Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul to Congress: Stop Worshipping Israel

Yamato

It will take generations to cure the hatred and resentment that Israel's policies have exacted on these people.

Do you really honestly think that every Palestinian vehemently hates Israel in the same way that North Koreans hate the US? And what makes you think North Koreans, who are brainwashed, will readily dump what they've been taught all their lives from school and their parents and grandparents and welcome the Americans as friends?

They will have to die, their children will have to grow up, memories will have to fade into the history books.

Did I read this correctly? You want to kill of millions of people? For their views? Isn't that a bit extreme?

Vanish from the pages of time, if you will.

Gee, I wonder where I've heard this before.

There's too much hate and too many reasons to hate to expect this to tidy up in less than a generation.

So killing a few million North Koreans is going to solve their problems and make them like the US as a result? Is that brain of yours firing on all cylinders Yam?

North Koreans are suffering under a dictatorship they've been culled to love. There isn't hate there even amidst the epidemic of starvation and oppression they live under. They love who's starving them to death, which isn't so unlike my own country the way these Keynesians think.

Well, at least you've said something I can agree with thus far. Congrats.

Someone will have to explain how the South Korean economy will implode.

In the event of probable unification, the new unified government will have to pay for the massive upgrade of North Korean infrastructure. This means upgrading and building all the roads in North Korea to the same standards as those in the South. Same applies for all utilities such as electricity, gas, water and sewage as well as rebuild and replace all the railways and rolling stock and upgrade all the water ports and air ports to South Korean standards.

That will cost hundreds of billions of dollars, if not trillions. Something South Koreans will pay for for decades to come. Hell, the Germans are still paying extra taxes to pay for the cost of their unification and the East German economy was only half that of the West German. The South Korean economy is at least 10x that of the North.

If they unite they just doubled their capacity to grow.

The North couldn't grow if it can't get goods and people and utilities around its country efficiently and reliably. We're talking about a country where the power goes out every night for a few hours.

They will have new access to cheap labor, cheap manufacturing, cheap real estate, room to expand domestically, so long as world gobmints don't interfere with trade contracts and punish the Koreans for uniting.

So you expect the world to sit back and watch as North Koreans are turned into economic slaves?

If any American is actually scared of North Korea they really need to live a little and find some things actually worth being scared of.

People like you for a start.

There is no "North Korea" after Korea unites.

Everyone should be able to understand I'm not talking about "killing millions".

Again, trade is the minimal standard of having "freedom" in the world. If you can't even trade, you're as good as a slave to the tyranny that restricts your freedom to even buy things with your own money. How pathetic! That's for oppressive governments like Israel, not for freedom-loving Americans like me.

If Palestinians don't hate Israel I would be shocked. Again, the world is dying to be friends with the US, sometimes literally. When the US government gets its head on straight and starts treating North Korea like a trading partner and not an enemy, they'll all turn into their southern counterparts when they get a taste of freedom for the first time.

Human beings don't suddenly change just because we cross the magic lines drawn by the gubmint. If one wants to put an end to bad government, free the people being oppressed by it. Freedom is the greatest political reformer in the world.

Under the circumstances, I don't think that some Palestinians will be ready to forgive and forget any time soon, which is why I endorse sending an army of international peacekeepers into Israel and Palestine both.

The free market is brutal, and runs employers out on their butts every working day of the year. Democrats and Republicans and Bipartisans All, put your big girl panties on, sit up straight and learn to deal with it. You'll be glad you did. ;)

The free market has solutions to all of the problems that people love to cry about, and these are the just solutions because they punish bad people directly for their own actions, and to the measure of their wrongdoing.

So it begs the question, my fellow Americans: Why are we turning our backs on our rule of law and letting our government defile them? Why do we trust our federal government to take heavy metal machines and giant explosives and go to foreign lands and mass murder terrorist "suspects" with impunity? Why aren't we able to admit that this is terrorism?

How about wearing that shoe on our own foot for a few miles and see how it fits us. Let's bomb some American families...errr "suspects", and then get gabbing in our media about how intelligent and acceptable that is. I would love to put the American punditry to that test! It would be the best TV entertainment I've had in years, maybe ever.

There are no political excuses for starting violence in the world. But if we can't even agree to the Golden Rule, what morals can we possibly have? When and how did this illegal, commercial, and perpetual warfare become morally acceptable in my country? The only reason I can see is we've done it out of fear. Fear and blood. 9/11 created a culture of fear (the whole point of committing terrorism) which led us into a severe overreaction that's insanely expensive, strategically counterproductive and grossly immoral.

It's time to put an end to this racket. And it's time to stop worshiping Israel.

And while we're discussing US foreign policy, the problem with the gun control advocates in my country is they run into the loving arms of the government to decide what to do with our weapons, which is about like trusting the little brother to be the babysitter for the older son.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

Nice read above. nyone know why the video is gone. ny other more recent ones ?

Nice read above. nyone know why the video is gone. ny other more recent ones ?

Zionist spam claiming copyright infringement? How can Ron Paul not be Ron Paul's own content?

I never received a violation notice on Youtube before I tried putting up a video about Palestinians. This kind of censorship of all things anti-Israel seems epidemic.

I havent experienced any censorship myself. Loss of Freedom for no reason yeah. I been that road however. Cant say I enjoyed it.

The free market is brutal, and runs employers out on their butts every working day of the year. Democrats and Republicans and Bipartisans All, put your big girl panties on, sit up straight and learn to deal with it. You'll be glad you did. ;)

The free market has solutions to all of the problems that people love to cry about, and these are the just solutions because they punish bad people directly for their own actions, and to the measure of their wrongdoing.

We've tried unregulated free market policies in the early days of the country. The result is huge monopolies that crush the little man (and hence, crush opportunity) - cattle barons and company towns are the result of too little government regulation.

I definitely believe in a free market, but not totally free - free within reasonable limits.

So it begs the question, my fellow Americans: Why are we turning our backs on our rule of law and letting our government defile them? Why do we trust our federal government to take heavy metal machines and giant explosives and go to foreign lands and mass murder terrorist "suspects" with impunity? Why aren't we able to admit that this is terrorism?

How about wearing that shoe on our own foot for a few miles and see how it fits us. Let's bomb some American families...errr "suspects", and then get gabbing in our media about how intelligent and acceptable that is. I would love to put the American punditry to that test! It would be the best TV entertainment I've had in years, maybe ever.

There are no political excuses for starting violence in the world. But if we can't even agree to the Golden Rule, what morals can we possibly have? When and how did this illegal, commercial, and perpetual warfare become morally acceptable in my country? The only reason I can see is we've done it out of fear. Fear and blood. 9/11 created a culture of fear (the whole point of committing terrorism) which led us into a severe overreaction that's insanely expensive, strategically counterproductive and grossly immoral.

It's time to put an end to this racket. And it's time to stop worshiping Israel.

Agreed. Our (by which I mean those who speak for us) hypocrisy is astounding. The Taliban were patriots and heroes when defending themselves from Russia - hell, even Rambo enjoyed their company. Using the same tactics for the same purpose when WE come rolling in to take over? Oh, that's terrorism.

And while we're discussing US foreign policy, the problem with the gun control advocates in my country is they run into the loving arms of the government to decide what to do with our weapons, which is about like trusting the little brother to be the babysitter for the older son.

The real problem is that so many people believe the government should take away guns to protect us from each other while the founding fathers wanted us to have guns to protect ourselves from the government.

• Like 2

We've tried unregulated free market policies in the early days of the country. The result is huge monopolies that crush the little man (and hence, crush opportunity) - cattle barons and company towns are the result of too little government regulation.

I believe if you search back it was GOV intervention which created those monopolies.

• Like 1

I believe if you search back it was GOV intervention which created those monopolies.

I believe that was a "chicken or the egg" situation. Companies got help from government officials who used them to get rich themselves (almost like virtually every government official in history, including our current ones).

The point was that without government regulation a startup can never get a fair opportunity against well financed bigger companies. The regulation I like is that which forces everyone to "play fair". That I dislike (which we have way too much of today) is that which gives the biggest and most profitable companies advantages, like the massive red tape costs involved in bringing new pharmaceutical products to the market.

Without regulation, Home Depot could tell power tool manufacturers not to sell to mom and pop companies or they'd get their tools elsewhere. To someone who believes in the magic of the market, someone else will just pop up and start buying those tools instead, but realistically Makita would take the millions of drills Home Depot orders over the dozens a small company might order in a heartbeat. Unless you've got an absolutely marketbreaking new product, there's no way to compete with a company with much deeper pockets without someone placing limits on how they operate.

Amen, Dr. Paul.

This posted speech is entitled "How to End the Tragedy in Gaza" in it Ron Paul states:

US foreign policy being so one-sided actually results in more loss of life and of security on both sides. Surely Israelis do not enjoy the threat of missiles from Gaza nor do the Palestinians enjoy their Israel-imposed inhuman conditions in Gaza. But as long as Israel can count on its destructive policies being underwritten by the US taxpayer it can continue to engage in reckless behavior. And as long as the Palestinians feel the one-sided US presence lined up against them they will continue to resort to more and more deadly and desperate measures.

Continuing to rain down missiles on so many increasingly resentful nations, the US is undermining rather than furthering its security. We are on a collision course with much of the rest of the world if we do not right our foreign policy. Ending interventionism in the Middle East and replacing it with friendship and even-handedness would be a welcome first step.

Full transcript available here: http://paul.house.go...=2030&Itemid=69

It very apparent by recent congressional actions that few in congress share RP's views.

239 members of the US Congress just signed a letter addressed to the President condemning the PLO's recent win of its UN observer status, and threatens to cut funding to UN international agencies that grant membership to the PLO.

It's pathetic how America continues to cut itself off from the world.

Letter to President Obama ---

A Majority of Members of Congress Sign Ros-Lehtinen Letter Urging Consequences for Palestinians, UN over Unilateral Statehood Push

Dear Mr. President:

Your Administration discouraged the Palestinian leadership from pursuing non-member state observer status at the United Nations and took a firm stance in both voting “no” and encouraging other nations to do the same, and we appreciate those efforts.

We are deeply disappointed and upset that the Palestinian leadership rebuffed the entreaties of your Administration and the Congress and insisted on pursuing this distinctly unhelpful initiative. This Palestinian action violated both the letter and spirit of the Oslo Accords, and it opened the door for expanded Palestinian efforts to attack, isolate, and delegitimize Israel in a variety of international forums—a threat which, even if unrealized, would hang over Israel’s head during any future negotiation or any effort by the Israeli government to defend its citizens from terrorism.

This is a truly unfortunate outcome. History has shown that direct talks are the only means for resolving disputes between Israel and its neighbors. Direct talks were the path that brought peace treaties between Israel and Egypt and between Israel and Jordan. Direct talks also led to the Oslo agreements between Israel and the PLO, and the PLO pledged in Oslo that it would take no unilateral action to change the status of the West Bank and Gaza.

Now PLO Chairman Abbas has violated that signed agreement. Accordingly, we believe the United States must respond strongly to the Palestinian leadership’s failure to uphold its obligations. First, we must send a clear message of disapproval, beyond our negative vote, with Chairman Abbas and the PLO’s decision to seek a UN status upgrade at the General Assembly. One important way of expressing U.S. disapproval would be to send the message that such actions are not cost-free and that, at a minimum, they result in setbacks to U.S.-Palestinian relations. We can do this by closing the PLO office in Washington, D.C. We can also call our Consul-General in Jerusalem home for consultations. We urge you to take these steps.

Second, we stand ready to work with you and commit to using every means at our disposal to ensure that this General Assembly vote does not serve as a precedent for elevating the status of the PLO in other UN bodies or international forums. Over the past year, Palestinian leaders have indicated an intention to apply for full membership in the International Criminal Court and over a dozen other international institutions in order to assert Palestinian claims against Israel. Such efforts would not only unfairly target our Israeli ally, but would devastate efforts to resume the peace process and do possibly irreparable harm to those international institutions. We should do everything possible to make sure that does not happen, including by reaffirming our commitment to maintaining and enforcing U.S. laws that require withholding U.S. contributions from any international forum that grants membership to the PLO.

Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to your response.

Check to see if your congressmen signed it:

http://www.scribd.co...bqtlem1ftdesloz

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN
  • Like 2

I think that few agree with RP's ideas because they recognize what the result of cutting off support of Israel would cause. He wants us to withdraw from the world stage and cede the power we have there now to China, Russia or whoever has the will to seize it. It isn't realistic and it will lead to worse chaos. But I can see how it would appeal to the PC crowd. Yes, that "evenhandedness" sounds all warm and cuddly but it's actually just a euphemism for betrayal of Israel. And the truth is that if you likened the situation to a big brother keeping the roughs away from the little brother it really would be more like this: Half a dozen tough guys want to beat the little guy to death and we keep them away but if we just walked away? The little guy would pull an Uzi from under his coat.

Israel will survive. US support of Israel is good IMO, but not a deciding factor in the fate of this nation any longer.

I think that few agree with RP's ideas because they recognize what the result of cutting off support of Israel would cause. He wants us to withdraw from the world stage and cede the power we have there now to China, Russia or whoever has the will to seize it. It isn't realistic and it will lead to worse chaos. But I can see how it would appeal to the PC crowd. Yes, that "evenhandedness" sounds all warm and cuddly but it's actually just a euphemism for betrayal of Israel. And the truth is that if you likened the situation to a big brother keeping the roughs away from the little brother it really would be more like this: Half a dozen tough guys want to beat the little guy to death and we keep them away but if we just walked away? The little guy would pull an Uzi from under his coat.

Israel will survive. US support of Israel is good IMO, but not a deciding factor in the fate of this nation any longer.

If you actually listened to Ron Paul he has stated many times that Israel has the right to protect itself. They have the capability to destroy anybody who threatens them with their advanced air force and nuclear weapons. Israel isn't no little brother to the average American citizen...... they are still considered a minority to the average american. That analogy reeks of propaganda. Maybe Israel is like your lil brother in some school yard but to the average american Israel is a bully in the ME.

If you actually listened to Ron Paul he has stated many times that Israel has the right to protect itself. They have the capability to destroy anybody who threatens them with their advanced air force and nuclear weapons. Israel isn't no little brother to the average American citizen...... they are still considered a minority to the average american. That analogy reeks of propaganda. Maybe Israel is like your lil brother in some school yard but to the average american Israel is a bully in the ME.

I'm sure that he has. And I am not saying the US has an obligation to cover for every illegal or immoral thing an Israeli government does...I believe they are chosen by God - but they are Not God Himself. If you are correct that they possess force enough to defeat any comer then why not just let them? The US exerts tremendous pressure economically to reign in those who would just strike and end the threat against their people. No one acknowledges this in their calculations. Nukes of course are almost immaterial to an argument since they can never be used - or used only once in retribution. And without spare parts, restocks of weapons and fuel a war against several Arab nations who were truly united would not be won by Israel I think. Very great destruction could be wrought but an ultimate victory will only come by finding peace or actually annihilating all their enemies - which of course would destroy the soul of their state. Most Americans still support Israel. I'm not sure which poll you have found that says other wise but I have seen them consistently in the 60% range pro Israel.

I'm sure that he has. And I am not saying the US has an obligation to cover for every illegal or immoral thing an Israeli government does...I believe they are chosen by God - but they are Not God Himself. If you are correct that they possess force enough to defeat any comer then why not just let them? The US exerts tremendous pressure economically to reign in those who would just strike and end the threat against their people. No one acknowledges this in their calculations. Nukes of course are almost immaterial to an argument since they can never be used - or used only once in retribution. And without spare parts, restocks of weapons and fuel a war against several Arab nations who were truly united would not be won by Israel I think. Very great destruction could be wrought but an ultimate victory will only come by finding peace or actually annihilating all their enemies - which of course would destroy the soul of their state. Most Americans still support Israel. I'm not sure which poll you have found that says other wise but I have seen them consistently in the 60% range pro Israel.

You want to know just how ****ed up the average american is? If Israel was bombed to oblivion tomorrow some would weep but by next week all that would matter to most is how to pay the rent, put food on the table and what TV programs or videos games are to be watched or played. Nobody cares except for themselves.

• Like 2

Betrayal of Israel?

What about betrayal to the American taxpayer and our great country who these clowns in Congress supposedly represent by their blind allegiance to the Zionist agenda?

I don't think any other nation on this planet will rush in to provide Israel with the over $3 billion that the US taxpayers provides annually for it.

If the US grew a pair and actually withdrew all support from Israel, Israel would not exist as the militaristic Apartheid state that it currently is. They perhaps may learn to compromise if they want to survive.

Betrayal of Israel?

What about betrayal to the American taxpayer and our great country who these clowns in Congress supposedly represent by their blind allegiance to the Zionist agenda?

I don't think any other nation on this planet will rush in to provide Israel with the over $3 billion that the US taxpayers provides annually for it.

If the US grew a pair and actually withdrew all support from Israel, Israel would not exist as the militaristic Apartheid state that it currently is. They perhaps may learn to compromise if they want to survive.

That is my point exactly. Even Canada, which currently has a pro Israel government would/could not provide such support. Governments use their money for the exercise of control. The situation between Israel and their neighbors has been a tinder box for years. It can and eventually will trigger a global war. Is there a single member here who understands the jeopardy of leaving Israel to it's own devices long term? I hear all those who spit on the country and artfully call for it's destruction but is there even ONE who can see and admit that that course might prove to be a really bad outcome for all of us? There are a lot of very intelligent people here at UM and it boggles my mind that all would be so PC or animated by animosity that they cannot just be honest about this point. Israel is a country of about 7 million people. They are surrounded by 100 million who want them dead. If some external force does not restrain those 100 million then they eventually will come against this small state. Do you really believe Israel can stand alone? More importantly, do you really believe that Israel would just allow itself to be over run? There IS NO compromise that leaves Israel intact. The PA came into being as it's predecessor in 1964 -calling for the liberation of a Palestine that still possessed (sort of) Gaza and the west bank. So what land did Arafat want to liberate? The answer is obvious...every square inch of the land Israel was formed on. The world will burn before that happens, yet the world happily moves toward it's fate singing that Palestinian tune as they go. It would almost be comical if it weren't sheer madness.

Letter to President Obama ---

A Majority of Members of Congress Sign Ros-Lehtinen Letter Urging Consequences for Palestinians, UN over Unilateral Statehood Push

Dear Mr. President:

Your Administration discouraged the Palestinian leadership from pursuing non-member state observer status at the United Nations and took a firm stance in both voting “no” and encouraging other nations to do the same, and we appreciate those efforts.

We are deeply disappointed and upset that the Palestinian leadership rebuffed the entreaties of your Administration and the Congress and insisted on pursuing this distinctly unhelpful initiative. This Palestinian action violated both the letter and spirit of the Oslo Accords, and it opened the door for expanded Palestinian efforts to attack, isolate, and delegitimize Israel in a variety of international forums—a threat which, even if unrealized, would hang over Israel’s head during any future negotiation or any effort by the Israeli government to defend its citizens from terrorism.

This is a truly unfortunate outcome. History has shown that direct talks are the only means for resolving disputes between Israel and its neighbors. Direct talks were the path that brought peace treaties between Israel and Egypt and between Israel and Jordan. Direct talks also led to the Oslo agreements between Israel and the PLO, and the PLO pledged in Oslo that it would take no unilateral action to change the status of the West Bank and Gaza.

Now PLO Chairman Abbas has violated that signed agreement. Accordingly, we believe the United States must respond strongly to the Palestinian leadership’s failure to uphold its obligations. First, we must send a clear message of disapproval, beyond our negative vote, with Chairman Abbas and the PLO’s decision to seek a UN status upgrade at the General Assembly. One important way of expressing U.S. disapproval would be to send the message that such actions are not cost-free and that, at a minimum, they result in setbacks to U.S.-Palestinian relations. We can do this by closing the PLO office in Washington, D.C. We can also call our Consul-General in Jerusalem home for consultations. We urge you to take these steps.

Second, we stand ready to work with you and commit to using every means at our disposal to ensure that this General Assembly vote does not serve as a precedent for elevating the status of the PLO in other UN bodies or international forums. Over the past year, Palestinian leaders have indicated an intention to apply for full membership in the International Criminal Court and over a dozen other international institutions in order to assert Palestinian claims against Israel. Such efforts would not only unfairly target our Israeli ally, but would devastate efforts to resume the peace process and do possibly irreparable harm to those international institutions. We should do everything possible to make sure that does not happen, including by reaffirming our commitment to maintaining and enforcing U.S. laws that require withholding U.S. contributions from any international forum that grants membership to the PLO.

Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to your response.

Check to see if your congressmen signed it:

http://www.scribd.co...bqtlem1ftdesloz

So many inaccuracies and false innuendo's in this letter that you would think it was written by some backbencher in the Knesset. It's apparent the US Congress remains deaf to the alarm bells tingling from across the Atlantic.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

That is my point exactly. Even Canada, which currently has a pro Israel government would/could not provide such support. Governments use their money for the exercise of control. The situation between Israel and their neighbors has been a tinder box for years. It can and eventually will trigger a global war. Is there a single member here who understands the jeopardy of leaving Israel to it's own devices long term? I hear all those who spit on the country and artfully call for it's destruction but is there even ONE who can see and admit that that course might prove to be a really bad outcome for all of us? There are a lot of very intelligent people here at UM and it boggles my mind that all would be so PC or animated by animosity that they cannot just be honest about this point. Israel is a country of about 7 million people. They are surrounded by 100 million who want them dead. If some external force does not restrain those 100 million then they eventually will come against this small state. Do you really believe Israel can stand alone? More importantly, do you really believe that Israel would just allow itself to be over run? There IS NO compromise that leaves Israel intact. The PA came into being as it's predecessor in 1964 -calling for the liberation of a Palestine that still possessed (sort of) Gaza and the west bank. So what land did Arafat want to liberate? The answer is obvious...every square inch of the land Israel was formed on. The world will burn before that happens, yet the world happily moves toward it's fate singing that Palestinian tune as they go. It would almost be comical if it weren't sheer madness.

Actually what's insanely comical is the way the US has become Israel's b****.

What's sheer madness is like all battered wives how the US keeps going back for more instead of leaving it's abusive spouse.

Actually what's insanely comical is the way the US has become Israel's b****.

What's sheer madness is like all battered wives how the US keeps going back for more instead of leaving it's abusive spouse.

So you see no danger in my concerns at all. You do realize that at some point the game isn't going to be carried by raw hatred alone, right? Eventually it'll be time to put up or shut up. And when the party starts it will be way too late to change course.

If Israel would rather burn everything than there lies the answer to the conflict. It's like watching two neighbors or spouses argue daily. At first third parties intervene to understand the situation but after a while it's obvious that somebody should pack up their bags and leave before the situation becomes too violent. If I were Israeli, born and raised there, I would pack my bags and leave to live somewhere else in peace. The experiment of Israel has been a complete failure because the situation pits them against the rest of the world. They need to understand that their nation was founded on violence and it's violence which continues its existence. They came from Russia, Poland, France, the USA, etc... to accumulate such a population and they can also go back to their mother land. It's really that easy.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

If Israel would rather burn everything than there lies the answer to the conflict. It's like watching two neighbors or spouses argue daily. At first third parties intervene to understand the situation but after a while it's obvious that somebody should pack up their bags and leave before the situation becomes too violent. If I were Israeli, born and raised there, I would pack my bags and leave to live somewhere else in peace. The experiment of Israel has been a complete failure because the situation pits them against the rest of the world. They need to understand that their nation was founded on violence and it's violence which continues its existence. They came from Russia, Poland, France, the USA, etc... to accumulate such a population and they can also go back to their mother land. It's really that easy.

:w00t: you should send them the memo ;)