Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black floating amoeba orb

Fargone

I too have seen this. A friend and I were walking down the stairs together in her home in Roswell, Ga. It was a very "open" stairway, so two people could easily walk down together.  As we were heading downstairs, a long black object came from behind. I'd say it was about 4-5 feet long. It basically "pulled up" to the right of us and floated alongside of us as we decended down the stairs. It was like it was checking us out as it slowly floated next to us while moving in a forward direction.  Although it was black, I could almost see through it (very slightly) and it almost seemed as if the black was "swirling" (I know...it sounds crazy). Suddenly it flew straight into the wall and disappeared. We were both in utter shock and still talk about it today. It was a regular day, no drugs involved, we were wide awake and we both saw the same thing.  About 3 years later, my daughter and her friend witnessed a very similar black object, but this time it was in our own home and it maintained a round shape, rather than the long shape my friend and I had seen. They also said it quickly flew into the wall and disappeared. When I got downstairs to check it out, our cat was standing on a table swatting at something that I couldn't see. It made the hair on my arms stand on edge! Would love to know what these things really are.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2013 at 0:10 PM, White Crane Feather said:

Hi there, she posted in november, you are probably not going to get a response, but what you are both wittnessing is a fairly common occurrence associated with sleep paralysis and hyonogogic imagery. I have seen that smoky mass and chased it down my hallway.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

http://www.google.com/search?q=sleep+paralysis&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#itp=open0

Not in my case. My friend and I were wide awake and walking down a stairway when we saw the same type of object.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2012 at 5:26 PM, Fargone said:

I am very much a newbie to message boards. Bear with me. My mind was completely blown this morning and I am trying to find a logical explanation for what I saw (and my cat) but I can't!

Around 4:30am I woke up to one of my cats shuffling around and making noise. I checked the time on my phone and rolled over to see what my cat was getting into. As I re-situated myself laying on my back I noticed something a little to the left of my vision. I blinked to make sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing. Floating above the side where my husband sleeps and making its way towards my side was this blacker than black orb thing, about the size of my hand. It changed shapes as it was moving ever so slowly. I blinked again, really hard, to validate this was happening. The object was towards the end of the bed, where my other cat sleeps. She perked up because she saw it too! The orb hovered over my legs, almost like it was looking at me or acknowledging my presence. My feelings were more of shock/awe and I kept thinking, what the...? My cat then tried attacking this black orb thing. She swatted and acted as if she had it pinned down to the bed. I am trying to rationalize everything and was like, cool, it is a bug. BUT I live in North Dakota, its November, 25 degrees out and the size would be more like a bird not an insect. Ugh. I got up and looked to where she was digging in the blanket and there was nothing there. My cat's ears were pinned back and she honestly looked as confused as I felt. The rest of the morning she was by my side (not typical behavior for her) and the other cat was whinier than usual.

I think I am sensitive to some things, but more of a feeler than an actual seer. I am wondering if this is a member from my family that has passed or just an accumulation of energy from my husband and I? (trying times of late) Today would have been my grandma's birthday, although she died 16 yrs ago. My favorite uncle passed away almost a year ago...... Could it be a message from my mom? I HAVE NO IDEA. I have ruled out my vision because my cat was a witness too. I told my husband about it this morning. I think he believes me, haha. His response was, 'Is that why I am so sore?' Could that be?

Will I be seeing more of these black orbs? Has anyone else had similar experience? I would love to compare stories. I feel like a dork about it because I honestly didn't think I would have an experience like this.

Read my experience about the apparition I saw the night my niece died ! It’s simular not exactly the same but as close as I’ve gotten to what happened to me ! I believe you saw something, I know I did ! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had this happen to me too. It was 4 Am as well when I randomly woke up for no reason. I was laying face up and just looked at the end of my bed and there it is. It looked as if it were in water floating slowly, the only way I can explain it is a big black jellyfish because that's the first thing that came to my head. And best believe I ran out of there, it scared me so bad. I didn't feel like it was negative energy and I didn't get a bad feeling from it, but it just scared me. Something that I've never known that exists was at the end of my bed. What's even crazier is that my 11 year old little cousin told me she saw something like this too when I barely started telling my story without explaining to her what it looked like she ended up describing it and explained it to me. At some point my sister said she saw something as well, floating behind her. We all sat down at the kitchen table and agreed to draw what we saw without showing it and reveal it to eachother when done, first went my sister, and it was soemthing completely different yet still weird. But when me and my cousin revealed our papers we had the exact same thing on it. Obviously because she's younger she was freaked out and I convinced her it was soemthing to do with her eyes, she's smarter than that and I know she knows it's real. She wasn't asleep when this happened, her mom had just turned off the tv and a couple minutes later while her parents slept it was there. I wonder what we all have i common, I wonder what it is and what it wants or needs? Is it good or is it bad? I'm reading these comments and some of these people are wide awake seeing this, or even their pets see it too. My aunt was trying to convince me that it must've been something to do with my eyes but it was too real. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering why I saw big black hovering clouds blacker than night too. I saw things blacker than night clouds at least 3 to 4 times a night and sometimes I saw to or 3 at a time, it would happen about 11 or 12 at night, I was 12 yrs old and saw this every night until I moved from that home, this is at ( smith ln street clearlake ca ) if you go on google maps you can find where I lived.  follow that road to the last house with boards covering all willows on the outside of the house? why are they all covered? and it also has a gated fence and google maps does not go beyond the gated fence where just up beyond this house that is covered with boards on the windows is my house I lived at for 2 yrs. There was a lot more going on than just the black blob big clouds at night, when I would try to make the living room my room instead of the haunted bed rooms, I would see ghostly glowing kitchen old knife coming out of the kitchen hovering above the rim of the ceiling, what is this? and also one night I saw my christmas tree hovering floating towards me but the tree didn't shake or make a noise, no wind, just hovering? why did this tree do this? when I was in another room of the house to be my bed room I saw this face black furry monster with white fangs and a swirling black twister like cloud came out at me with the monster popping out of my new kids on the block poster? I do not hang posters or pictures on walls no more. 

those black blobs and weird things in the house or anyone's house is demons and to get rid of them you need someone that can help get them out. this is not your family saying hi, it is evil demons that was invited to your home etc..

I think maybe this happens to people who have special super powers and these things know about you before you even do lol. I am almost 40 yrs old now, I can move objects with my mind, tell what anyone is feeling, going to say or do. this is scary to walk into a room and know what people are going to say or do before it happens every single day. sometimes I think I just come up with stuff in my mind and it just happens, like on dates or meeting people knew I get upset because I can feel the way the are and that they would do this or that to me and it happens every time:( I am very angry people have to hurt people, but this is life and I have to think positive that someday I will never feel like this again or try to deal with my gifts. 

I've seen orbs before. Most recently yesterday evening 6/10/18. My family and my son's friend were seated in our living room, just talking, when a white wisp caught my attention. I turned to look and noticed my husband was also watching this white, wispy, jellyfish-like thing propel itself upwards and then just disappear. "Did you see that?" I asked. "I'm not sure what I just saw," he replied. "What did it look like?" I asked. He hesitated before replying, "A small white-ish, jellyfish-type.... thing." No one else saw it. However, about a year ago I was at the kitchen sink grabbing a couple of forks or spoons as we were about to sit down to dinner, when I suddenly realized my whole family had gone silent. I turned to look at them and realized they were all looking up at the ceiling where the wall and ceiling met. There, a blackish-brown cloudy mass, no bigger than a baseball, strewn through with what appeared to be crackling static electricity, floated and quietly churned. I looked away from it at my family's faces. "What is that?" I asked. They said it had floated out of the kitchen when I stepped in and was now just hanging out there on the ceiling. I walked up to it and reached up towards it and it seemed to at once dissipate and recede till it was no longer there. Not sure what either of these things were, but glad I wasn't the only one to witness them as in the past I've been the only one awake to see something similar.

On 11/28/2012 at 12:58 AM, Ashotep said:

I've never seen an orb but I have seen a ghost. I have seen other unusual things that I have a hard time believing they were real. Something was standing by my bed one time that scared me to death. Looked like the devil and I covered my head up hoping it would go away and I was just seeing things but when I looked again it had moved to the foot of my bed. I screamed at it in the name of god it wasn't welcome in my home and it turned around and ran out of the room. It wasn't sleep paralysis because I had no problem moving or talking and it was daytime with the sun shining in plus I had been awake several minutes just not wanting to get up.

Scary

• Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 3:36 PM, Vcraws said:

Not in my case. My friend and I were wide awake and walking down a stairway when we saw the same type of object.

I know that mine wasn’t sleep paralysis! I’ve experienced sleep paralysis and It scared me more than the black blob ! I saw this the night my niece was brutally murdered and didn’t know about her death till the following evening! I was very close to Shelly! I don’t believe it was a coincidence! 

• 5 months later...

I would describe it like an old black&white television screen with no reception if anyone's old enough to remember the snow channels, with the brightness and contrast turned all the way down really really dark smokey static looking and round size of a dinner plate.i seen one in my motel room 28th st/ division Ave GR, MI I was digging in the fridge  and something told me to look over my shoulder I noticed a Shadow around the night stand lamp that was on so I got closer to investigate and it opened its eyes looking as startled as I was! It then changed shapes like oblong and high tailed it behind the night stand that was of course buttoned against the wall.i dismissed it as a animal or owl because whatever it was had to be paper thin to slide in-between that crack I wanted to tear the room up looking for it but naaah it left a peaceful kind of feeling as I slept good that night no lights on or anything extra.i feel lucky for the experience truly life changing!

Edited by gohstface
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey!

so I know this thread has been inactive for some time but I’m sure someone will pick this up at some point!

i never normally post on these things just read what others have wrote. But this time I need to know what this thing is!

last night around 4.30am I was lay in bed asleep. I was was on my side with the cover pulled up, when I opened my eyes I seen this black mass at the bottom of my room. I have a small box room and my bed is facing the window, I had drawn the curtains and had a lamp on on the left side corner. However, this thing was floating on the right hand side of my room about 5ft high in the air and In front of the curtains. It was (and I know it’s hard to imagine) it was the blackest of black and swirling around but still stayed in this ball shape. I was stunned but just stared at it. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me but this thing just stayed in the same spot and it was as though it was watching me too!

It had the strangest presence in the seconds that it was visible. It kind of faded awAy But I have to know what this thing was and if it is good or bad as no one has really said on this thread?

i thought maybe extraterrestrial or if your a believer in ‘the simulation’ theory then maybe something to do with that. I don’t think this thing was a ghost more like a life-form. 

Anyway if you guys have any theories or can tell me what visited me last night, I’d be happy to hear! 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very old thread but I wanted to comment.  I was sensitive as a kid, saw spirits checking in on me in my bedroom.  That went away as an adult.  I recently married and moved into my husbands home.  Things started happened right away with lights turning on.  I had my husband change the light bulb but it continued.  I have seen spirits at this home usually coming at 3-6am.  There was a mirror that gave me the creeps so I removed it and placed it on the side of the house.  I now see spirit faces in pictures, doors, but mainly at night.  I have a creepy spider like thing that hovers over me at night.  It can be a shadow or change into the spider.  The spider can also make itself glittery or sparkle, (that one is hard to explain.)  I wasn't bothered by it at first and made a mistake by talking to it.  I wanted to see if it understood me.  It was crawling one night and I told it to stop.  It stopped in it's tracks, then proceeded to crawl some more.  I yelled, STOP, and it stopped again.  Now I know it understands me.  I can also tell it to stop by thinking it, rather than speaking it.  HOWEVER, I have realized it is attacking my joints.  I don't know what it is doing but every time it hovers over me my joints start to hurt.  I am concerned this joint problem could be permanent and need it to go away.  Is the spirits, spider, shadowy thing all one or multiple?  What is it doing to my joints?  When it comes I am exhausted in the morning.  I need some help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharAnn1 said:

This is a very old thread but I wanted to comment.  I was sensitive as a kid, saw spirits checking in on me in my bedroom.  That went away as an adult.  I recently married and moved into my husbands home.  Things started happened right away with lights turning on.  I had my husband change the light bulb but it continued.  I have seen spirits at this home usually coming at 3-6am.  There was a mirror that gave me the creeps so I removed it and placed it on the side of the house.  I now see spirit faces in pictures, doors, but mainly at night.  I have a creepy spider like thing that hovers over me at night.  It can be a shadow or change into the spider.  The spider can also make itself glittery or sparkle, (that one is hard to explain.)  I wasn't bothered by it at first and made a mistake by talking to it.  I wanted to see if it understood me.  It was crawling one night and I told it to stop.  It stopped in it's tracks, then proceeded to crawl some more.  I yelled, STOP, and it stopped again.  Now I know it understands me.  I can also tell it to stop by thinking it, rather than speaking it.  HOWEVER, I have realized it is attacking my joints.  I don't know what it is doing but every time it hovers over me my joints start to hurt.  I am concerned this joint problem could be permanent and need it to go away.  Is the spirits, spider, shadowy thing all one or multiple?  What is it doing to my joints?  When it comes I am exhausted in the morning.  I need some help. 

You may not want to hear this but what you’re experiencing at night may be hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations and you may want to talk to your doctor.

Here’s some info...

https://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2013/12/when-waking-up-becomes-nightmare.html

• Thanks 1

On 2012-12-05 at 1:51 AM, JGirl said:

i'm trying to imagine something that is blacker than black. i mean that's got to be pretty black!

That has to be a goth ;-) 

38 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

You may not want to hear this but what you’re experiencing at night may be hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations and you may want to talk to your doctor.

Here’s some info...

https://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2013/12/when-waking-up-becomes-nightmare.html

To have hypnopompic or hypnagogic hallucinations can sometimes be a sign of health problems.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

@SharAnn1  I hope you keep us posted going forward. And it can do no harm to check with a doctor, as has been suggested. Please let us know, and best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2012 at 12:51 AM, JGirl said:

i'm trying to imagine something that is blacker than black. i mean that's got to be pretty black!

There is a material made here in the UK called Vantablack which is considered to be "blacker than black"

• 1 month later...

Black things like in the video. I know there’s people out there that like to talk **** but it’s what we saw and on video. No rats. Or mice or moths. Unless rats walk upside down on ceilings and can run across doors or change shapes. https://imgur.com/gallery/PKc8b25

2 minutes ago, 210ctdwncty said:

Black things like in the video. I know there’s people out there that like to talk **** but it’s what we saw and on video. No rats. Or mice or moths. Unless rats walk upside down on ceilings and can run across doors or change shapes. https://imgur.com/gallery/PKc8b25

Mice can run across doors, walls and ceilings.

And move very fast?  I’ve never seen rats walk upside down??  Have you??  And walls too??  Maybe I’m wrong.  Has anybody else seen this before??

1 minute ago, 210ctdwncty said:

And move very fast?  I’ve never seen rats walk upside down??  Have you??  And walls too??  Maybe I’m wrong.  Has anybody else seen this before??

Yeah unfortunately I have. Years ago I was slept on my parents couch during a visit.  I woke up in the middle of the night and watched a little dude traverse a bookshelf climb the wall from the top of the bookshelf to the ceiling and then make his way across the ceiling to the fireplace.

I imagine certain conditions would need to be met, soft or textured drywall etc.

According to these pest control guys its a thing

Q. Can mice really travel along electrical lines to get inside a building?  I’m worried that mice might be following our lines and getting into the attic.

A. It’s very  possible for mice to walk lines or cables and enter your attic around the opening where the lines enter the building if that opening has not been caulked or sealed.  Mice have extraordinary physical abilities. They can climb and run along pipes, cables, and electrical lines. They can even travel for considerable distances upside down.

But people will still doubt. I was just showing the video. If people don’t believe then why look at these posts???