Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pepsi's flavor enhancing aborted fetus cells

McFakename

Apparently they're no longer using them in any capacity, but it's mind-boggling that they thought it wouldn't harm their image ...... or maybe they didn't think.

• Like 2

That is disgusting. :td:

There is nothing disgusting here... the article is from an extreme "anti - abortion" site that thinks that rape and incest is no reason to allow abortion, they do not accept abortion for any reason "let the Mother die first". Sick people :td:

• Like 4

I'm from the South of the U.S.

I drink Coke anyway.

• Like 1

I'm from the South of the U.S.

I drink Coke anyway.

I am with you. Coke is way better, IMO.

Not sure what to think of the story, I have a hard time believing anything from such biased sites.

i drink root beer. and this is just more of the propaganda that's buzzing around right now.

Rebel.

• Like 1

I am with you. Coke is way better, IMO.

Not sure what to think of the story, I have a hard time believing anything from such biased sites.

I don't think this originated in one of those very biased sites, I think it is a genuine story because I've found articles on regular news sites about it.

Also, I'm not sure that it was ever used as actual flavouring in the product itself. Maybe Coke was doing the same thing!

I don't think this originated in one of those very biased sites, I think it is a genuine story because I've found articles on regular news sites about it.

Also, I'm not sure that it was ever used as actual flavouring in the product itself. Maybe Coke was doing the same thing!

Well, according to Snopes, the company, Senomyx, is supposed to be partnered with Pepsi in regards to a better tasting product.

A controversy over Senomyx originated with the pro-life organization Children of God for Life, which maintains that Senomyx uses HEK 293 in its flavor ingredient development efforts.

HEK 293 is:

a specific cell line which, as the name denotes, were derived from the kidney cells of an aborted human embryo in 1972

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/pepsi.asp

Now, PepsiCo admits a relationship with Senomyx, but sasy that Senomyx does not manufacture in any way, shape or form Pepsi. They have been contracted to try and see how Pepsi can lower the sugar content but maintain taste.

SO, once again, we have a Pro-Life group who takes a grain of truth and blows it way out of proportion. :no:

• Like 2