Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vapor spurting from fingertips...aura?

LizElise1921

Bear with me, it's been about 52 hours since I last slept.

Something weird has happened in the past few days (which I'm attributing to one of two thing which I will explain), to which Google has offered me next to nothing on other than the hint that it may have something to do with my aura. Any one who could please explain what this is in further detail, and why it is happening, and offer me any hope of it ceasing soon would be greatly appreciated.

In my sleep deprived state the other day I was meditating for the first time with my new amazonite when I fell into a glorious 15 minute or so slumber, clutching the stone tightly in my receptive hand. When I awoke, I almost immediately noticed a few things. A new energy in my vision (in the air), as opposed to the standard one I've always seen, and in addition to my standard aura thin, dull beams of light shooting from the tips of my fingers and webbing them together.

Now I can't remember if it was around then I noticed the topic of my question, or not until event number 2-

I was then so inspired to go craft energy spheres, something I've had no interest in doing for 7 years or so. 5 and a half hours of energy spheres. Nothing but energy spheres. Sphere, after sphere, after sphere. Sorry, anyways- It was for certain during this time I noticed (but was positive I was merely just sleep deprived, going crazy, or both) a vapor appearing in my peripheral that was gone even before i got the chance to see its source. My sphere-crazed mania continued on beyond that morning, and I was being driven mad with how much the vapor was appearing and disappearing. I was even more afflicted by the idea that I could have sworn what glimpse I caught of it showed it coming from me.

At a not too much later point in time my fiance mentioned seeing a vapor himself, floating around the house. The idea finally dawned on me that it was coming from the spheres themselves, and the travelling vapor due to my lack of rememberence to return the energy my body or the earth (instead I had just been casting the spheres aside..an obvious thing to forget i know, but remember, its been 7 years since i bothered with them and I haven't been sleeping)

I was only happy for a brief period of time. Because I could swear I still saw very small amounts of vapor coming from my hands at any given time, and slightly larger amounts when I was working with the spheres. I blamed hallucinations due to lack of sleep. I made many declarations to the unraveling of my mind during this time.

Finally we come to the end of my story- after sitting all night on the couch, talking about the vapor on and off, and myself making spheres on and off, me and my fiance both witnessed directly with our eyes (for once not in my peripheral!) the vapor shoot from a couple of my finger tips as if I were an air freshener. There was enough that time that I had to wave the vapor away with my hand.

And now that we've been watching my hands with scrutiny we have found to my horror that my fingers are indeed emitting very small (for the most part) amounts of what I can only describe as a vapor.

Hopefully this isn't the oddity Google makes it out to be. And thank you for reading this long winded post. (=

I'd agree with Nixon. Sleep deprivation often leads to hallucinations.

Your fiance also seeing it I would attribute to, perhaps, lack of sleep as well, and perhaps a desire to support you.

Not the only one to have witnessed this, thanks. And I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm not looking for a discussion on whether or not I'm lying - you can think that in your own time, doesn't hurt me any- just any idea if this has been heard of before. Google offered a couple of the same questions, but not much for an answer.

Oh, we have a roommate. And I've grilled him up and down, I certainly cannot prove that he's just trying to support me but I'm pretty good at knowing when he's lying. And admitting that these abilities may be dampered due to lack of sleep, he's at least always been good with calling me on BS.

Sorry, not lying- hallucinating. My bad, they are not one in the same.

maybe its an entity that can sense you focusing on your right hand and its wondering why u think its different from your left.

Ok,I will ignore the joined today for a mmmooommeeennnttt........

People who work with qi aka chi ,a lot ,are said to be able to see it, in sssooommmeee instances. Great masters could see it . Taoist monks of olde,could see acupuncture meridians gold gold on the body .

Qi can eminate from the body .

All that being said ,I know qi gong masters ,and I can feel qi ,and move it ,as could my teacher .Not even we can SEE qi .

I assume some old qi gong guy,in the mountains of Tibet may be able to see it ,but no one I know ,can see it.

Feel it yes,see it no .

Auras ,are not quite the same as qi . I can see faint aura ,and only if I concentrate very hard .I've never seen it spurt from any body area.

I mean its possible if you're especially sensitive ,but if its never happens before ,I would not think its anything,until it happens on a regular basis .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Thank you for trying to help.

Well, pretty much the only couple things I could find were related to the practice of Tai Chi and the only really helpful answer of the only question a bit similar to mine spoke of the aura.

And I should say, spurt probably is a bad word for it but I still haven't slept so the thesaurus in my head is turned off...It's for the most part been quick wisps, the longer streams being when working with the energy spheres.

And mostly, I was passing it off as a hallucination until I got verification from fiance with him staring at me horrified asking if we could be hallucinating the same thing. I've also taken into consideration the facts that I've suffered from many sleep deprivation induced hallucinations and they have never been alone (where there is one hallucination, there are many hallucinations), never something I could sit back and ignore and forget about for a while (they're all consuming), and when I reach that low of a point there's typically (for me) a bit more mental deterioration involved.

• Like 1

Interesting... Simbi pretty much covered the discussion on energy manipulation. If you had actually been creating energy balls, then you were working with your chi.

The deprived sleep state could still be connected. Shamans were known to use sleep deprived states sometimes pre journey. A sleep deprived state is a different ebb of consciousness altogether from a rested one, and at some point when perceptions begin to alter you can enter an alt state of consciousness, it's a projected mental state and in this state it is easier to perceive the astral levels from a conscious state. When people outright hallucinate they are actually practically sleep walking/sleeping while awake, and unable to perceive what dimension they are seeing things on, so become thoroughly confused and unable to comprehend where their consciousness is.

If you were not alone in seeing what you perceive to be energy, then it could have been a rare moment where some of that energy was able to materialise.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2

Oh believe me, I'm not up by choice )=

Well being up for three days straight,absolutely causes hallucinations ,and you're going on three days .

Why can't you sleep ?

I am not an advocate of sleeping pills,but ....a shot of whiskey ,a nice cup of warm milk ,a taped president bush speech .

Something to help you along,is in order I would say .

• Like 1

but I'm not looking for a discussion on whether or not I'm lying

No one said you were lying, just offered a physiological reason why you might be seeing odd things.

Shrug.

• Like 1

No one said you were lying, just offered a physiological reason why you might be seeing odd things.

Shrug.

Your a little late, I already apologized and corrected myself saying that thinking I'm lying isn't the same as thinking it's a hallucination.

Interesting... Simbi pretty much covered the discussion on energy manipulation. If you had actually been creating energy balls, then you were working with your chi.

The deprived sleep state could still be connected. Shamans were known to use sleep deprived states sometimes pre journey. A sleep deprived state is a different ebb of consciousness altogether from a rested one, and at some point when perceptions begin to alter you can enter an alt state of consciousness, it's a projected mental state and in this state it is easier to perceive the astral levels from a conscious state. When people outright hallucinate they are actually practically sleep walking/sleeping while awake, and unable to perceive what dimension they are seeing things on, so become thoroughly confused and unable to comprehend where their consciousness is.

If you were not alone in seeing what you perceive to be energy, then it could have been a rare moment where some of that energy was able to materialise.

Thank you for that insight (=

Well being up for three days straight,absolutely causes hallucinations ,and you're going on three days .

Why can't you sleep ?

I am not an advocate of sleeping pills,but ....a shot of whiskey ,a nice cup of warm milk ,a taped president bush speech .

Something to help you along,is in order I would say .

I take medication that helps me sleep, but I'm out of it. I see my doctor monthly but this time there wasn't an available appointment until about 6 weeks rather than 4 and the office has not yet gotten back to me on giving me prescription to hold me over until the appointment.

I take medication that helps me sleep, but I'm out of it. I see my doctor monthly but this time there wasn't an available appointment until about 6 weeks rather than 4 and the office has not yet gotten back to me on giving me prescription to hold me over until the appointment.

Constant need for sleep aid ,is not good.

Why you can't sleep is the issue.

Go for acupuncture . That's all I can say,literally .

Sleeplessness is an issue that can be treated quite well with acu .