Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Getting a New Bike

Miss Shadows

At the moment I have an old yellow Honda that was great for the time when I bought it, but it's been a couple of years and I'm thinking of either trading it in or selling it all together. In getting a new one, I'm looking for something fuel-efficient and reliable as far as bikes go, and something that can get the speed with the lower cc, because I'm a kind of small woman. Any suggestions? I don't know if there are any other motorcycle buffs around UM but if anyone has any ideas please throw 'em out here, thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Shadows

• Neognosis

• Eldorado

• Ealdwita

Top Posters In This Topic

What size of bike?

Well like I said I'm not a very big person, about 5'2 (157 cm) and 45 or 46 kg only, but I do have the experience riding so I'd say I don't want anything bigger than about 750-800cc.

There are only 2 kinds of bike - Harleys and the rest!

I ride a harley davidson Iron 883. It is, obviously, 883 cylinders. It is fast enough to outrun any traffic that does not see you. It is light enough for a woman to handle, though it is most likely heavier than what you are used to. I get 50mpg.

I have had this bike since it was new in 2009, and have put nearly 35,000 trouble free miles on it. I highly recommend this bike.

However, if you aren't into that kind of bike and want a sportbike, I would consider a Honda CBR 250R. I have never ridden one, but they get rave reviews and are very good on gas.

If I were going to get a second bike (a third actually, I also have a 1980 Honda CB 750, but it is in pieces currently..) I would probably look at one of BMW's touring bikes.

I am an avid rider, and I would love to talk bikes with you. what kind of bike are you interested in, and what price range? New, or Used?