Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel pushes plans for 3000 new settlements

WHO U KIDDIN

Actually there was a whole Islamic Division of the SS.

The holocaust had nothing to do with Islam or Palestine so why bring up the fact there was a Muslim brigade of SS..what purpose does that serve ?

No, Israelis are divisive on whether they agree with me or you.

You participated heavily in the thread I spoke of above. I titled it 'The Zionist Story' in fact. You should try to get through all of it. If that thread wasn't closed down or deleted we can open up the discussion, this time about the video itself if you like.

People like and then wont take on specific issues only dismiss them all as constantly spewing vitriol. Its almost like a rapist who has been caught by DNA and CCTV but yet continues to find excuse after excuse for their behaviour and then to even try to say your a hater because you question them about the crimes they commit...its hilarious and perhaps that's the reason anti semitism is growing when in the face of so much evidence they still continue with the charade.

Edited by Codeblind
  • Like 2

The holocaust had nothing to do with Islam or Palestine so why bring up the fact there was a Muslim brigade of SS..what purpose does that serve ?

People like and then wont take on specific issues only dismiss them all as constantly spewing vitriol. Its almost like a rapist who has been caught by DNA and CCTV but yet continues to find excuse after excuse for their behaviour and then to even try to say your a hater because you question them about the crimes they commit...its hilarious and perhaps that's the reason anti semitism is growing when in the face of so much evidence they still continue with the charade.

Those "specific" issues have been debated ad nauseum by better men than myself. It is pointless to continue the arguments any longer. Opinions will never change between these two groups of people. If that were possible it would have happened long ago. What will happen is that war will ensue at some point and both sides will suffer immeasurably. Until then people like yourself will continue to tell the world how evil one side is in the conflict while ignoring the acts of the other side. As if your personal morality is somehow superior. It's interesting to me that people all over the world take sides in this conflict as though it is personal to them. For my part, I support the people of Israel - always have, always will. I do so full well knowing that those people are often wrong in their approach to living with their neighbors. I don't hate the Palestinians but neither do I accept the myth of their victimization. Truth is that if Israel desired to eradicate the problem of the Palestinians they could do so. They choose not to because they are a democracy that believes in a core of values that is pointedly missing in the ideals of their enemies. Israel will triumph in this struggle. No doubt in my mind of that but I find it more and more incredible as time goes by, how many people look at this struggle and fail to see our common danger from it. How they somehow expect the people of Israel to magically surrender to those that would slaughter their children. That expectation is irrational to the point of insanity.

Doing things that would make anyone hate you and then blaming them for hating you is ridiculous. Equally ridiculous are how these blatantly anti-Arab mindsets have convinced themselves they're the ones who aren't anti-Semitic. I can't have a discussion on this forum without another vitriolic spiel about ethnic groups coming around the next corner and it's a shame frankly.

• Like 1

Read some of the testimonies, and if you feel it pointless to continue debating them then why try to defend them..if its pointless then I guess we wont be seeing you anymore in the thread.

http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/

As long as Itreat others here with respect I can come and go as I please. And I said it was pointless to argue - which is what you seem increasingly intent on doing. We simply disagree on this situation. I admire the passions of person who support the Palestinians as long as they remain respectful.

I actually tried to give you some credibility using the word debate, as you haven't really said anything other than its pointless to argue, you did try with a reply on the weapon used by the kid that was killed, so you can debate when you feel you have the content to argue with, if when you can reply to specific issues instead of hiding behind the excuse that Those "specific" issues have been debated ad nauseum by better men than myself. It is pointless to continue the arguments any longer.

then fine your'll get some respect from me, I think it lacks any respect for anyone who takes the time to comment in here only to have you try to defend against those comments generally but then to give that kind of statement.

Edited by Codeblind

I actually tried to give you some credibility using the word debate, as you haven't really said anything other than its pointless to argue, you did try with a reply on the weapon used by the kid that was killed, so you can debate when you feel you have the content to argue with, if when you can reply to specific issues instead of hiding behind the excuse that Those "specific" issues have been debated ad nauseum by better men than myself. It is pointless to continue the arguments any longer.

then fine your'll get some respect from me, I think it lacks any respect for anyone who takes the time to comment in here only to have you try to defend against those comments generally but then to give that kind of statement.

What is it with you? You seem intent on making this into some kind of personal disagreement. Codeblind I have no desire for your brand of "respect", you obviously have some set of rules by which you feel things need to be debated. I'm not a "debater". Nor is that a requirement to be on this forum. I have enjoyed reading many informed and interesting debates in my year here but I usually only give an opinion because that's all I am capable of doing. You'd do well to relax a bit and just allow for differences of opinion. They're quite common here, you know? :santa:

I apologise if you feel this is personal, but seeing as your very active in this thread and continued to reply I was hoping you might respond specifically like you did with the shooting last week, and with your Muslim SS, I assumed you was being evasive purposely, especially as you continued to defend Israel but not against any specific issues, and as you then went on to described others opinions as spewing vitriol constantly but without actually attempting to respond to any criticism only to state "Those "specific" issues have been debated ad nauseum by better men than myself. It is pointless to continue the arguments any longer."

But I have no idea what your talking about my kind of respect, I just think its respectful to respond to what people post, especially after dismissing them as "Cruel and bitter criticism" I fail to see how highlighting Israeli or even Palestinian wrongs as cruel criticism, if its true its true.

Edited by Codeblind

I apologise if you feel this is personal, but seeing as your very active in this thread and continued to reply I was hoping you might respond specifically like you did with the shooting last week, and with your Muslim SS, I assumed you was being evasive purposely, especially as you continued to defend Israel but not against any specific issues, and as you then went on to described others opinions as spewing vitriol constantly but without actually attempting to respond to any criticism only to state "Those "specific" issues have been debated ad nauseum by better men than myself. It is pointless to continue the arguments any longer."

But I have no idea what your talking about my kind of respect, I just think its respectful to respond to what people post, especially after dismissing them as "Cruel and bitter criticism" I fail to see how highlighting Israeli or even Palestinian wrongs as cruel criticism, if its true its true.

I will try again. First of all the comment about a Muslim SS division was simply a statement to reply to this comment made by you: " why was the Palestinian Arabs punished for the crimes of Hitler when the holocaust had nothing to do with Islam", I was attempting to point out that Islam did in fact play a small role in the holocaust. That was all I intended by the comment. My comment that there was no point in continuing the argument about the differences between the Palestinians and Israelis was simply an acknowledgement that the two sides themselves have chosen conflict over peace. Sometimes both are guilty, other times they are ready to come to the table at different times. You can post up videos and reference news and book evidence of Israeli actions against the Palestinians and If I chose to I could do the same against the Palestinians - believe me - it has been done to death here. What it comes down to for me is that I support Israel. Not every action of a secular government but the people of Israel. I understand and have come to respect that most on UM support the Palestinians. But neither side in this conflict are guiltless. You know little of me unless you have studied my content (which I'm sure NO ONE would ever bother to do) so I'll explain myself a bit. I stated as soon as I came to UM that I was (and am) a Christian Zionist. I never realized before I came to this forum that that was (in certain circles) like calling myself an aids infested leper. A Zionist is one who believes that Israel was deeded the land now called Palestine by God Himself. I do NOT think that Israelis have a right to brutalize people and take their homes from them. The settler issue troubles me much. But overall I believe that the land IS their's by right. Since I think it's safe to say that most here at UM are lukewarm at best to even acknowledging that there IS a God, I understand why not too many folks here would agree with my POV. But I am consistent in my support for Israel and always will be.

There really is no need to try anything again, I don't know what you expected as a reply from me, but saying things like "I was (and am) a Christian Zionist" "A Zionist is one who believes that Israel was deeded the land now called Palestine by God Himself" "overall I believe that the land IS their's by right" that's just retarded IMO, and not something I personally want to get into, I understood your opinion shortly after your first reply ,but I appreciate you at least agreeing both sides aren't guiltless that's more than most zionists would admit, and also your UM life story, very interesting assumptions you make, and interesting how you felt you had to explain all that to me but anyway lets just agree to disagree...I guess I'm not looking for opinions but facts and perhaps this is the wrong place to seek them.

There really is no need to try anything again, I don't know what you expected as a reply from me, but saying things like "I was (and am) a Christian Zionist" "A Zionist is one who believes that Israel was deeded the land now called Palestine by God Himself" "overall I believe that the land IS their's by right" that's just retarded IMO, and not something I personally want to get into, I understood your opinion shortly after your first reply ,but I appreciate you at least agreeing both sides aren't guiltless that's more than most zionists would admit, and also your UM life story, very interesting assumptions you make, and interesting how you felt you had to explain all that to me but anyway lets just agree to disagree...I guess I'm not looking for opinions but facts and perhaps this is the wrong place to seek them.

:tu:

Israeli leader vows more east Jerusalem building

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's prime minister on Tuesday rejected international criticism of plans to build thousands more Jewish homes in east Jerusalem, insisting that construction will move forward....

Germany and three other European members of the U.N. Security Council prepared a statement condemning Israel's latest settlement plans in east Jerusalem and the West Bank, a European diplomatic official said Tuesday...

Read: http://news.yahoo.co...-174005340.html

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN
  • Like 1

Israeli leader vows more east Jerusalem building

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's prime minister on Tuesday rejected international criticism of plans to build thousands more Jewish homes in east Jerusalem, insisting that construction will move forward....

Germany and three other European members of the U.N. Security Council prepared a statement condemning Israel's latest settlement plans in east Jerusalem and the West Bank, a European diplomatic official said Tuesday...

Read: http://news.yahoo.co...-174005340.html

He's facing an election and his constituency expect him to be tough. He and the state of Israel got pushed by the Palestinians and the UN - he's pushing back.

Interesting article from Newsweek, apparently a surprising shift in American foreign policy in regards to Israel:

Why Obama Will Ignore Israel

Dec 10, 2012 12:00 AM EST

The administration’s new Mideast strategy: benign neglect.

...So instead of confronting Netanyahu directly, Team Obama has hit upon a different strategy: stand back and let the rest of the world do the confronting. Once America stops trying to save Israel from the consequences of its actions, the logic goes, and once Israel feels the full brunt of its mounting international isolation, its leaders will be scared into changing course. “The tide of global opinion is moving [against Israel],” notes one senior administration official. And in that environment, America’s “standing back” is actually “doing something.”...

...Senior administration officials believe the Israeli leader has no interest in the wrenching compromises necessary to birth a viable Palestinian state. Instead, they believe, he wants the façade of a peace process because it insulates him from international pressure. By refusing to make that charade possible, Obama officials believe, they are forcing Netanyahu to own his rejectionism, and letting an angry world take it from there....

Read: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/12/09/why-obama-will-ignore-israel.html

So Then it appears that now the world is pushing back too. And their message is loud and clear: Israel must stop acting like a rogue state or it will soon find itself very alone.

• Like 1

I'm so glad Israel has decided to take a hard line...its no surprise really, they are stuck in there own propaganda, decades of manipulating the situation and Israeli Jews into needing this type of hard line policy using any incident to squeeze tighter, in this pursuit of a 'promised land' people are starting to see it for what it is, and if Obama has decided to stand clear about bloody time, If the Israelis want to continue to break international law and not just break it but blatantly in defiance then surely the rest of the world has to realise the significance of that.

• Like 1

Interesting article from Newsweek, apparently a surprising shift in American foreign policy in regards to Israel:

Why Obama Will Ignore Israel

Dec 10, 2012 12:00 AM EST

The administration’s new Mideast strategy: benign neglect.

...So instead of confronting Netanyahu directly, Team Obama has hit upon a different strategy: stand back and let the rest of the world do the confronting. Once America stops trying to save Israel from the consequences of its actions, the logic goes, and once Israel feels the full brunt of its mounting international isolation, its leaders will be scared into changing course. “The tide of global opinion is moving [against Israel],” notes one senior administration official. And in that environment, America’s “standing back” is actually “doing something.”...

...Senior administration officials believe the Israeli leader has no interest in the wrenching compromises necessary to birth a viable Palestinian state. Instead, they believe, he wants the façade of a peace process because it insulates him from international pressure. By refusing to make that charade possible, Obama officials believe, they are forcing Netanyahu to own his rejectionism, and letting an angry world take it from there....

Read: http://www.thedailyb...ore-israel.html

So Then it appears that now the world is pushing back too. And their message is loud and clear: Israel must stop acting like a rogue state or it will soon find itself very alone.

Let them push. If it leads to a better situation then so be it. But I doubt it will do more than exacerbate the situation - depending on just how far they push.

I'm so glad Israel has decided to take a hard line...its no surprise really, they are stuck in there own propaganda, decades of manipulating the situation and Israeli Jews into needing this type of hard line policy using any incident to squeeze tighter, in this pursuit of a 'promised land' people are starting to see it for what it is, and if Obama has decided to stand clear about bloody time, If the Israelis want to continue to break international law and not just break it but blatantly in defiance then surely the rest of the world has to realise the significance of that.

The rest of the world will do what they will in time. BTW, the bible speaks of a time when all the world will come against Israel. It is referred to as the "last days". Written by the OT prophets a couple thousand years ago. Coincidence I'm sure :)

Then it appears pretty stupid to carry on the path if its going to end up as what is referred to as the "last days" doesnt that mean that the world won't back down...if what they are doing is against international law then I think it will be justified even if it means the end of everything. But like I said I really dont care for what's wrote in the bible, If everything is predetermined then it is what it is

Edited by Codeblind

please don't reply to me using the bible or such nonsense....show some respect to someone who doesn't believe in God

Friend you need to get over yourself a bit. It's boring.

Friend you need to get over yourself a bit. It's boring.

I don't think your in any position to give that kind of advice lol...I think I'm going to pass on it...but thanks anyway friend.

Netanyahu's Rage to Judaize Palestine

by Stephen Lendman

He's defiant. He deplores democratic values. He's a serial lawbreaker.

International law is clear and unambiguous. Israeli settlements are illegal. Fourth Geneva's Article 49 states:

"Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory to the territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not, are prohibited, regardless of their motive."...

Haaretz weighed in. Its December 19 editorial headlined "Building out of spite," saying:

"The madness of construction in the territories is blinding the government (to) the loss of our country's" dwindling number of friends."...

http://sjlendman.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

If making friends proves impossible while wiping Palestine off the map, they'll have to hurry up and wipe! So they can get back to the business of making friends again!

If making friends proves impossible while wiping Palestine off the map, they'll have to hurry up and wipe! So they can get back to the business of making friends again!

Making friends isn't likely, regardless what they do. I believe they take advantage of every opportunity that the Palestinians give them. If RIGHT NOW in the midst of this bluster about new construction (not a hammer has swung yet) the Palestinians agreed to sit down and talk about EVERYTHING and have it mediated by an international committee of some sort then they could probably do more to stop construction that they ever will by their current tack. But the truth is that any Palestinian leader who agrees to ANY concessions that do not include right of return is just signing his own death warrant. The Palestinians have ridden the dragon so far and so long that if they try to get off his back now he'll turn and consume them.