Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunter dies after investigation

Saru

so basically this is a news article about a woman who should have worn a mask while stirring up bat and rodent crap. common sense 101 if you ask me,

the fact that she was 'ghost hunting' is totally irrelevant to the story, and only serves to draw readers in to a tragic but not in the least compelling news item.

No,it is relevant ,in that ghost hunting,unless you're on tv ,is a,completely non productive endeavor .

That doesn't mean I do not believe in ghosts ,but doing this kind of dangerous work ,where all it is ,is to affirm to some home owner ,yeah you, have ghosts ,is meaningless.

The fact there were so many rat and bat droppings ,proves they probably weren't haunted ,but infested with noise making rodents.

Total waste .,

• Like 1

No,it is relevant ,in that ghost hunting,unless you're on tv ,is a,completely non productive endeavor .

That doesn't mean I do not believe in ghosts ,but doing this kind of dangerous work ,where all it is ,is to affirm to some home owner ,yeah you, have ghosts ,is meaningless.

The fact there were so many rat and bat droppings ,proves they probably weren't haunted ,but infested with noise making rodents.

Total waste .,

that's a stretch that is being made in hindsite. there is nothing substantial in the article about the dangers of ghosthunting and animal droppings,nor did it address the haunting at all or what the droppings could have meant in relation to it. it was a lure. you know it as well as i do. persuasive wording. lol

Wow! This story scares me more than ghosts. When investigating, I always worry about making a misstep in the dark, or hitting my head by a low beam. I even worry about asbestos and mold, but it never occurred to me to worry about bat dung. Many times I was nearly knee deep in the stuff. A mask sounds like a good idea.

uh fletcher, it never occurred to you that you'd need a mask for asbestos and mold?

• Like 1

uh fletcher, it never occurred to you that you'd need a mask for asbestos and mold?

It should have. I wasn't tearing apart the walls or sweeping up the floors, so I thought I would be alright just walking around the Okinawa abandoned hotels at night without a mask. We have giant fruit bats here which thrive in the abandoned hotels.... So thanks to this story, next time I will pack a mask.

• Like 2

Its tragic, lost her life due to the current ghost hunting craze.

Its probably time to educate people about the dangers ghost hunters can face in abandoned condemned buildings, etc. One can risk injury and if one is situated way out beyond city limits that only increases the risks exponentially.

• Like 1

Its tragic, lost her life due to the current ghost hunting craze.

Its probably time to educate people about the dangers ghost hunters can face in abandoned condemned buildings, etc. One can risk injury and if one is situated way out beyond city limits that only increases the risks exponentially.

why does it have to be directed at ghost hunters? i think it's just common sense for anyone who's going traipsing around old buildings and such - protect yourself against airborn particles as well as proper footwear etc.

heck i wore a mask when we replaced out bathroom shower just in case lol

these so called professionals should know those basics come on!

• Like 1

why does it have to be directed at ghost hunters?

Because it was the subject of this individual's death. And these ghost hunter shows are inspiring many upstart paranormal groups around the nation. Seriously, one of these television programs should discuss the subject of this death and feature an educational safety segment(s).

• Like 1

Seriously, one of these television programs should discuss the subject of this death and feature an educational safety segment(s).

this is agree with.

my problem with the news article is that it implies at first that her death was related to ghosts when in fact it is really a story about a woman who contracted a lung infection from animal droppings and ended up dying a month later.

that she was a ghost hunter is irrelevant to the overall message that it is dangerous to kick animal droppings around without a mask, whether you are hunting ghosts, cleaning your attic, or working out in the barn

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 2

this is agree with.

my problem with the news article is that it implies at first that her death was related to ghosts when in fact it is really a story about a woman who contracted a lung infection from animal droppings and ended up dying a month later.

that she was a ghost hunter is irrelevant to the overall message that it is dangerous to kick animal droppings around without a mask, whether you are hunting ghosts, cleaning your attic, or working out in the barn

Very true. Masks should always be worn when participating in these activities. A subject none of these programs touched upon when investigating "haunted" sites.

• Like 1

The biggest tragedy here is that this made the news.... End of Story.

& Doesn't it sound like the husband is trying to get some publicity off of her death.

RIP. I hope she tries to make contact though

I read through the posts and ask my self , " What ever happened for the compation of one person for another "?

But for the grace of God go I .

I read through the posts and ask my self , " What ever happened for the compation of one person for another "?

But for the grace of God go I .

uhhh you probably shouldn't go into the thread about the obese woman who died cuz she couldn't fit on the plane then...

uhhh you probably shouldn't go into the thread about the obese woman who died cuz she couldn't fit on the plane then...

Thank you , I wont.

I was expecting something completely different.

me too...

yeah, like that!

• Like 1

I got pneumonia once from cleaning out the building I kept my saddles and stuff like that in. Boy was I sick, spent time in the hospital. Really should wear a mask.

you wear saddles? cool..

so basically this is a news article about a woman who should have worn a mask while stirring up bat and rodent crap. common sense 101 if you ask me,

the fact that she was 'ghost hunting' is totally irrelevant to the story, and only serves to draw readers in to a tragic but not in the least compelling news item.

I must agree with JGirl . Woman dies of infection(so do hundreds of others). Could have been avoided(so could hundreds of others). What the hell has this got to do with ghost-hunting ? If a rat-catcher goes the same way then what am I to deduce ?

Bad journalism. It grabs people's attention and reels them in. Thousands of articles like this are posted every day.

24628049.jpg

Edited by UFO_Monster
  • Like 1

Bad journalism. It grabs people's attention and reels them in. Thousands of articles like this are posted every day.

24628049.jpg

it's everywhere!!

I have seen incidents like this before about archeologists.

An archeologist died from an infection after inhaling bad air microbes at a discovery in 2006 Egypt. I think it is sound advice to wear protective masks or breathing apparatus when investigating areas of extreme age or antiquity.

• 1 month later...

Paranormal investigator Sara Harris died from a lung infection she contracted during an investigation.

Hanta Virus? That is the first thing I wondered. But she wasn't in the area commonly associated with the Hanta Virus.