Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yellowstone Park Research Wolves Killed

Still Waters

An estimated 10 wolves from Yellowstone National Park have been killed by hunters this month, adversely affecting the park's wolf research program, one of the longest studies of its kind.

"Losing the wolves has been a big hit to us scientifically," says wildlife biologist Douglas Smith, leader of Yellowstone's wolf project, which has tracked the wolves since their reintroduction in 1995.

http://news.sciencem...rch-wolves.html

• Like 2

That's too bad. I recently watched a PBS special on the yellowstone wolf packs and almost feel like I know them.

I swear, the nerve of some people p***es me off.

If you want to pride yourself on being a hunter then howz about you drop that cowardly killing utencil and get down to the knitty gritty. Just experience how quickly your pride and your will get broken when you hunt the way nature intended. >;)

Very sad. I just watched Casey Anderson as he observed them and helped release a new male. Why do we kill them? I had thought populations were on the lower end.

Edited by QuiteContrary