Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

creating ghost from nothing ?

mythu-chan

Wow they made a construct. I do believe that this can be done on purpose and on accident. Maybe that's why the saying "one should not dwell on things".

I hate how the comments are disabled. I always like scrolling down to see what people have to say

I actually watched the whole thing, and i have to to say wow. Its a little hard to take in. But it makes sense in a way to. To bad there isn't a legitimate class at a college where you could take this as a course. You Pass if you start to see results.

Sounds similar to tulpas. Also, I believe residual hauntings and poltergeists have interaction with the mind and energy and emotions maybe. It's all fascinating!

Oh wait, I know about this.

Is this where the group makes up a ghost and then tries to contact him?

Okay, my post vanished.

http://www.time-loop...ment_Philip.htm

I remember this from when I was younger. I was only 1 when it took place but I read about it about 10 years later.

edited to say my post reappeared. freaky.

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 2

Interesting story. thanks for the links

It's a tulpa if its created,not a ghost .The psychobabble its in our minds ,does not apply .

• Like 1

Okay, my post vanished.

http://www.time-loop...ment_Philip.htm

I remember this from when I was younger. I was only 1 when it took place but I read about it about 10 years later.

edited to say my post reappeared. freaky.

I found that link to. Do you know of any other sources about this experiment on the web?

I found that link to. Do you know of any other sources about this experiment on the web?

Yeah, here's the google results page:

http://www.google.com/search?q=the+philip+experiment&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

i'll have to check out your link coldethyl.

i found nothing further about it except the usual sites picking up the topic and running with it, or debunker sites etc.

i'm interested in finding out if there is record of the other experiments that were being conducted (by other groups) at the time.

i'll have to check out your link coldethyl.

i found nothing further about it except the usual sites picking up the topic and running with it, or debunker sites etc.

i'm interested in finding out if there is record of the other experiments that were being conducted (by other groups) at the time.

You may find more since it was a Canadian experiment. Might go down to the library, or see if there are any books on amazon?

You may find more since it was a Canadian experiment. Might go down to the library, or see if there are any books on amazon?

that would require me to get off my 'good intentions' and take a bus downtown lol

i'm not looking for a book on it so much as the actual documentation of those other experiements they mentioned on the video.

i realize the video was a re-enactment but it still seemed like way too much activity (if it were genuine) for them to abandon the experiment after it being a 'success' at that stage.

Uh, really that's where I was getting my links.

I'm not going to go thru each one and post them one at a time.

They're there, click them and don't be rude.

Sheesh, gratitude.

• Like 1

Uh, really that's where I was getting my links.

I'm not going to go thru each one and post them one at a time.

They're there, click them and don't be rude.

Sheesh, gratitude.

i'm trying to figure out how that was trolling.

• Like 1

It's probably the latter...thousands of photographic evidence and eyewitnesses can't all by lies. I'm not saying that all of them are genuine proof of ghosts but I believe that yes, there are spirit out there. Otherworldly beings that contact us for whatever reason, whether's it's a deceased spirit from beyond the threshold of death, or other.

In this day and age, no one trusts photographic "evidence". So yes, they can all be lies.

In the book The Ghost that Haunted Itself the author talks about an experiment similar to this. It may be the same one; I don't know. It's been a while since I've read the book, though I could go back and find it.

In this day and age, no one trusts photographic "evidence". So yes, they can all be lies.

In the book The Ghost that Haunted Itself the author talks about an experiment similar to this. It may be the same one; I don't know. It's been a while since I've read the book, though I could go back and find it.

that's an interesting title - i'd pick that book up just because of it lol

now i'm going to have to hunt for it i see

JGirl, it's actually the story of the guy who started the only ghost tour company in Edinburgh that is allowed to take tourists into Covenanter's Prison in Greyfriar's Kirkyard. The study he included was just sort of an extra bit. It should be available on Amazon. I'm pretty sure that's where I got it.

Edited by Lady Kasey

JGirl, it's actually the story of the guy who started the only ghost tour company in Edinburgh that is allowed to take tourists into Covenanter's Prison in Greyfriar's Kirkyard. The study he included was just sort of an extra bit. It should be available on Amazon. I'm pretty sure that's where I got it.

i'll look there, but i was hoping to find it on one of my book hunts. i have a few shops that i haunt to keep my collection going and you never know what books i will find!

What if another spirit decided to act as though he was Philip? That's a possible answer too?

• Like 1