Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dalhousie University to Open "Puppy Room"

sarah_444

Dalhousie University in Halifax is turning to some big, slobbery experts to help students deal with the stress of upcoming exams.

The student union is opening a Puppy Room on Tuesday where students can hang out with several dogs, including Roc, a St. Bernard who happens to be a therapy dog.

"They can come in and sit down, they can pat the dogs, talk to the dogs," said his owner, Mark Grant. "That's our hope – that the dogs will bring as much comfort to the individuals that we're going to meet as the individuals will bring to the dogs."

Roc will be joined by other dogs, including a Dalmatian and a golden retriever.

"A lot of the folks that we're going to have the pleasure of seeing probably have dogs back home. They miss their dogs, and just want to hug a dog," said Grant.

"These dogs will allow them to forget what they're doing for a few minutes. They'll just enjoy that friendship."

Full Story :)

• Like 1

It really helps relieve stress and brighten your day. My day or night always becomes 5 times better when I round the corner and see Layla laying on the floor looking up at me. I can't help but pet her, and that's when she usually winks at me. That's right, for some reason she winks, lol. I love it. I hope to someday get a picture of it.

7984428668_aafb8862cf_z.jpg

Now if they only didn't bark. Friendship would be easier without barking.

• Like 1

I am actually writing from the Killam Library (Dalhousie's library) as we speak, and I have not heard of this "Puppy Room". :-\

Well.. this is interesting. Can't wait to check the "Puppy Room" out.

Animals are great stress relievers if they aren't the source of your stress.

• Like 1

That is a wonderful idea.. If they had one of those on my campus I'd probably spend all my free time there and never have time to study. :yes: