Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the Philosopher's stone

Tr14n913

I've recently gained interests in the Philosopher's stone, I've read about and heard about, what it does and what it can do, but one very thing that troubles me is that if it is possible for such an object to exist. Turning objects in to gold, curing illnesses etc, where does this kind of objects get its powers from? Who created it? What is its purpose? It is also called the alchemists stone but who knows, can anyone answer my questions?

Thank you

Cata out.

i thought it was meant to be like a metaphorical thing, a change that you make in your self. for supernatural benefits

Edited by Armchair Educated

It gets it's power from being a metaphor (good luck finding a PEACOCK'S egg) for transformation and (importantly) an excuse for clever men in search of patrons to fund their research into other fields "Yes My Lord, I am but a scant few months away from discovering the Philosopher's Stone, I need only a few thousand Florins and access to your library. And I beg of you, as I seek this wonderful boon that I will no doubt give unto you, I ask humbly that I be allowed to research another project of mine, a mere pet project something just to pass the time I assure you...."

• Like 2

I know it plays a huge part in The FullMetal Alchemist and anyone that has one is VERY powerful. But in that there are more than just one. I have to read up on it I didnt really think one actually existed.

The Philosophers Stone, eh? Well..FullMetal Alchemist IS one of THE best animes out there but in reality the stone is a fable and a myth.

According to ancient alchemists, the precursors to today's chemists and all sciences, this stone was fabled to be a panacea for all illnesses and aided in the most difficult if not almost impossible feats of turning base metals into gold.

It is said there are two forms..the white, for making silver, and the red for making gold. It is also claimed the red is superior to the white form though some alchemist claimed the stones descriptions and properties were metaphorical and not alluding to a physical stone, per se.

Fro what I read, this stone was supposed to have had connections to the biblical Adam who supposedly heard of the stone directly from God himself.

It is also alluded to in Hinduism and Buddhism as well but so far these are all just stories.

Edited by Ryu

The Philosophers Stone, eh? Well..FullMetal Alchemist IS one of THE best animes out there but in reality the stone is a fable and a myth.

According to ancient alchemists, the precursors to today's chemists and all sciences, this stone was fabled to be a panacea for all illnesses and aided in the most difficult if not almost impossible feats of turning base metals into gold.

Fro what I read, this stone was supposed to have had connections to the biblical Adam who supposedly heard of the stone directly from God himself.

It is also alluded to in Hinduism and Buddhism as well but so far these are all just stories.

Never heard of the god and adam thing, do you remember any more details?

Tthat sure is interesting, could you give us some more information?

Never heard of the god and adam thing, do you remember any more details?

Well..Wikipedia has a pretty interesting write up on it but I have to admit that, even though I am no Christian, I never heard of anything even remotely alluding to the stone. I thought the stone had only one form but according to other sources, it can be a stone or even a liquid.

Here are some links that might be helpful, please note that the very last link opens a PDF file so make sure you have something that opens PDF files like Adobe or Foxit Reader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher%27s_stone

http://www.world-mysteries.com/awr_alchemy.htm

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/alchemy/The_Philosophers_Stone.pdf

I think its also what JK Rowling meant in the Sorcerers Stone book ,but she never admits to it .

A good start would be Fulcanelli 's work:

• Le Mystère des Cathédrales (The Mystery of the Cathedrals), written during 1922 and published in Paris during 1926.[21]
  • Les Demeures Philosophales (Dwellings of the Philosophers), published in Paris during 1929.[22]

There is also the work of Israel Regardie on the subject, another good book with lots of examples of true Masters would be "Morning of the Magicians" by Bergier and Pauwels (they have more than 1 chapter on it).

It is said that the "Chemical Wedding of Christian Rozenkreutz is one of the best books on learning the way. However the "philosopher stone" is to believe to show the alchemist he has achieved the work, the change of metal into gold being incidental.

This reminded me of a somewhat related story I heard from a good friend a few years ago.

He had worked on a cruise ship over the summer and met a very interesting man in his late 20's/early 30's while there. He claimed this guy had diplomatic papers related to the UN that he saw, a plethora of knowledge on secret societies and conspiracy theories, and most interesting to me, he claimed the guy knew how to absorb gold in a gas state. He said the man wouldn't tell him the specifics but mentioned it was tied to the philosophers stone, and he needed some piece of high tech equipment to turn the gold into a gas state(the name of which I can't remember now) but that once he absorbed the gold in a gas state it had healing effects on the human body as well as increased lifespan. He was also told this information was only available to the extremely wealthy and powerful, but apparently my friend had earned his trust enough for him to share some of this information with him.

I wish I knew more about it, but the story he told me about this guy has always intrigued me since hearing it. My friend is a big skeptic but he saw and heard enough from this guy to be completely convinced he was on the level, which is very hard to do with him.

I wish now he had stayed in contact with him, I believe he was based out of Greece at the time, I remember the man's last name but can't remember his first.

Anyone else heard anything like this?

Edited by Fergus
  • Like 1

This reminded me of a somewhat related story I heard from a good friend a few years ago.

He had worked on a cruise ship over the summer and met a very interesting man in his late 20's/early 30's while there. He claimed this guy had diplomatic papers related to the UN that he saw, a plethora of knowledge on secret societies and conspiracy theories, and most interesting to me, he claimed the guy knew how to absorb gold in a gas state. He said the man wouldn't tell him the specifics but mentioned it was tied to the philosophers stone, and he needed some piece of high tech equipment to turn the gold into a gas state(the name of which I can't remember now) but that once he absorbed the gold in a gas state it had healing effects on the human body as well as increased lifespan. He was also told this information was only available to the extremely wealthy and powerful, but apparently my friend had earned his trust enough for him to share some of this information with him.

I wish I knew more about it, but the story he told me about this guy has always intrigued me since hearing it. My friend is a big skeptic but he saw and heard enough from this guy to be completely convinced he was on the level, which is very hard to do with him.

I wish now he had stayed in contact with him, I believe he was based out of Greece at the time, I remember the man's last name but can't remember his first.

Anyone else heard anything like this?

Well not the story per se,but there are reports of colloidal metals being healers.

You can buy colloidal silver,gold and copper.

Each allegedly has healing powers.

In colloidal form ,its very similar to a gaseous state,in that its molecules ,in free form .

I've recently gained interests in the Philosopher's stone, I've read about and heard about, what it does and what it can do, but one very thing that troubles me is that if it is possible for such an object to exist. Turning objects in to gold, curing illnesses etc, where does this kind of objects get its powers from? Who created it? What is its purpose? It is also called the alchemists stone but who knows, can anyone answer my questions?

Thank you

Cata out.

This could be a start:

LESSONS IN THE UNFOLDMENT OF THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE

by Delmar DeForest Bryant (74 pages)

http://www.spiritualstew.com/ego_esoteric/Bryant%20-%20Lessons%20In%20The%20Unfoldment%20Of%20The%20Philosophers%20Stone.doc

Or this:

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/mackay.html

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/index.html

interesting, to think about that there is such an object who can turn metals in to gold and heal people, and if someone evil ever would find it.... would it have bad consequences?

Well..I did see a show recently where scientist were actually able to take a metal (not sure if it was lead though) and turn it to gold but the downside was it took so much energy to do that so I doubt that any stone, liquid or any other medium would be able to accomplish that with relative ease.