Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel pushes plans for 3000 new settlements

WHO U KIDDIN

http://www.reuters.c...E8AT0R720121130

As a result of the recent vote for Palestine's admission with observer's status into UN the Israelis have responded with plans to build 3000 new settlements.

It's apparent that Israel will not compromise yet it expects the Palestinians to play dead.

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN
  • Like 3

I hear it is not a 'diverse' development.

Funny how here in England we are told we have to be diverse and yet its ok for them to not be!! hence why we now have "communities" which do not want to mix with others. Mainly these "communities' are asian. I said it before, if they did not live side by side with each other in their own countries, then its not going to happen here. and the proof is in areas like Tower Hamlets. Queens in Bedford and a few more. And it has nothing to do with the race, it is all down to their religion!

I do not think it should be allowed to happen here in England, we just have to look at countries like Israel or Iran to see that this will be our future one day.

• Like 1

As a result of the recent vote for Palestine's admission with observer's status into UN the Israelis have responded with plans to build 3000 new settlements.

It's apparent that Israel will not compromise yet it expects the Palestinians to play dead.

Predictable though it is, it still could have been much worse. They had threatened to walk away from their commitment to Oslo and to withhold tax revenues from that agreement. Actually, I think they should have skipped on the new building and renounced Oslo since the Palestinian move effectively renounces it also. Tit for tat.

Well, see, there is a new instrument in the hand of the Palestinians now that can't be vetoed: The court of Human Rights in the Hague and the War Crime Tribunal.

If I were Bibi I would thread carefully about these things in the future. Could end up in a UN resolution to boycott Israel.

• Like 2

I hear it is not a 'diverse' development.

Funny how here in England we are told we have to be diverse and yet its ok for them to not be!!

I can't even imagine my government domestically enforcing violent rule on the behalf of one ethnic group in the US to the exclusion of all others. It goes against the grain of every fiber of my being, it's a blatantly anti-American mindset, yet I'm expected to be silent and sit idly by while my tax money pays for the hypocrisy. Kudos to our money handlers for getting away with it for this long. They've got our politicians in their back pockets, obviously.

• Like 1

I can't even imagine my government domestically enforcing violent rule on the behalf of one ethnic group in the US to the exclusion of all others. It goes against the grain of every fiber of my being, it's a blatantly anti-American mindset, yet I'm expected to be silent and sit idly by while my tax money pays for the hypocrisy. Kudos to our money handlers for getting away with it for this long. They've got our politicians in their back pockets, obviously.

You're right Yam about the hypocrisy it's mind numbing. What's even more disturbing is the fact that such racist attitudes are regularly condoned and espoused by 'religious and holy men' like Rabbi Yossef spiritual leader of the Shas Party and Rabbinical council, which is presently allied with Netanyahu's Likud.

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=191782

Well, see, there is a new instrument in the hand of the Palestinians now that can't be vetoed: The court of Human Rights in the Hague and the War Crime Tribunal.

If I were Bibi I would thread carefully about these things in the future. Could end up in a UN resolution to boycott Israel.

I think that is a foregone conclusion. No doubt it is the primary purpose of this little drama. Incremental steps to bring more and more pressure on Israel to do what?

I think that is a foregone conclusion. No doubt it is the primary purpose of this little drama. Incremental steps to bring more and more pressure on Israel to do what?

Finally do what everybody is telling them to do: Make peace and withdraw to the '64 borders.

Edited by questionmark

Finally do what everybody is telling them to do: Make peace and withdraw to the '64 borders.

The borders in '64 were what Arafat found to be unacceptable though. He founded the PLO to LIBERATE Palestine based on those borders, no?

An extra 3000 settlements!

This is the reason their staunch European allies have turned on them and voted Palestine. This is the reason the peace process hasn't been going anywhere for a long time. This is the reason the world is starting to believe there is more to it than just security as the Israeli Govt would like us all to believe.

All well supported by growing Zionism and right wing nationalism in Israel.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil
  • Like 3

An extra 3000 settlements!

This is the reason their staunch European allies have turned on them and voted Palestine. This is the reason the peace process hasn't been going anywhere for a long time. This is the reason the world is starting to believe there is more to it than just security as the Israeli Govt would like us all to believe.

All well supported by growing Zionism and right wing nationalism in Israel.

Two sides to every story RBLD. I think the additional apartments were just a slap in the face to the countries who voted against Israel. If a negotiated solution isn't found between the two then it just means more war - and the Palestinians will lose. Pushing Israel into a corner means more war - and the Palestinians lose. So it just makes more sense to pressure the Palestinians to the bargaining table doesn't it?

Two sides to every story RBLD. I think the additional apartments were just a slap in the face to the countries who voted against Israel. If a negotiated solution isn't found between the two then it just means more war - and the Palestinians will lose. Pushing Israel into a corner means more war - and the Palestinians lose. So it just makes more sense to pressure the Palestinians to the bargaining table doesn't it?

Israel is just slapping themselves in the face with these authoritarian decisions. LOL, the people of Israel are loosing the moral war thanks to their Zionist head of state and they don't even realize it. Believe me, Israel needs to get back to the negotiating table and find solutions before it's too late.

A conventional war against the Palestinians (??!!). Will never happen.

I keep saying this but Israel is trying to provke Palestine to attack them by doing this. So they can get everyone to see Palestine is bad

• Like 3

Israel is just slapping themselves in the face with these authoritarian decisions. LOL, the people of Israel are loosing the moral war thanks to their Zionist head of state and they don't even realize it. Believe me, Israel needs to get back to the negotiating table and find solutions before it's too late.

A conventional war against the Palestinians (??!!). Will never happen.

But it IS happening. What would you call the months or sometimes years of rocket fire followed by the occasional ground incursion that kills hundreds? Just because Israel doesn't roll in and raze the strip doesn't mean they aren't at war. And just because Gazans don't put on uniforms and fight with conventional tactics doesn't mean they can't disrupt life and commerce for Israel in a serious way. At some point and maybe soon if the PA try the ICC to exert more pressure, Israel may very well go into Gaza in a major way and even reoccupy parts of it. They will have no other choice since they aren't the kind to quit. And the attitude that the clock is ticking for Israel alone is erroneous. The people of Gaza need to get serious as well. I absolutely MARVEL at the attitudes here about Israel and the Palestinians. There seems to be a near total disconnect from reality where the arc of this conflict is headed. Many seem to actually believe, in spite of all evidence, that Israel is going to succumb to words and just give up their homes and wander in the world again because many nations hate them. WOULD YOU? I think not.

I keep saying this but Israel is trying to provke Palestine to attack them by doing this. So they can get everyone to see Palestine is bad

Possibly, but when was the last time you heard anyone in the media condemn the Palestinians? Seriously? Can you find a single source other than FoxNews that has done so?

But it IS happening. What would you call the months or sometimes years of rocket fire followed by the occasional ground incursion that kills hundreds?

Israel Zionistic expansionism through settlements despite the world warning them othwerwise

Just because Israel doesn't roll in and raze the strip doesn't mean they aren't at war. And just because Gazans don't put on uniforms and fight with conventional tactics doesn't mean they can't disrupt life and commerce for Israel in a serious way.

They can't fight a conventional war because they're occupied by land and sea by Israel and they have no army, navy....LOL

At some point and maybe soon if the PA try the ICC to exert more pressure, Israel may very well go into Gaza in a major way and even reoccupy parts of it. They will have no other choice since they aren't the kind to quit.

Invade a UN Member? You really sure?

And the attitude that the clock is ticking for Israel alone is erroneous.

Points of view I suppose.

I absolutely MARVEL at the attitudes here about Israel and the Palestinians. There seems to be a near total disconnect from reality where the arc of this conflict is headed. Many seem to actually believe, in spite of all evidence, that Israel is going to succumb to words and just give up their homes and wander in the world again because many nations hate them. WOULD YOU? I think not.

You really are convinced that Israel is oblivious to all international law and have the power to do whatever they please, to whoever they please because they've managed to win a couple of wars thanks to the billions of dollars of military aid assistance they've received from the US and their supportive European allies since the 70's? Whatever........ :P

Israel Zionistic expansionism through settlements despite the world warning them othwerwise

They can't fight a conventional war because they're occupied by land and sea by Israel and they have no army, navy....LOL

Invade a UN Member? You really sure?

Points of view I suppose.

You really are convinced that Israel is oblivious to all international law and have the power to do whatever they please, to whoever they please because they've managed to win a couple of wars thanks to the billions of dollars of military aid assistance they've received from the US and their supportive European allies since the 70's? Whatever........ :P

I think you are intentionally ignoring what I'm trying to say. Israel wants all the land. The Palestinians want all the land. Eventually I believe that the world will side with the Palestinians and Israel will be pushed into a corner and since they will not surrender what they feel is their's a war will ensue. It all seems pretty logical to me. But I'm willing to see your side - maybe you can tell me what the world can do to change the facts on the ground? This continual warning that is done in the UN...where do you think it leads? It's a reasonable question - I'm curious about how you see the situation being resolved.

It is time to give real weapons and arms to the Palestinians.

Let the Palestinians fight with armaments equal to that used against them by Israel.

The Israel will be persuaded that new settlements must stop for true peace.

Or do the world just stand by and see the new disgusting Lebensraum being practised by Israel?

Is that what Israel learned from Hitler?

Will the Israel supporters clap their hands and cheer Israel on?

Will Final Solution for Palestinians be imposed by Israel next?

After all, no less than Israel Ministers vowed Holocaust will be descended onto the Palestinians in Gaza.

It is time to give real weapons and arms to the Palestinians.

Let the Palestinians fight with armaments equal to that used against them by Israel.

The Israel will be persuaded that new settlements must stop for true peace.

Or do the world just stand by and see the new disgusting Lebensraum being practised by Israel?

Is that what Israel learned from Hitler?

Will the Israel supporters clap their hands and cheer Israel on?

Will Final Solution for Palestinians be imposed by Israel next?

After all, no less than Israel Ministers vowed Holocaust will be descended onto the Palestinians in Gaza.

So you feel that providing advanced weaponry to the Palestinians would make the situation better? I think it would certainly cause more deaths but I'm not sure it would be good for the Palestinians. Just after Obama came to office he demanded of Israel that they stop building for 10 months as a sign of goodwill so talks could start. The building stopped. Why did the Palestinians never come to talk?

So you feel that providing advanced weaponry to the Palestinians would make the situation better? I think it would certainly cause more deaths but I'm not sure it would be good for the Palestinians. Just after Obama came to office he demanded of Israel that they stop building for 10 months as a sign of goodwill so talks could start. The building stopped. Why did the Palestinians never come to talk?

And you think letting the Palestinians fight with sticks and stones while allowing high powered weapons to Israel a road for peace?

Israel is laughing at the rest of the world as they grap land as they wished, and drop phosphorus bombs and shoot rockets from helicopter gunships into the Palestinian homes.

Is that peace that you want? A nauseating one sided peace while Israel steal and build on lands that is not theirs?

With impunity and immunity from Israel robbing and creating of more disgusting Lebensraum?

Give the Hamas and Palestinians the high tech weapons equal to that of Israel.

Then and only then, peace will come.

• Like 1

And you think letting the Palestinians fight with sticks and stones while allowing high powered weapons to Israel a road for peace?

Israel is laughing at the rest of the world as they grap land as they wished, and drop phosphorus bombs and shoot rockets from helicopter gunships into the Palestinian homes.

Is that peace that you want? A nauseating one sided peace while Israel steal and build on lands that is not theirs?

With impunity and immunity from Israel robbing and creating of more disgusting Lebensraum?

Give the Hamas and Palestinians the high tech weapons equal to that of Israel.

Then and only then, peace will come.

No, I also would like to see a peace where Israelis and Palestinians could share the land and stop killing each other. From a practical stand point I think your idea would be unworkable due to differences in training even if the Palestinians did have better weapons. I'm not sure how old you are but I have watched this conflict since the '67 war when I was about 6 years old. It never changes, really. The two sides fight, truce, fight , truce, on and on. Israel has the 10 th best military in the world and the Palestinians don't even have uniforms or a concept of military structure or organization except the Guerilla style that Iran is teaching them. I think that more fighting is not the answer for either side. The Palestinians want ALL THE LAND. I have another question for you - respectfully - the conflict today is reported to be about the "occupied" west bank and the Gaza strip (no longer occupied though blockaded out of necessity) If this is the case then why was the PLO formed in 1964 prior to those areas being occupied after the war? What "Palestine" was Arafat trying to liberate? This is a serious question that I have found no supporter of the Palestinians willing to answer. It's my goal here to discuss and not argue please.

Sonny,

I am older, a lot older than you.

I used to cheer Israel on. But over the years, their antics and their bullying way disgust me more and more.

Wringing hands and telling Israel they must be serious about peace had not worked in the past and will not ever

work in the future.

Only way is to take all hands off all the parties there.

Not tie the hands and legs of the Palestinians and let Israel continue to terrorised them and Lebensraum other people land as theirs.

Or you happily content to see just that.

Not me.

You go brush up on your history of the ME.

Edited by shanlung

Sonny,

I am older, a lot older than you.

I used to cheer Israel on. But over the years, their antics and their bullying way disgust me more and more.

Wringing hands and telling Israel they must be serious about peace had not worked in the past and will not ever

work in the future.

Only way is to take all hands off all the parties there.

Not tie the hands and legs of the Palestinians and let Israel continue to terrorised them and Lebensraum other people land as theirs.

Or you happily content to see just that.

Not me.

You go brush up on your history of the ME.

You still did not answer the question, though. If the PLO was formed in 1964 then what land were they trying to liberate?

You still did not answer the question, though. If the PLO was formed in 1964 then what land were they trying to liberate?

Sonny,

I answered you.

You go brush up on the history of the ME and you have the answer to your question.

Surely you do not need me to hold your hands do you?

• Like 1

Sonny,

I answered you.

You go brush up on the history of the ME and you have the answer to your question.

Surely you do not need me to hold your hands do you?

You did not answer. No supporter of the Palestinians will just be honest about this issue. I suspect they avoid it because to address it would mean to admit that the Palestinians have always wanted ALL THE LAND. "Palestine" to them is every square inch of the land that Israel was founded on. So I ask again - do you think Israel has a right to ANY of the land of Palestine?
  • Like 1