Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do athiests think we came from?

iforgot

Religion is nothing more then a set of rules and laws that one follows..... Looks like computers already have that. :). Computers are nothing more then fundamentalists for the cause of whatever OS that they are running.

This is why I like to be sure what the definition for a word is to the person who speaks it since we all look at the same things completely differently. God or Not we follow some sort of creator. Nature, Physics, Math, Your parents, yourself, Some crazy force illusionary force.

God is nothing more then a word trying to explain something that you find that is too simple and too complex to understand. What changes the definition for you is when you find that.

Hence why trying to define what God is beyond that is quite stupid from the geniuses of Science and Religion.

What that fails to explain to others is that all are man made.

no god required

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

What that fails to explain to others is that all are man made.

no god required

I agree but a creator is required in some form. Which gets tacked on to the definition of God. Which screws the whole pooch as people have a tendency to want to know what made them at different levels. This is why religion has that whole true name clause.

If science finds what actually created everything then basically the concept of the current religious "God" dies even though religion won't go away because there is a still a creator. It's a stupid cycle.

One day science will find God, add some scientific name & characteristics to it & then tell us " I told you so!" :mellow:

Edited by C235

One day science will find God, add some scientific name & characteristics to it & then tell us " I told you so!" :mellow:

Oh they found him alright, in a book.
  • Like 2

Oh they found him alright, in a book.

What are you so afraid of? or hate so ?

The possibility is there. Why oppose even the possibility of God?

Edited by C235

Same can be said about those who claim they know there is a god, when they have nothing to show that others can observe , other than a few of their own tales to tell.. that's it.. No hard evidence to prove it..

You can write 100 tales of your own, ( and you most likely have ) but you have nothing solid or physical to show for all to observe.... It is and always will be a matter of choice to believe it or not... What you class as your knowledge, is what others may class as your delusion or belief, depending on the person. This leaves you with nothing more than a tale or two of your own and your own choice to think it is knowledge for you..All boils down to what you believe or not

Fish are not supernatural, they can be observed for all to see, just like animals..

I am sorry but my knowledge is not and never is /has been, dependent on being able to prove what I know to another person.Neither is your knowledge.

Like many people you are confusing tranferability of evidences with the actual evidences themselves. Knowledge depends only on experiential evidence, logic ,deduction, evaluation etc. But NOT on having to share or prove that knowledge.

That was the point i was making about the fish. As soon as ONE human being had seen it, it WAS a known reality (it had been an unknown reality for thousands of years.) The fisherman could have thrown it back but he would have KNOWN it existed. He is not required to prove, or demonstrate, or even share, that knowledge to another, for it to be valid knowledge to him.

• Like 1

Same can be said about those who claim they know there is a god, when they have nothing to show that others can observe , other than a few of their own tales to tell.. that's it.. No hard evidence to prove it..

You can write 100 tales of your own, ( and you most likely have ) but you have nothing solid or physical to show for all to observe.... It is and always will be a matter of choice to believe it or not... What you class as your knowledge, is what others may class as your delusion or belief, depending on the person. This leaves you with nothing more than a tale or two of your own and your own choice to think it is knowledge for you..All boils down to what you believe or not

Fish are not supernatural, they can be observed for all to see, just like animals..

So in another word knowledge is what others can touch, see & approve!

Reminds me when i was little, girls would ask me to prove them i'm a boy. :unsure2: & I see their logic in you all.

So in another word knowledge is what others can touch, see & approve!

Reminds me when i was little, girls would ask me to prove them i'm a boy. :unsure2: & I see their logic in you all.

ROFLMCAO.

I am sorry but my knowledge is not and never is /has been, dependent on being able to prove what I know

If you rely on people believing your tale and because you have no way of proving any of it, then it is a belief and a choice that is made by whoever chooses to believe you.

You were made from wood and your name was Pinocchio, you had trouble convincing them you were a real boy lol :P I kid on that

Seriously though, If I post up a tale of my own god experience, what would it take for you to believe me, and call it all fact and it becomes knowledge?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If you rely on people believing your tale and because you have no way of proving any of it, then it is a belief and a choice that is made by whoever chooses to believe you.

No it is a fact, but it is up to others to believe it or not. ie for me it is a factual, evidenced reality It is NOT a belief position. Anyone without similar evidenced reality is free to ,and perhaps must, chose either belief or disbelief. But the existence of god is NOT open to belief for me. I KNOW god is real, physical sapient and concerned Exactly like my wife and my dog are real, physical sapient to a certian degree and some what concerned for my welfare. How do i know this? By using the same evidences logic and contextual realities in each case. They all tell me, and show me, that they are real, physical and concerned for me. The fact they can do this, and that they express concern for me, proves they are sapient and self aware (even my dog to a certain extent)

Thats the clearest explanation I can give, but to someone without similar experiences it simply may not make sense or be believable. That is NOT my problem and it doesnt discredit what i know to be true about my wife my dog or my god.

If science one day proves there really is a god, everyone can observe god... so god then becomes what?

You were made from wood and your name was Pinocchio, you had trouble convincing them you were a real boy lol :P I kid on that

Seriously though, If I post up a tale of my own god experience, what would it take for you to believe me, and call it all fact and it becomes knowledge?

You see, for me, I would choose to believe you. I cant KNOW if you are telling the truth, but i am going to assume, given past writing that you are an honest and relaible/sane person. So, no problems. You met god.

Now if you are lying, that doesnt affect me at all. Only YOU know your truthfulness, and so it is only you who has to worry about it.

If you know you met god, using normal rational and evidenced interactions with god as the basis for that knowledge, then you did. Same as if you actually met Sir Paul McCartney. You would KNOW if you had, but you might have a lot of trouble proving it to me. But i would choose to believe you, or at least not to disbelieve you. Why would you lie?

but it is up to others to believe it or not.

Which is all you can hope for, those to make the choice to believe your tale or not.. Edit to add, I wont call you a lair, I can be kind and say, ( considering I have read your tales for many years now, and I know you longer than so many here ) I see other possible theories to your stories.. IE - One you call god, ( the door in the sky tale ) I told you once that it could be UFO / ET linked They are good tales, but some people will put other possible theories to them, and you already know this..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If science one day proves there really is a god, everyone can observe god... so god then becomes what?

God. Same as always.

Or; you could ask him what "he" would like to be called. I call "him" mate, but then I am Australian.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

You see, for me, I would choose to believe you. I cant KNOW if you are telling the truth, but i am going to assume, given past writing that you are an honest and relaible/sane person. So, no problems. You met god.

I understand that Mr Walker and I appreciate it... . But say you do not know of me, you have no idea who I am and you have never read my posts before..My question to you is - If I write a tale of an experience, what would it take for you to say - Oh this must be fact?

God. Same as always.

Ha ha nice one lol :P ..But no, that's not what I meant.. Yes Mr Walker he will be the same god, but once all can observe and is proven by science, god then becomes what? Think about that a little more

What are you so afraid of? or hate so ?

The possibility is there. Why oppose even the possibility of God?

Is life so horrifying you need your imaginary friend to hold your hand?

I understand that Mr Walker and I appreciate it... . But say you do not know of me, you have no idea who I am and you have never read my posts before..My question to you is - If I write a tale of an experience, what would it take for you to say - Oh this must be fact?

I cant judge because I wasnt there, but i would rely on your word and your capable mind, so i would accept that what you saw and experienced was real. I would not think or assume it was an hallucination, or that you must have been mistaken, or that you are incapable of identifiying objective reality from delusion.

As to your truthfulness I cant know for a fact. I would make a judgement call on that ,based on your past truthfulness, but i would say that, if you saw it, and believed it to be true, then i would back your judgement. I have absolutely no reason not to.

Want to try reading what I wrote and not beating a straw man? No one called it a damn computer.

**However it does compute, and process input and output information. This neuroscience/biology/etc has shown.

There is nothing in mainstream neuroscience to suggest it is impossible. Complex, but not impossible.

http://www.indiana.e.../mindmade.shtml

Little clockman living on a clockman world

Who thinks reality is deterministic

Unable to see where he's going wrong

Even if whats said is simplistic

You'll get there one day but you might rust to peices before then lol

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Or; you could ask him what "he" would like to be called. I call "him" mate, but then I am Australian.

:P @ I'd call him mate lol

Leave out the gender of god.. Once proven for all to observe, god then becomes what?

God will remain God. Humans being the supreme ruler of earth has effected their perception. Science is a way of extracting usefulness from around us. But observing God is like chickens observing us yet We are still Gods upon the earth.

Edited by C235

Why reject any friend, imaginary or real, who is powerful and positive, who loves you, protects you, comforts you and empowers you, even if that turned out to be only through the power of psychological placebo?

Come clean

Why are you so against there being a God? Has your life not gone the way you'd hoped?

If I knew you as an honest & healthy person & if I had trusted you enough I would Accepted it as a perception of a reality you have encountered I would have analysed & gathered some facts from it.