Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy burned as his phone 'bursts into flames'

Still Waters

Kian McCreath, 11, fled from his bedroom screaming "my bed is on fire" after flames engulfed him while he slept last weekend.

His mother Sarah, 39, awoke to her son’s screams after the new BlackBerry device, bought as a gift for his brother, Mason, malfunctioned and caught fire.

The youngster was rushed to University Hospital Coventry with serious burns to his legs and feet after plastic stuck to his skin. He has been left permanently scarred.

http://www.telegraph...nto-flames.html

No, I just become paranoid around any device that just likes to burst into flames like it ain't no thang. Especially when they just shouldn't do it ever, lol.

• Like 1

melted plastic does hurt, the plastic that scared me was from a camping fold out chair thingy.

Must have been an important call.

• Like 1

This actually happens more than you think. It's just not widely reported because usually nobody is injured. Cell batteries - made in china - junk.

• Like 1

I'll never ever get a blackberry in my life!!

It's not the phone that lights up, it's the battery and most of those are all made in the same factory regardless of which phone they're made to fit.