Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chocolate pudding? You'll have to show ID!

BiffSplitkins

If you’re lucky enough to look about 18, there’s a good chance you’ll be asked to provide ID at the supermarket to buy alcohol, knives or glue.

Now an addition has been made to that list of potentially hazardous items – chocolate pudding.

Robert Nemeti was amazed when he was asked for ID while buying a microwaveable pudding at Tesco.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2E5PT7azc

Edited by BiffSplitkins
  • Like 2

I'm just waiting for the scales next to the cash registers. Sorry Ma'm, Sorry Sir, it appears you are over the weight limit for this high caloric food item.

I'm also just living for the day the cops pull me over and ticket me for not buying enough brocolli and for over-indulging in pie....and ...uh, it seems you have over-stepped your StarBuck's association.

I could burn myself? Guess I shouldn't dress myself either, I may end up strangling myself with my panties.

Now THERE is a visual! :nw:

• Like 1

I wonder what Bill Cosby has to say about all of this? :D

• Like 3

One day it will be illegal to walk down the sidewalk because we mite trip and fall....

• Like 1

This just gets stupider and stupider

Only because people get stupider and stupider.

This is a direct result of socialized medicine. When you can potentially hurt yourself it becomes the responsibility and concern of society at large.

• Like 5

Let's face it the shop assistant didn't have a clue either.

But it wasn't the ignorant shop assistant that prompted the need to see ID. It was in the bar code. It's part of the process of desensitizing people on the road to less and less expectaion of privacy.

But it wasn't the ignorant shop assistant that prompted the need to see ID. It was in the bar code. It's part of the process of desensitizing people on the road to less and less expectaion of privacy.

I don't think the shop assistant was ignorant. But the scanner wouldn't have said it was asking for ID 'for being a burn risk', she made that decision, so therefore didn't really have a clue and was guessing as to why she had to authorise the sale. Some shop assistants like the power! If it was me working there I'd just retify the machine and not humiliate the customer further, she didn't have to make an issue out of it, if she had any common sense she'd see it was a mistake!

It was a mistake -

"Tesco said: The self service machines can be temperamental. The pudding should not be an age-restricted product. It's a mystery why the machine prompted staff to ask for ID."

If the guy had gone to one of the regular check-out tills manned by an assistant, it might not have happened.

• Like 1

It was a mistake -

"Tesco said: The self service machines can be temperamental. The pudding should not be an age-restricted product. It's a mystery why the machine prompted staff to ask for ID."

If the guy had gone to one of the regular check-out tills manned by an assistant, it might not have happened.

That's what I get for not reading the article. What can I say, when men in black follow you everywhere you go in black helicopters (no doubt tracking you with you cell phone or possibly ET implant) you tend to get a little paranoid.
  • Like 3

..so it was a technological error...

That in no way discounts the Federal Governments desire to control every waking second of your life...and they will...eventually.

For those of you who have never read 1984...you should, really!

I think this is more a case of staff members blinding following what the screen says instead of using their brains.

Reminds me of the time a 50p bottle of water scanned at sainsburys, the till stated it was a "£500" bottle of water, not a 50 pence one. Despite the fact the idea was absurd the member of staff refused to let me pay the real price and insisted I pay £500 or leave the shop. The manager sorted it out when called, but essentially the same issue as the one in the article.

Stupidity and a lack of proper training on behalf of the staff.

I could burn myself? Guess I shouldn't dress myself either, I may end up strangling myself with my panties.

Too funny! :w00t: You are awesome!

This is just plain dumb. I wonder what the actual reasons were, for making people give their id to get a chocolate pudding :o