Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Neuro-Psychiatrist on Near Death

markdohle

my friends mum was in the Mausley Hospital.

Anyway, have you heard the news today about the guy who died for 80 mins? yes 80 mins?

Anyway, have you heard the news today about the guy who died for 80 mins? yes 80 mins?

No I have not. Do you have a link?

Peace

Mark

No I have not. Do you have a link?

Peace

Mark

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2012-11-30/heart-attack-victim-recovers-after-being-clinically-dead-for-an-hour/

Edited by freetoroam

actually he didn't literally die. if you listen to what he's saying on the video he explains that although his heart had stopped the crew in the ambulance kept oxygen going to his brain. (he doesn't explain the procedure, but that is what i gather from his words anyway.) there isn't anything written up about what the hospital or doctors are saying about it so my guess is that there's nothing really phenomenal that happened here.

• Like 1

Hi there Mark, I first came across NDEs with Dr J. R .Moody’s book ‘Life after Life’ way back in the 70s, it inspired me to carry on looking into meditation as at the time there were many Gurus and such and I could see that a lot of them were frauds. But to find a doctor who had studies of people seeing Light in NDEs helped me to be open to the possibility of these phenomena, i.e. an Inner Light. It was a couple of years later when I experienced the ’Inner Light’ in meditation that I could verify for myself this most beautiful experience. I don’t think we will ever get consensus on this topic from science although many doctors are now looking into Consciousness so perhaps more may come from that, although looking at the mess of climate change studies for instance I’m not sure science is capable of it. I would recommend the book ‘The truth in the light’ by the same Dr P Fenwick in your clip, a book he wrote back in the late 90s, there are some beautiful inspiring experiences in it. I would also offer 2 other short films that may open up the topic to broader view point.

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEY by dr J B Taylor ‘a stroke of insight’

J. Lieberman ‘science and spirituality’ (not sure about the rest of this website you can find this talk on utube and TED.com its just the links to them don’t seem to work well)

Both these films are special I hope you like them. One does not have to wait till death to experience the divine oneness but it is not easy to shut down the mind chatter that drowns out the experience we ‘ALL’ have at the core of our being. Take care

Edited by sutemi

Mark I just looked at the second site again and it is a bit iffy so just watch Jeff liebermanns vid only or just google 'science and spirituality' or look at it on Utube sorry about that. all the best

Edited by sutemi