Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Labrador to undergo human heart surgery

Still Waters

A labrador with a rare heart malformation is to undergo a 3,000-euro (£2,400) human heart surgery in a top Paris hospital, following a Facebook campaign to save his life.

Veterinary surgeons at Maison-Alfort in Paris said that an operation to repair a ruptured artery in nine-month-old Lycka was technically too difficult to succeed.

But instead of opting to put the dog down, they contact surgeons at the Montsouris hospital – for humans – in Paris's 14th arrondissement.

http://www.telegraph...rt-surgery.html

Well done everyone and good luck. Beautiful dog :)

• Like 1

I hope the operation takes place in an animal hospital and not one for people.

I hope the operation takes place in an animal hospital and not one for people.

Why should that matter?

At any rate I am glad that the dog will get a new leash..oops, I mean LEASE on life. (Ok..I know..lame but I had to do it.)

Okay so if there is organ donation for humans, why don't we have it for animals/pet/ and zoo's? I find zoo's to be heart breaking. :(

I love my dogs and I'd loose all my fingers and toes for them but I have children, there are parents in the world right now that has to look into their children's eyes and tell them,"not today sweetheart ". :( Money can buy life, but only the health system and real government priorities can save them!

Lucky pup, and bless him! x

I hope the surgery is a success!