Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Nosey Game

Miss Shadows

Pasta and Shrimp...tonight.

What is the kindest act that a stranger did for you?

Fall in love with me. didn`t work out. Sad to say I fell in love with her to. Didn`t pan out as I am finding out as I post this.

Whoa. Silver Thong, you got to ask a question. I'll restart.

Q: "What is the kindest act a stranger did for you."

A: I lost my wallet when I was about 20, it was returned after a nice old lady tracked me down. There was $700 still in it (rent money). Bless her heart. :)

Q: What's the most out of character thing that you've ever done or tried?

Whoa. Silver Thong, you got to ask a question. I'll restart.

Q: "What is the kindest act a stranger did for you."

A: I lost my wallet when I was about 20, it was returned after a nice old lady tracked me down. There was $700 still in it (rent money). Bless her heart. :)

Q: What's the most out of character thing that you've ever done or tried?

Probably the time I broke a man. This isn't like me and never has been, except now I have the foresight and maturity to realize the impact I can have on others. Anyway, I won't get into details, but I got involved with someone, then I uninvolved myself and 3 months later he was an alcoholic and burned through a couple relationships after ours before he went through rehab and pulled himself back together.

Did you ever bully or pick on anyone in school?

No, but I stood up against bullies and kicked their @ss when they bullied a few other kids.

Do you have any kind of OCD-lite routine that you do in your everyday life?

• Like 1

Wow that's a good one. LOL. I can't stop rubbing the back of my head. I have an invisible itch there. And I can't be alone. I have to have someone in the house with me at all times. Or I will panic.

What do you want to get for Christmas?

A visit from my son.

What's your favourite Fancy Dress/dressing-up costume? (Something you'd wear a lot ...... if you were brave enough!)

Toss up between Canada and Australia, I honestly don't know why. Suppose the weather extremes intrigue me. Also it helps that English is their de facto language and I speak none but that language. :3

Would you rather be slightly more uncomfortable because of the heat or the cold?

Edited by Hasina

Cold definitely. One can regulate the cold with clothes, heat is just like a wet blanket that strangles you.

Do you actually act out on any superstitions you might have?

Meaning, throw salt over left shoulder, change sidewalk to avoid going under a ladder, or any of the following absurd black cat countermeasures:

Spit when a black cat runs in front of you and you will not have bad luck.

If a black cat crosses your path, pick it up and throw it over your left shoulder to keep from having bad luck. :w00t:

Take off your hat and spit into it to avoid bad luck, if a black cat runs in front of you.

The usual method of averting bad luck, when a black cat crosses one's path in the city, is to make a detour by walking around the block.

To avert bad luck, whirl around three times and spit on the ground while making each turn, when black cat has crossed your path.

To avoid bad luck, when a black cat has run in front of you, take ten steps backwards and turn around on your heel.

When a black cat passes in front of you, make a cross on the ground, walk backwards three steps, whirl around on your heel, then continue your journey and you will not have bad luck.

When a black cat runs straight ahead of you, while your are walking down a road, and veers to the left, it is the sign of bad luck.

Any kind of cat that cross your path will cause bad luck, but you can avert this by walking backwards all the way to your destination without speaking.

If a black cat crosses your path, spit and rub your foot through it; then walk backwards five steps, and bad luck will not come to you.

EllJay, old son, you need to get a grip ........ seriously! :blink: Since when have black cats been unlucky? A black cat crossing your path brings good luck. And no, I don't do any superstition counter-measures.

Do you talk to yourself, out loud, on a regular basis?

• Like 1

Yes. Call me mad if you want, but you want the truth, right?

Do you enjoy cooking? (Note I didn't ask if you're any good at it... :innocent: )

• Like 1

EllJay, old son, you need to get a grip ........ seriously! :blink: Since when have black cats been unlucky? A black cat crossing your path brings good luck. And no, I don't do any superstition counter-measures.

Do you talk to yourself, out loud, on a regular basis?

What?

Are you British, Scottish, Irish or Japanese by any chance?

Because those are the few in the whole western world who thinks black cats bring good luck.

And no, I dont take superstitious countermeasures, I dont believe in it, and no, I dont talk to myself either, and yes, I love cats.

The folklore surrounding black cats varies from culture to culture. In Great Britain and in Ireland, black cats are a symbol of good luck. The Scottish believe that a strange black cat's arrival to the home signifies prosperity.

However in Western history, black cats have often been looked upon as a symbol of evil omens, specifically being suspected of being the familiars of witches, and so most of western and southern Europe considers the black cat as a symbol of bad luck, especially if one crosses paths with a person, which is believed to be an omen of misfortune and death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_cat#Superstition.2C_prejudice.2C_bringer_of_good_or_bad_luck

http://www.todayifou...dered-bad-luck/

What?

Are you British, Scottish, Irish or Japanese by any chance?

Because those are the few in the whole western world who thinks black cats bring good luck.

And no, I dont take superstitious countermeasures, I dont believe in it, and no, I dont talk to myself either, and yes, I love cats.

Interesting...yesterday, for the first time in a long, long, time a black cat ran out in front of my car...I almost hit it. I said outloud, Oh wow, what incredibly good luck...a black cat crossed my path!

...not that I am particularly fond of cats...unless I happen to be fishing and there isn't a bait store close by...

When was the last time, if ever, that you engaged in a meaningful conversation with a distraught homeless person?

Interesting...yesterday, for the first time in a long, long, time a black cat ran out in front of my car...I almost hit it. I said outloud, Oh wow, what incredibly good luck...a black cat crossed my path!

...not that I am particularly fond of cats...unless I happen to be fishing and there isn't a bait store close by...

When was the last time, if ever, that you engaged in a meaningful conversation with a distraught homeless person?

Earlier today. I don't know if he was distraught, but we had muffins and a really good conversation on a bench.

Last time you nearly peed your pants laughing?

• Like 1

Earlier today. I don't know if he was distraught, but we had muffins and a really good conversation on a bench.

Last time you nearly peed your pants laughing?

You are high up on the list of people I admire and respect. :tu:

I wish I could remember...I truly do...

Do you ever engage yourself in conversation ...with yourself...to the point you drive miles past your destination?

........ and right over the cliff edge? Yes.

Do you believe that thongs and mankinis should be illegal?

You are high up on the list of people I admire and respect. :tu:

I wish I could remember...I truly do...

Do you ever engage yourself in conversation ...with yourself...to the point you drive miles past your destination?

Thanks Joc :) I'm really doing myself a favor, it's good to remind ourselves we're all humans and deserve to be treated as such.

• Like 1

........ and right over the cliff edge? Yes.

Do you believe that thongs and mankinis should be illegal?

No, I think I should follow the impulse I get to stab my eyes out when I see some man's tool halfway out of the box. Yes, they should be illegalized, or at the very least their wearers should be tarred and feathered.

What was the last time you embarrassed yourself in front of your spouse or girl/boyfriend (current or most recent)?

When I was wearing a thong>>>

Thongonlyforwomen-1_zpsb1d928e9.jpg

How many times a day do you lie, on an average........dont lie now. :w00t:

Zero...and that's the Truth...

Where were you when you realized the most important realization of your life and what was it?

Zero...and that's the Truth...

Where were you when you realized the most important realization of your life and what was it?

For me it was like a labyrinth of realizations that wove a very complicated time in my life. I was 13 and things had gotten so bad at home, I moved out and started working, both illegal because I was technically a minor under no guardian supervision or care, and state law dictated you couldn't even apply for limited, part time work before age 14. I rented an apartment with someone I loosely knew and paid my half of the rent doing any job I could get. Rising suspicions about my age meant I had a hard time keeping one job for long, and I also was in school so that meant it was usually 7-2 school and 3-9 one job 11 to 5 second job just depending on how schedules lined up. It was hard, I was constantly exhausted, and there were a lot of times where I was scared cold hungry or any combination. I dont know if my 'moment' was one place or another, but I realized what I was doing was illegal, but that more so I couldn't safely go home to the kind of parents I had. I realized that I didn't want to go into foster care because the system can be very hit and miss, so ultimately I was choosing to go through what I was going through and I'd just have to look at it as an investment in myself.

What's the hardest thing you've ever had to tell someone?

Wow! That is quite the story you have there! My goodness! You should write an autobiography. Seriously...:)

The hardest thing I ever had to tell someone....hmmm....

I had to tell a girl who was madly in love with me that I was in love with someone else...that was very hard.

....and then there was the old man who put a sprinkler system in himself and hired me to install the controller. He had 50 spray heads, front yard, back yard, both side yards all installed and all the ditches covered up, and all 50 spray heads attached to one electric valve coming off of his water faucet. He was so proud that he had done all that himself. I had to tell him that it was never going to work because there simply wasn't enough water from the faucet to pop-up all those heads at the same time and water his yard.

I have no question to answer...sob, sniff. :passifier::-* Ah well, never mind.

Have you ever been to sea on a proper ship? (Not a boat, yacht etc. - the real deal.)