Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black floating amoeba orb

Fargone

2 minutes ago, 210ctdwncty said:

But people will still doubt. I was just showing the video. If people don’t believe then why look at these posts???

For me I have had enough experiences that its not about belief its about knowing. That said however I always look for the most plausible explanation before moving to the paranormal. If we blindly accept every piece of evidence without examining them then no piece of evidence can be outstanding.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Her guys let me share my story.. a few months ago I saw this smoke/cloud floating above our room in the ceiling.I'm a very heavy sleeper and never wake up in the middle of the night. This night i don’t know why I woke up open my eyes and look up and saw it. In our room my wife likes to sleep late so curtains are very thick so the room in very dark. This thing was blacker I could make it out. It look like smoke or a cloud and also like swirling inside. It was pretty big expanded and contracted 5 to 8 feet in size. At times it seem to have spikes but constantly moving changing shapes. I kept opening and closing my eyes thinking it was an eye issue. Until I finally accepted something was there. It kept floating above sometimes above me then it went to the other side of the room. I remember thinking what the hell is that and it floated over the bed,over us and it got right in my face. Like it stretch a spike out and it was this black thing right in front of me. I had to shove my head into the pillow cause it got in my face so close.. stood there for a couple seconds and it went back up. After that it went back up and suddenly disappeared. I was not afraid more surprised then anything. I stood up and try to make sense of it was 3:15am when I look at the clock but I just laid back down and felt sleep. This whole thing happened in about 5 minutes. Told my wife about it the next morning and she ask me why I didn’t wake her. But it never cross my mind..

2weeks later she saw the same thing. Floating around our window. A smoke cloud thing. .

about 1 month I saw this thing outside the house. My wife woke me up my turn to make a bottle for the baby it’s 5 in the morning it’s dark outside But already lighting up. So I go down to the kitchen I’m  there rinsing a bottle and I look out the window and see this thing. Floating there next to the deck. This time it was more of a grayish color more like tv static. An it was shaped like and oval standing up. When I caught sight of it i look at it for a couple seconds and it disappeared..

i call it a thing because it felt alive,presence, intelligent.

my wife is very sensitive to this type of things. This is not our first incident.

Edited by a1b3r
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

A friend and I saw this black edgeless orb hovering around the ceiling one night, it appeared to float through the wall from another room and we both saw it at the same time, we sat there in awe with our mouths open wondering what in the world it could be and before we could speak it floated away passing through the window behind my friend.  We were freaked out, to say the least, and we turned every light on in the house hoping to drive any other dark objects away.  My mom and sister had both seen the same thing on another occasion, I found out later.  We always knew our house was haunted but this was totally out of league with doors slamming and footprints on the stairs.

• Like 1

Nightcloud , the only difference with my experience is the house i was in wasn’t haunted but it happened at the same time my niece was brutally murdered! Almost the same hour of her death is when it appeared to me! It’s supernatural  for sure ! I was very close to my niece, she lived with me for years . I actually think i saw the angel of death but who knows what it was !

• 1 month later...

I assume what happened was a waking dream, but it felt very real and I was fully lucid...

Recently had a very creepy waking dream, which is like the hallucinations of SP but with the (benefit?) of being lucid and free to move. Awoke on my back dozily to focus on something odd in the darkness of the room. A weird sort of triangular shaped thing but with rounded edges floating towards me. It sort of faded away as I tried to pat my parter awake and spoke out to her. But it was really bloody creepy and has clearly stayed with me for a few days now haha. To describe its shape, it was very reminiscent of the robot character HK47's head from the Star Wars game Knights Of The Old Republic. No eyes or anything that I could make out though. Just a floating and deeply ominous object that felt exceptionally real and vivid. 

Still makes me feel incredibly uneasy, not going to lie.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, iridescence said:

I've seen a strange 'orb' looking like an organic thing with something moving inside a few months ago and since then I can't stop thinking about it. At that time I jumped out of bed thinking that it was a hypnopompic hallucination but when I checked the wall where it disappeared, the light reflection of the window was on the same spot moving slowly with a strange vibration as if someone punched the glass. You could say this was just a coincidence but I never saw the reflection on that spot and I still check this every night. Just to mention that on the same period I saw a thing floating in the air during daytime which looked like a black sea horse... similar to this video.

Seems like a lot of people are experiencing this, too bad others are no longer active with this forum. Sounds like it may be pretty common.

I once heard that when we sleep our souls leave our bodies and if it sees its reflection it can be frightened, that is why we are supposed to place any mirrors in the room facing away us, our sleep can be disturbed when it does see its refection. I think it's an Asian belief .

Also could be aliens, angels or spirits, I guess anything's possible, probably always was... but just more eople talking about are openly to the idea than in the past.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I have seen this black orb a couple of times. One night, I think last year, I woke up and it was floating above me. It was moving slowly, coming towards me, coming closer. It was round, like full circle, black, and around the size of an orange. In the circle I could see grey lines forming a pattern. I remember the pattern because I found it very strange. Of course it couldn't be an animal or a spider web or I dont know what. The pattern inside was like a labyrinth. I tried looking away and back again, or blinking, but there it was again, not disappearing. I was scared of course, I could not understand, but I kept looking, disbelieving myself. It was moving like it had intelligence or purpose. I dont know... I couldn't believe my eyes, but I was awake, I could move, and I was trying to figure it out, especially the pattern inside it. Then it dissolved slowly, or better it faded away slowly into blackness. Right after, I opened the lights next to my bed, to make sure it really wasn't visible anymore.

I do not own pets. I am not religious. The only other strange thing that happened around that period, was that  I was often awaken by loud knocks on my front door early in the morning. I was running at the door, opening it, but nobody was there.

Some months later my son was diagnosed with cancer. I have no idea if it is related. I don't know if it was a sign. I never saw the orb again. I'm still very curious about it, and I would like to find an answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenalanaluna said:

I do not own pets. I am not religious. The only other strange thing that happened around that period, was that  I was often awaken by loud knocks on my front door early in the morning. I was running at the door, opening it, but nobody was there.

It sounds like you had a sleep related disturbance that included auditory and visual hallucinations. A temporary neural "short circuit".

I suffer the same from a mild stroke and there is nothing supernatural about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lenalanaluna said:

Some months later my son was diagnosed with cancer. I have no idea if it is related. I don't know if it was a sign. I never saw the orb again. I'm still very curious about it, and I would like to find an answer.

I doubt it's related and I hope your son is doing well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dolton Illinois bout 8 yrs back now, I've seen about 8 or 9 little black metallic looking balls bout the size of marbles hovering by my bushes, in broad daylight,  I  reached my hand under one of em with the attempt to grab it, and right before I closed my hand,  the little marble went sideways down and under my hand,  so I backed off,  cause I see it was moving intelligently, then the one I was going to grab glided over to the Bush and landed on the Bush and gave me an appearance of an housefly! A house fly that appeared metallic and black, once I realized that those damn things weren't no insects, I  proceeded to go into my house,  when I returned they were gone,  I'm posting this cause I seen the other posts of people who say they seen black orbs, can't explain it, but the **** is out here, maybe government or out of this world, who knows...

• 3 weeks later...

been seeing those amoeba like orbs for years now. sometimes I see them travel at the edges of my ceiling and make its way towards me. to float a few feet above my face. i mostly ignore it coz I need to sleep. I thought I'm the only one seeing those things. It's great that I was able to see this forum to be able to see others with the same experience.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys, I see this thread has gone on for a few years - and here I am continuing it.

ive seen it ‘them but I feel like singular describes it best.

‘the first time I woke up in bed and noticed a solid black mass next to my head - and I thought, that’s just my handbag hanging off the bedpost, and I thought- no it isn’t my bedpost is behind my head not next to it.
then is slowly rose, slowly like a balloon would rise if it was running out of helium but could just still make it to the ceiling.

I blinked and blinked to check my eyes were ok - I was wide awake at this point, hitting my partner at the time, it went across the ceiling,about an inch from touching it all the way to the wall to my right and dissapeared into it - and my partner only woke up as soon as it had gone into ceiling.

I moved house and became single, I was visited by this thing a lot - and I had a cabin bed- which meant I was elevated and clod got the ceiling. Seriously I kicked my ceilingl lampshade when I got into the ladder. So believe me when I say I got a good look at this thing, multiple times.

ive always been a believer in something else but seeing for yourself when you’re alone at night, you feel incredibly vulnerable and you feel afraid even if you’re someone that yearns to communicate with something other than what we know like I do - when something invades your space at night - you are completely vulnerable to it.

one particular time that I feel like is important, is I woke up and it was to the side of my head, inches away, I moved myself across and away from it in bed (I’ve never experienced sleep paralysis when this happens ) I sat up with my back to the wall face to face with it, it moved towards me..just inches towards me, I felt my heart going, bang bang bang I was scared - it stopped and just melted up and away into the ceiling.

Being partly asleep just doesn’t cut it, I was wide awake with my blood pumping and the other times I’ve woke up pretty damn fast when I’ve seen it there.

in the day time I have these ideas about yearning to reach out and communicate but at night time

its a different world as anyone who has experienced anything like this will know.

my user name is genuine, despite having a wonderful partner - I have to sleep with a night light now - I’m 34 this month, I also struggle to sleep with silence, and I used to be all about the silence, now I tend to listen to really quiet 432hz music or crack my window open.

you tell people you experience this, and even if they know you’re not lying, it’s unbelievable especially if you’re known for watching every ufo, alien, spirit programme going.

it was since seeing the black blob...as I call it that I’ve seen other things, if I’m ever in a bad way emotionally,like somethings happened bad - I feel like it’s going to come knocking again, but that being said, I’ve seen it when I’ve had regular happy days.

I haven’t see it in months the last experience I had was something black and little on my hand - that rushed up and hit me in the face- though I felt nothing, but me and my partner who was fast asleep both jolted violently and he woke up and said what was that.

‘the last thing I felt, felt malicious, the other stuff didn’t, just incredibly space invading and prying- so that’s my lot,] for the next person who comes to add.

what is going on?

32 minutes ago, Nowisleepwithanightlight said:

Hey guys, I see this thread has gone on for a few years - and here I am continuing it.

ive seen it ‘them but I feel like singular describes it best.

‘the first time I woke up in bed and noticed a solid black mass next to my head - and I thought, that’s just my handbag hanging off the bedpost, and I thought- no it isn’t my bedpost is behind my head not next to it.
then is slowly rose, slowly like a balloon would rise if it was running out of helium but could just still make it to the ceiling.

I blinked and blinked to check my eyes were ok - I was wide awake at this point, hitting my partner at the time, it went across the ceiling,about an inch from touching it all the way to the wall to my right and dissapeared into it - and my partner only woke up as soon as it had gone into ceiling.

I moved house and became single, I was visited by this thing a lot - and I had a cabin bed- which meant I was elevated and clod got the ceiling. Seriously I kicked my ceilingl lampshade when I got into the ladder. So believe me when I say I got a good look at this thing, multiple times.

ive always been a believer in something else but seeing for yourself when you’re alone at night, you feel incredibly vulnerable and you feel afraid even if you’re someone that yearns to communicate with something other than what we know like I do - when something invades your space at night - you are completely vulnerable to it.

one particular time that I feel like is important, is I woke up and it was to the side of my head, inches away, I moved myself across and away from it in bed (I’ve never experienced sleep paralysis when this happens ) I sat up with my back to the wall face to face with it, it moved towards me..just inches towards me, I felt my heart going, bang bang bang I was scared - it stopped and just melted up and away into the ceiling.

Being partly asleep just doesn’t cut it, I was wide awake with my blood pumping and the other times I’ve woke up pretty damn fast when I’ve seen it there.

in the day time I have these ideas about yearning to reach out and communicate but at night time

its a different world as anyone who has experienced anything like this will know.

my user name is genuine, despite having a wonderful partner - I have to sleep with a night light now - I’m 34 this month, I also struggle to sleep with silence, and I used to be all about the silence, now I tend to listen to really quiet 432hz music or crack my window open.

you tell people you experience this, and even if they know you’re not lying, it’s unbelievable especially if you’re known for watching every ufo, alien, spirit programme going.

it was since seeing the black blob...as I call it that I’ve seen other things, if I’m ever in a bad way emotionally,like somethings happened bad - I feel like it’s going to come knocking again, but that being said, I’ve seen it when I’ve had regular happy days.

I haven’t see it in months the last experience I had was something black and little on my hand - that rushed up and hit me in the face- though I felt nothing, but me and my partner who was fast asleep both jolted violently and he woke up and said what was that.

‘the last thing I felt, felt malicious, the other stuff didn’t, just incredibly space invading and prying- so that’s my lot,] for the next person who comes to add.

what is going on?

I think it is not probable that a black orb would follow you around from house to house.  Like the cloud over Egore's head...

Most likely it has something to do with your retina or perhaps a scratch on your cornea or something akin to that.  I would suggest seeing an eye doctor.  

• Thanks 1

I’ve gone to opticians, and had full eye exams, thanks for your concern, as I said not something easy for someone to believe unless you experience it for yourself!

Then again it might not have anything to do with your eyes...it might be a hallucination via the optic nerve.

• Thanks 1

Seems this type topic has those who desire to openly discuss it and some who will only except paranormal as the answer.

Ive experenced many of these type issues i fully understand why some might find it hard to believe its just a product of how our brains work, sleep issues etc, not any cool otherworldly event.

Ive had episodes where tina was awake next to be and needless to say she saw and heard nothing. Because it started and ended in my mind.

In my case sometimes odd sleep hours stress etc trigger it. Sometimes due to my nerves and panic issies its a bit nasty to deal with.

• 9 months later...
On 12/4/2012 at 3:51 PM, JGirl said:

i'm trying to imagine something that is blacker than black. i mean that's got to be pretty black!

Vanta black

I have often wondered how the heck I ever went back to sleep. I never thought about the fact that I it may have put me out. Also, I recently watched the movie Arrival & if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do. The similarity is striking. 

Hey kids! I have had some years to think and somewhat fully process this. Do I think it was an eye, optic nerve, sleep etc. issue. NOPE. My cats witnessed it as well. If my cats didn’t see it- then yeah- I would think otherwise.  I was younger and healthy. (Still am ;)) No health issues- always check out with a clean bill of health. After reading others’ stories that are similar, it is truly one of those things you have to see/feel to understand. 
I was going through a big shift during that time in life and very vulnerable. SO my thoughts on this, many moons later, is that it’s a form of energy. A spirit? Meh. But whose? Family or a guardian? Possibly.  A demon? Nah. My own energy? Maybe. I haven’t seen anything like that since! The only thing I have noticed is I am a little more receptive when it comes to feeling (always have been but more so since). BUT is that because I now have children and work in medicine? I DON’T KNOW! Haha. My mind and heart are always open to these types of life experiences. It’s nice to know that others are experiencing this too.