Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moving Lights in the Night Sky

TheCrow

I've never seen anything remotely strange in my life, except some people around town tongue.gif but I have started to see some stuff in these past couple of weeks.

Saturday 25th September.

I was walking my uncles dog, as he had gone on holiday (unable to take her with him) during the evening at about 7:30 to 8pm. I was walking through a field and glanced up into the sky. It was clear over head and I noticed how many stars there were. Well, the first thing I noticed was The Big Dipper, which I just want to say is way too coincidental... I mean, other constellations, like Orion, are just blobs of stars that vaugley make shapes but the Big Dipper is just so blatant.

Anyway, I glanced across from the Big Dipper and saw something moving. I looked back and saw a light moving across the sky, in the direction of the Dipper. It was a fixed yellowish light with no flashing bits that looked as though it was star level. I'm not good at estimating distance or anything so I can't be any more clearer or detailed than that really. It was going quite fast... faster than a normal plane looks. Then it dissapeared behind some clouds and as it got farther away I lost it.

It could very well just have been a plane but like I said, it looked as though it was star level, definately a lot higher than most planes travel and it also seemed to be going faster. It also wasn't flashing which, correct me if I'm wrong, most planes do do when travelling at night... First thought was, could it be a shooting star? But shooting stars travel in arcs across earth atmosphere don't they? and this light travelled in a straight line.

Saturday 2nd October.

I think this was the night of the 'Harvest Moon' as the moon rised a lot closer and lower to the Earth. I've never seen it so low in the sky and it looked bigger (closer) than normal. It also had a red/pinkish tinge to it.

Anyway... I was in my room and I looked out of the window when I noticed the moon. I looked to my right past a clump of cloud into a patch of clear sky and straight away I noticed a brighter than normal star. This was more of a yellow than the normal white colour of a star and was a lot brighter. Well, other than the brightness I didn't think there was anything special about it and turned away from the window to continue playing on my GameCube.

5-10 minutes later I went back to my window and looked in the same patch of sky and this light was gone. There was no cloud for it to be hidden behind... it was just gone. In all fairness, I never went back 15 minutes later to check again although I don't know where it would have dissapeared to for 15 minutes if I had gone back to look and it was there... a bathroom break maybe?

Monday 4th October.

Again I was out walking my uncles dog through a different field but in the same area. The Dig Dipper was still overhead but farther across in the sky. It was another pretty clear sky and was a similar time to the first one.

Now I had been walking the dog for the best part of 2 weeks before that first Saturday when I saw the first light and it was, for the most part, just as clear but I didn't really notice anything. I feel I must also say that I don't normally go out at night like that, and when I do, I don't look up at the sky so I don't know what the average for airplanes travelling at night in my area is....

I must have seen atleast 20 different moving lights this night... The first was while I was walking up a street (to get to the fielded area) and I looked to my left and into the sky over the houses. I saw two moving lights. The first was a staitionary fixed yellowish light. The second was a moving flashing light further on in the sky. As my eyes returned to the fixed light, I noticed that it was now moving and moving quite fast. I looked back between the two lights but I was also walking in front of some trees and I lost the first light... shortly after I lost the second light too.

I probably should have posted this yesterday but I was tired from work and now I can't remember enough to give a seperate account for each light but most of the lights I saw were flashing lights - some had fixed yellowish lights with flashing red lights on one end and some had fixed red lights with a flashing whitish light on one end - travelling quite fast, again faster than normal planes seem to but this time they were all more on normal 'flight levels', in fact, maybe even lower than planes normally travel over my area, especially in the distance some of these were going.

Two more accounts and then that's all I can remember without running the risk of getting mixed up.

Still on Monday evening, while walking through one of the top fields I saw a moving light coming across the sky in a direction coming towards me. It looked fairly low in the sky, perhaps the size of a 5p coin held at arms length. It had one fixed red light and one fixed yellowish light. Like most of the others, it was moving pretty fast. It had crossed the sky and gone from view in about 30 seconds.

Still in the same field, about 2 minutes on from the previous light. I looked up into a patch of sky that was more or less clear except for one bit of cloud. I saw two stars to the right of this cloud. As I carried on walking it looked as though one of them were moving so I stopped. It was indeed moving. I moved behind the cloud in a straight line and as it came out on the other side it turned and moved towards me (so it went like this: -¬ in the sky but on a horizontal line) and then it stopped and didn't movie again so I carried on walking.

Most of these lights are probably easily explainable as planes but like I said, this is the first time that I've really seen something 'strange' and I just felt like writing it down.

P.S. quick question... Is it just me or when you look at stars, do they sometimes glow and have like an outline/ball around them?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shroom

• behaviour???

• distortion

• Chillbilly

I think most of your Encounters would proabably be Dismissed as Venus (Everyone has made the same mistake) and probably Low orbit Satelittes reflecting sun rays.

The Flashing light is Diffrent I cant really explain that one, maybe some else on the forum could thumbsup.gif

Dont worry about Juding Distance's as we're talking miles into the Sky, And yes i know what you mean i see that in stars too original.gif

• 3 months later...

Many people have reported these kind of sightings and most scientists say that it is elctricity running through the sky at a slow speed like lightening but without the thunder and it is much smaller

• 1 year later...

hey, ive seen a very similar sight on more then one occasion. Ive seen what look like moving stars which at first glance you might think its a plane.. but it moves way too fast to be a plane. And it looks as if it is up in the stars. I saw maybe 10-20 when i was outside the other night just staring at the sky.. and this is just in a small area... very weird

Just a thought... but something that looks like moving stars could actually be... moving stars ;) Or shooting stars or meteorites if you prefer. They are at star height and move really fast and just "blip" disappear.

When you see a shooting star, you're supposed to make a wish, so make sure you're doing that. :tu:

just 3 days ago i went outside for a smoke...i look up at the sky to see the stars...then out of nowhere...this light went across the sky then faded so fast...i was like thats not a plane..but then it could of been just a rock from space burning through our atmosphere...but it was pretty koolz though :)

• 2 months later...

hey, ive seen a very similar sight on more then one occasion. Ive seen what look like moving stars which at first glance you might think its a plane.. but it moves way too fast to be a plane. And it looks as if it is up in the stars. I saw maybe 10-20 when i was outside the other night just staring at the sky.. and this is just in a small area... very weird

recently i have noticed weird star formations....but just ...not stars....some were purple , some were blue,some green,some yellow,some red,and 3 of the "stars" flashed multiple colors....it went purple light blue green red darkblue. and then on top of it...i have a spitting problem...and every single blob of spit was near the postition of the stars........not just near....like....maybe....millemeters off.....but multi colored stars man.....what the **** is that...am i like skitzo or am i really seing this sh**....and then about 30 minutes later i saw this "aircraft" that was yellow...it flew about 25 feet over my storage complex...it was noiseless....and im sure nobody else around me saw it...it was at 3 47 in the morning...most people are asleep.......well...gotta go watch the sky....the "alians" are watching/observing us....so...i will do the same to them

• 2 years later...

Recently i have been seeing some strange sights kinda like the blinking lights, only these were moving in different patterns blinking but moving randomly through space...and not just one many of them.

What do you make of this???

Satelite Moves...Venus and all those things combined

Thanks

B???

• 2 months later...

Last night I was outside and i saw a small star like blueish white light high in the sky that appeared to be slowly moving away from me at an angle and blinking slowly and randomly, on for 1-2 sec, off for 5-9 secs. I saw it for several minutes.

It was clear night, no cloud interference. I live in the bush and can see planes reach their cruising altitude from my place, which i did during the encounter, the light I saw was both the wrong colour, with random blink times, noiseless and too small for a plane/helicopter. I was also lucky enough to see a shooting star during the encounter, which gave me some sort of distance perspective and i would say that this light was outside of our atmosphere. The distant 'ball lightning' theory would have been my guess if I hadn't been able to see a plane and a meteor in the same viewing, placing the object in space where lightning doesnt occur. Satellites that i have seen don't blink and move across the sky, not away from the planet. Planetary bodies and stars again don't blink or move the way this light did.

All i can say is this was an UFO, unidentified flying object. If anyone can shed any light on the matter please do and thanks.

it seems like your describing satalites. and since these 3 times it didn't occur to you to take a camera? lol

lmao this is such an old post sorry i replied

Edited by lookingfortruth

This may be an old thread but going back to ancient times in America, way before white men. The Native Americans called the non blinking white balls of light, Fast Walkers. Have a Google for that term. The little white spheres of light that flies way faster than satellites or the International Space Station, but not as high as they appear to be ranging with the stars.

One fell to the ground and was recovered in Decatur, Alabama. That story was investigated by Linda Moulton Howe.

http://www.earthfiles.com

Dude you are seeing satellites and the really fast ones are comets

• 7 months later...

Hello there, to begin with, is that my english spelling is not best.

But i must just ask, This night, when i was going out for a smoke, i saw 2 lights moving in the sky, and it had the same distance from eachother, it's was moving for like 2 minutes and then it was fading away until i didn't saw it later.

Could anyone have idea what this could be?

/ Daniel from Sweden.

Hello there, to begin with, is that my english spelling is not best.

But i must just ask, This night, when i was going out for a smoke, i saw 2 lights moving in the sky, and it had the same distance from eachother, it's was moving for like 2 minutes and then it was fading away until i didn't saw it later.

Could anyone have idea what this could be?

/ Daniel from Sweden.

Intersecting satelites maybe?