Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NDE Analysis of Atheists

markdohle

There's no way you can know this.

Of course there is no way to know this unless one can talk to the dead :whistle:. But the smart guy that you are, are you going to really sit there and tell me that it's not probable that those that die do not experience the same range of phenomenon that those that are marginal but don't.

Of course there is no way to know this unless one can talk to the dead :whistle:. But the smart guy that you are, are you going to really sit there and tell me that it's not probable that those that die do not experience the same range of phenomenon that those that are marginal but don't.

It's possible ('probable' may be a bit of a stretch). But as such, it's a hypothesis. And an untestable one at that. As I wrote, it's also possible that only survivors have NDEs - which is also an untestable hypothesis.

So, the discussion is speculative. Interesting, but not likely to lead us any nearer the truth. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I see NDEs as a natural phenomenon, because I feel that to be the most parsimonious explanation.

But, the smart guy that I am, I'll defer absolute judgment until it's my turn.

It's possible ('probable' may be a bit of a stretch). But as such, it's a hypothesis. And an untestable one at that. As I wrote, it's also possible that only survivors have NDEs - which is also an untestable hypothesis.

So, the discussion is speculative. Interesting, but not likely to lead us any nearer the truth. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I see NDEs as a natural phenomenon, because I feel that to be the most parsimonious explanation.

But, the smart guy that I am, I'll defer absolute judgment until it's my turn.

Hehehe and that you shall have my friend along with taxes.

But I don't think it's even a stretch. It's quite obvious those that did die probably passed through many of the same stages that those that almost died. No reason what so ever to think that at least a similar percentage of those Did not have similar experiences. But you are right, it's untestable.... at least ethically untestable. I'm sure the Nazies could have come up with something.

Edited by Seeker79

I'd love an NDE, Well, the one were a lot of people see themselves going through the universe and out to the multi-verse, maybe I could get onto another planet...

I also don't see how people could forget a NDE, they're supposed to be these amazing, life altering and very real experiences fill with mad and wonderful imagery but some don't remember having them? That's adds to my skepticism of them being anything other than natural phenomena. Ever notice as well how a good number of people who visit Heaven/Hell etc. write books about it, making a nice price in the process, that's almost as annoying as shops that sell bibles, Quar'an's etc...sells them. "The word of God can be yours for £9.99" What I'm saying is, if these experiences are genuine and over whelming, why out a ******* price tag on them?

One idea though that convinces me of NDE's is that, considering we all comes from Stars in the universe, all of the key ingredients that build us up, Hydrogen, Carbon etc come from stars. The stars come from within the universe and so in essence, we're part of the universe. One of the theories about NDE's is that our consciousness and what makes us, being part of the universe, is released when we die and returns to the universe. There's more to this theory and it's pretty interesting.

Kinda' cool as well, I was reading Hindu NDE's and they seem to follow a certain pattern - being led by two or three guys in cloaks, brought it a gate and told "I asked you to bring me 'Name' not this person. They are then returned back to their bodies and that's it, whereas Westerners seem to get the bad ass universe thing, well some of 'em anyway. Some people even claim to be given healing abilities and psychic abilities... what is this a Marvel Comic FFS?

I might just pull a Dr House someday, A.K.A, stick a knife into a plug socket when beside someone so when I'm out, I'll see what the deal is. I'll let you all know if I get back.

Edited by Sean93

I'd love an NDE, Well, the one were a lot of people see themselves going through the universe and out to the multi-verse, maybe I could get onto another planet...

I also don't see how people could forget a NDE, they're supposed to be these amazing, life altering and very real experiences fill with mad and wonderful imagery but some don't remember having them? That's adds to my skepticism of them being anything other than natural phenomena. Ever notice as well how a good number of people who visit Heaven/Hell etc. write books about it, making a nice price in the process, that's almost as annoying as shops that sell bibles, Quar'an's etc...sells them. "The word of God can be yours for £9.99" What I'm saying is, if these experiences are genuine and over whelming, why out a ******* price tag on them?

One idea though that convinces me of NDE's is that, considering we all comes from Stars in the universe, all of the key ingredients that build us up, Hydrogen, Carbon etc come from stars. The stars come from within the universe and so in essence, we're part of the universe. One of the theories about NDE's is that our consciousness and what makes us, being part of the universe, is released when we die and returns to the universe. There's more to this theory and it's pretty interesting.

Kinda' cool as well, I was reading Hindu NDE's and they seem to follow a certain pattern - being led by two or three guys in cloaks, brought it a gate and told "I asked you to bring me 'Name' not this person. They are then returned back to their bodies and that's it, whereas Westerners seem to get the bad ass universe thing, well some of 'em anyway. Some people even claim to be given healing abilities and psychic abilities... what is this a Marvel Comic FFS?

I might just pull a Dr House someday, A.K.A, stick a knife into a plug socket when beside someone so when I'm out, I'll see what the deal is. I'll let you all know if I get back.

There is nothing wrong with writing books. A well marketed book is a wonderful way to spread a message. In order to get it out to the most people, people must be paid, you would be surprised at how little of that 9.99 the auther actually gets.

Hydrogen does not come from stars, but yes there are a vast mysteries that abound. Plenty of room for ultimate conciousness.

Or the majority who don't experience NDEs, you nor the OP want to hear about them.

Maybe the majority weren't near enough So science is wrong again its actualy NeDE :P

Maybe the majority weren't near enough So science is wrong again its actualy NeDE :P

Can you try to make sense next time?

This is as far as i can get close to your comprehension :P

I'm afraid it takes a bit more thinking than that.