....That's fast .

As it is,when bullet trains go past one another ,the slam of air onto the windows from the oncoming train is heady .

If one of those has an accident ,I'd say 100% mortality rate .

Well, for once China has got there first. They've been in use in, I think it's Shanghai, for a few years now.

Edited by 747400
  • Like 1

It's amazing these trains can travel this fast but I don't think I want to ride on one.