Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witchita KS police are terrorists

OverSword

From the article:

“To understand why the Wichita Police Department chose to deploy tear gas on over 1,000 people outside and inside of a popular dance club on Thanksgiving night, and why this was an act of terrorism, one must first examine the socioeconomic and political factors surrounding Old Town, Wichita’s entertainment district.

According to the Old Town Association, a committee of business owners in the district, Old Town businesses generate over $50 million, annually.

The club that was tear gassed, Doc Howard’s, is located directly in-between two very posh hotels, the Hotel at Old Town and the Courtyard Marriott….

In September, the Wichita City Council passed a series of ordinances after a spate of incidents in Old Town. T

he ordinances gave police more power to cite people not leaving the area fast enough, added more cameras and reworded an ordinance determining which clubs can cater to customers who are adults, but not yet at the legal drinking age, which, in Kansas, is 21.

These ordinances were lobbied for by the Old Town Association, and opposed by the owners of Doc Howard’s.

The problem with these ordinances is that they do little to address the actual problem.

The ordinances require club owners to provide security outside their clubs, and particularly in adjacent parking lots.”

Problems at the club escalated when the club owner laid off various police officers who were moonlighting as security guards.

The article includes videos from security cameras

http://theintelhub.com/2012/12/03/wichita-cops-indiscriminately-fire-tear-gas-on-1000-nightclub-patrons-video/

Not really terrorism, theres no terror, no one died. Seems that there was a problem inside the club, a fight maybe

What are you talking about? Did you watch the vids? People were leaving peacefully of thier own accord when the police caused a stampede by gassing them. Taking into consideration that the club had just stopped paying off duty cops for extra security can be interpreted as the police making trouble because there were upset by this. That on top of the big money hotels on either side of the club getting mad because the club wont sell out to them points at potential intimidation tactics. If you don't call any of that terrorism I don't know what to tell you, but I suspect you didn't really read the whole thing, or watched the vids.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

I fail to see where terrorism fits into this story. Associations within any city are generally made up of business owners and residents of any one particular area of a city. Sounds to me like Doc's was outnumbered on the council and the council are doing everything they can to force Doc's out of business.

I fail to see where terrorism fits into this story. Associations within any city are generally made up of business owners and residents of any one particular area of a city. Sounds to me like Doc's was outnumbered on the council and the council are doing everything they can to force Doc's out of business.

And using strong-arm tactics and intimidation is not a form of terrorism?
  • Like 1

And using strong-arm tactics and intimidation is not a form of terrorism?

Intimidation is form of bullying, however a large number of young people in some people's views is terrorising

Intimidation is form of bullying, however a large number of young people in some people's views is terrorising

Like the intimidation the mob uses to force pay-outs by business?

If anyone was at zucatti park with occupy wall street,when the cops stormed ,hurt people,killed animals,sprayed people doing nothing,all while the mayor upheld the no press allowed rule,while it went on,you all might agree with the OP.

OverSword, you went OverBoard.

• Like 1

OverSword, you went OverBoard.

Hey Pally, I didn't write the headline. True it may have been more accurate to label these cops thugs.

Or "Witch"ita craft.