Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LA-Long Beach Port Strike

HoboMoo

http://www.usatoday....ailers/1745795/

This is p***ing me off REALLY, REALLY bad and proves unions are bad for the economy.

These guys make SIX FIGURES AND HAVE A 'NICE BENEFIT PACKAGE'

I am currently a student in Long Beach and am considering going there with my own picket signs and yelling at these greedy government-mooching *******s

Get out of here. WE DONT NEED YOU. You are causing the economy to fail, you greedy ****ers

The Unions "reason":

"They say, 'Three people have retired; we want their jobs replaced,' " he says. "We want to make sure the people who occupy those chairs have work to do, as opposed to just occupying chairs. The bottom line is the cargo volumes are not what they used to be."

If the volume is not what it used to be, YOU DONT NEED TO REPLACE THEM. GET BACK TO WORK

Edited by HoboMoo

Sorry I can't see to get this page loaded on my ipad but I'm glad to see you're young and uncorrupted meaning you see the down side of unions. Is this union public sector? Be careful about picketing alone. These guys have gorilla sized mafia style thugs who will jack you up.

• Like 1

So, why is it 'p***ing you off'?

And why are they 'government-mooching'? These are taxpaying workers.

They aren't trying to get more money, they are trying to preserve American jobs. I'm not following the anger.

There is a bit of a media silence on this. It's a huge deal,and I barely saw one blurb .

It's been going on for days.

No one will cross the picket line,and boats are lined up for days,waiting to be unloaded .Massive amt of import items,some perishable ,sitting for days ,not going to stores for sale.

It's bad .

However,I've heard the workers conditions are not the greatest ,but I don't know all the facts . Are they teamsters?

There is a bit of a media silence on this. It's a huge deal,and I barely saw one blurb .

It's been going on for days.

No one will cross the picket line,and boats are lined up for days,waiting to be unloaded .Massive amt of import items,some perishable ,sitting for days ,not going to stores for sale.

It's bad .

However,I've heard the workers conditions are not the greatest ,but I don't know all the facts . Are they teamsters?

Good point on the perishable items. I didnt think about that.

They are ruining the economy. Over $1 billion lost a day. That doesnt anger you in a recession?

They aren't doing it alone. Negotiations are a two way street. Their bosses have the same amount of power to stop it. Why doesn't that part anger you?

I finally read the article. From what I gather this is about anger over outsourcing. The union has led 10,450 people to strike because 3, yes THREE, people have retired and the union wants those jobs replaced here. So, three vacant job openings and they go on strike over it causing billions in losses and collateral damage to innocent retailers all during prime time holiday season. Outsourcing bad, ok fine but does is massive strike really necessary atm. Could this not have been negotiated behind closed doors? It's senseless. Now there are 10450 people affecting the livelyhoods of untold others and for what? This just seems way overblown. They're not even looking for money like they usually are. They are just trying to screw the capitalist market and Supervike is saying the retailers should just cave. Down with the unions already. They're just trouble these days.

• Like 1