Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curry-loving couple given free meals for life

Still Waters

An Indian restaurant in Leicester has offered two of its most loyal customers free meals for the rest of their lives.

Bob and Margaret Allen, from Radcliffe-on-Trent in Nottinghamshire, have visited Khyber in Melton Road more than 4,000 times since it opened in 1984.

The restaurant's owner, Dinesh Raval, said he considered the couple "part of the fixtures and fittings".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rshire-20585917

• Like 2

lovely story.. i love curry.. i could eat it every night, and do sometimes.. i got a big burst of love energy reading this article.. thank you..

now, pass chicken tikka..

I'd love a curry right now. With mango chutney.

I'll wager their weekly toilet tissue bill is enormous!

s8457.gif

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 1

I wonder if the owner will get tired of seeing their hungry faces, 3 meals a day, for the rest of their lives.

I wonder if the owner will get tired of seeing their hungry faces, 3 meals a day, for the rest of their lives.

Will not happen. It's, what did the article say? 40 miles round trip? To a Brit that is like 350 miles to us Americans.

When I lived in England I couldn't get a glazier to come out 15 miles to fix a broken glass window in my hutch. I had to take the door off and bring it to him. He said it was just too far to drive. He was the nearest one in the next biggest village.

• Like 1

Will not happen. It's, what did the article say? 40 miles round trip? To a Brit that is like 350 miles to us Americans.

When I lived in England I couldn't get a glazier to come out 15 miles to fix a broken glass window in my hutch. I had to take the door off and bring it to him. He said it was just too far to drive. He was the nearest one in the next biggest village.

An American pal of mine once said "100 miles is a long journey to a Brit, and 100 years is a long time to a Yank!"

• Like 1