Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do athiests think we came from?

iforgot

This thread is starting to derail into a science debate and no one here is a physic professor and has enough knowledge to judge who is right or wrong.

It also does nothing to prove the existence of Mr. Right Wing's version of God which he fashioned out of quantum physics.

It also does nothing to prove the existence of Mr. Right Wing's version of God which he fashioned out of quantum physics.

Actually I if you go and have a look at Pantheism, Taoism and Buddhism you'll discover 'my verion of God' is not my own.

Actually I if you go and have a look at Pantheism, Taoism and Buddhism you'll discover 'my verion of God' is not my own.

I believe that the objective universe is what most religions associate as a Supreme Being, I just don't believe that is where it stops or that is all there is to it.
  • Like 1

He clearly ignores QM when it refutes his egocentric view though. Edited by Rlyeh

I really don't understand what your problem is. Science has proven that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be transferred.

If Energy can only be transferred, it means that Energy is and always has been.

If Energy begets everything (e=mc2), and Energy has always existed, it stands to reason that every effect does NOT have to have a cause. Energy is an effect without a cause

Remember Energy cannot be created or destroyed - it just is and always has been.

Energy is a kind of God.......

• Like 1

Especially in America. We fight wars for our God. We complain when He costs too much. We insulate our houses so He doesn't leave too quickly.

I really don't understand what your problem is. Science has proven that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be transferred.

If Energy begets everything (e=mc2), and Energy has always existed, it stands to reason that every effect does NOT have to have a cause. Energy is an effect without a cause

Remember Energy cannot be created or destroyed - it just is and always has been.

You are on the right track my friend. Now consider an eternal organizing of energy through evolution.

Science has proven that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be transferred.

Science didn't prove anything. It is a theory invented to fit the view and the physics withing the solar system, a study of small scale to deduce the bigger scale.

Answers begets questions: if energy is quantifiable, then how much energy existed in the beginning? If nothing existed beside Energy, then what triggered that Energy to "explode" to create the Big Bang or the Energy "decided" to explode on its own? (like it has a mind). If the Energy has some kinds of inner mechanic, isn't it like saying all laws of physics also exist at the same time of the Energy?

A law of physic isn't energy existed in a material form, it's an abstraction represents how the universe works. For me it's not called energy, call it whatever you like. But it has to existed before for any kind of Big Bang to happen

Science didn't prove anything. It is a theory invented to fit the view and the physics withing the solar system, a study of small scale to deduce the bigger scale.

Answers begets questions: if energy is quantifiable, then how much energy existed in the beginning? If nothing existed beside Energy, then what triggered that Energy to "explode" to create the Big Bang or the Energy "decided" to explode on its own? (like it has a mind). If the Energy has some kinds of inner mechanic, isn't it like saying all laws of physics also exist at the same time of the Energy?

A law of physic isn't energy existed in a material form, it's an abstraction represents how the universe works. For me it's not called energy, call it whatever you like. But it has to existed before for any kind of Big Bang to happen

This is correct. There must be rules before rules can be expressed.

However. In all the vacuum with every single virtual particle subject to quantum tunneling. At some point in all of eternity by sheer chance ( or directed intelligence) an emense amount of positive particles could theoretically tunnel to the same spot in the universe. Not hindered by gravity yet because gravity has not emerged Yet.

Yes nothing would have emerged yet - There was just energy - no rules to follow, just nothing but energy. The laws of physics arose as part of the effect of the Big Bang.

Maybe I represent the blissful ignorant agnostic here.

I don't care if we were created in pool of primordial soup or molded from a ball of clay. (Which, when you think about it, is basically the same thing.)

It's the here and now that matters most.

I think most people came from God's alter ego, Satan...majority of believers help prove this to be true.