Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should NK be Allowed to Test Missiles?

and-then

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-03/japan-threatens-to-shoot-down-north-korean-rocket/4403910

Any system that can put a satellite in orbit can also carry a warhead on an intercontinental trip. Considering their warlike rhtoric, should they be allowed to test such weapons? Shoot down in the boost phase is simple. Should we call their bluff or would they go to war?

yes the should, anyone should.

Why?

Well why does everyone else do it?

To perfect missile technology so their weapons will be as accurate as possible.
  • Like 1

Iran has lied to the US, the UN, and all of the world regarding their missle/nuclear intentions, in my opinion.

Time and time again they've invited inspectors then quickly kicked them out.

Apparently, radical Islamic ideology is quite OK, and somewhat demanding, with lying to "infidels"

Iran's leaders are most definitely radical.

So, I do not trust them at all, especially with regards to missle development and uranium/plutonium enrichment.

Iran has lied to the US, the UN, and all of the world regarding their missle/nuclear intentions, in my opinion.

Time and time again they've invited inspectors then quickly kicked them out.

Apparently, radical Islamic ideology is quite OK, and somewhat demanding, with lying to "infidels"

Iran's leaders are most definitely radical.

So, I do not trust them at all, especially with regards to missle development and uranium/plutonium enrichment.

Right song, wrong page, Pallidin :) This thread is about whether or not the world should take steps to stop North Korea from perfecting their long range missile tech. We have one vote for yes - just because it's the only "fair" thing to do I guess. My opinion is that if you have a proven dangerous troublemaker in the neighborhood you don't do everything he wants to make it easy for him to make even more trouble. Interfering with his data collection on these launches would really help in that situation. I wonder if telemetry could be blocked electronically so that the West could see the test result but the NK's could not? A shoot down wouldn't even be necessary then.

North Korea will not stop testing Nuclear Weapons, regardless of what the rest of the world says, and I suggest that shooting them down is not an option,as that could quickly escalate into full blown war, with everyone the loser. They do not fear anyone as this has been proved by them shooting down aircraft flying into their airspace without their permission.No doubt they are being closely watched and evaluated minute by minute by Western Powers , Japan and even China.They know that they will cease to exist if they start anything foolhardy.But like a few other Manic Countries they like boasting and Sabre Rattling,it does their ego good without "loss of face".

• Like 1

North Korea will not stop testing Nuclear Weapons, regardless of what the rest of the world says, and I suggest that shooting them down is not an option,as that could quickly escalate into full blown war, with everyone the loser. They do not fear anyone as this has been proved by them shooting down aircraft flying into their airspace without their permission.No doubt they are being closely watched and evaluated minute by minute by Western Powers , Japan and even China.They know that they will cease to exist if they start anything foolhardy.But like a few other Manic Countries they like boasting and Sabre Rattling,it does their ego good without "loss of face".

I see your point but if they could be slowed on their race to perfect their ballistic missile tech it would benefit the world. After all, they sell the finished products to the highest bidders and Iran benefits greatly from their R&D. Keeping them from knowing how well their tests work would be a great benefit if it could be done without firing a shot, especially. I just wonder if the signals intel could be scrambled so they can't read it?

They have as much 'right' as any other country.

I see your point but if they could be slowed on their race to perfect their ballistic missile tech it would benefit the world. After all, they sell the finished products to the highest bidders and Iran benefits greatly from their R&D. Keeping them from knowing how well their tests work would be a great benefit if it could be done without firing a shot, especially. I just wonder if the signals intel could be scrambled so they can't read it?

We are quite a few years ahead of them in high technology, and unless some traitor gives them our secrets,it will remain that way, so whats the problem ?

We are quite a few years ahead of them in high technology, and unless some traitor gives them our secrets,it will remain that way, so whats the problem ?

There isn't a dire need today. But technology advances in great leaps and while they may be backward they are certainly not idiots. Sometimes a small problem can be dealt with in a subtle way that costs much less than waiting for it to become a very large problem. Once they have the ability to somewhat accurately deliver a payload to the West Coast of the US or much of Europe, their saber rattling and attempts at extortion become much more a problem. These are the same leaders who sank a SK sub with 40 or so dead. And out of the blue sent an arty barrage at a disputed island, killing a few. Unstable and provocative. No reason to think they would be any more stable once they can target farther afield.

There isn't a dire need today. But technology advances in great leaps and while they may be backward they are certainly not idiots. Sometimes a small problem can be dealt with in a subtle way that costs much less than waiting for it to become a very large problem. Once they have the ability to somewhat accurately deliver a payload to the West Coast of the US or much of Europe, their saber rattling and attempts at extortion become much more a problem. These are the same leaders who sank a SK sub with 40 or so dead. And out of the blue sent an arty barrage at a disputed island, killing a few. Unstable and provocative. No reason to think they would be any more stable once they can target farther afield.

Ok friend but would you buy a car made in North Korea ?

Right song, wrong page, Pallidin :) This thread is about whether or not the world should take steps to stop North Korea from perfecting their long range missile tech. We have one vote for yes - just because it's the only "fair" thing to do I guess. My opinion is that if you have a proven dangerous troublemaker in the neighborhood you don't do everything he wants to make it easy for him to make even more trouble. Interfering with his data collection on these launches would really help in that situation. I wonder if telemetry could be blocked electronically so that the West could see the test result but the NK's could not? A shoot down wouldn't even be necessary then.

Oh yeah, my bad.

They have a right to do whatever they want. However, that doesn't mean they should.

It's a real quandary we face in this new century. The technology is out there, it's available to any country with the money and infrastructure to use and the only way to stop a potential war with nukes is to preemptively go to war to stop them. Obviously THAT isn't a sustainable track. So weapons and delivery systems proliferate and eventually the lowest common denominator will be able to decide when and where in the world to begin a nuclear war. In the lead up to the 1967 war the Russians and US were talking about how to avoid the powers being drawn precipitously into a war in the M.E. I hope something similar is happening these days for a more general threat that could materialize over night. If nukes get used anywhere I hope it can be contained.