Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hamas going to Cairo

OverSword

From the article:

Osama Hamdan, head of the International Relations Department of the Hamas movement, stated that Hamas will be heading to Cairo this month to participate in meetings meant at implementing the Palestinian unity and reconciliation agreement, and warned Israel against continuing its violations to the ceasefire in Gaza.

So now that the muslim brotherhood runs Egypt, formerly the only country in the region that would give israel anything resembling a fair shake, it looks like Israel will be facing more hostility than ever. Things are starting to look a little like the descriptions of the end times in the New Testament, methinks.

http://www.imemc.org/article/64694

hellfir2.gif

I think that Hamas is proof that the Palestinians are incapable of making peace with Israel. The Fatah/PLO arm of the Palestinians are trying to get a deal, sort of, but a schism developed between they and Hamas because Hamas simply will not accept or even lie about accepting Israel as a Jewish homeland...period.

Edited by and then

From the article:

Osama Hamdan, head of the International Relations Department of the Hamas movement, stated that Hamas will be heading to Cairo this month to participate in meetings meant at implementing the Palestinian unity and reconciliation agreement, and warned Israel against continuing its violations to the ceasefire in Gaza.

So now that the muslim brotherhood runs Egypt, formerly the only country in the region that would give israel anything resembling a fair shake, it looks like Israel will be facing more hostility than ever. Things are starting to look a little like the descriptions of the end times in the New Testament, methinks.

http://www.imemc.org/article/64694

hellfir2.gif

Another war between muslim countries and Israel? I hope not, i believe yes :(

How about Israel trying something new then?

Not building settlements to steal Palestinian land could be a good and worthwhile new direction.

• Like 1

Not building settlements to steal Palestinian land could be a good and worthwhile new direction.

It would do little to bring about peace when one group (with a LOT of weapons) is still saying we want you dead and gone but yes, I agree that Israel should stop the building unilaterally for 1 year. They did so for 10 months just after Obama became prez. Nothing changed since Abbas refused to talk - he just made some new excuse and moved the goal posts. If Netanyahu's government coalition could withstand the maneuvering it would require (patience) then the world could be shown which side is refusing to talk. But that assumes the world CARES. I think they only want it to go away and pounding on Israel is easier than pounding on a group that can cause mass protests and terrorism in any given country. As it is, Abbas message to Bibi was - "we are going to have a State in spite of you" whereupon Bibi flips him the finger to remind him who is in control on the ground. If I were an Israeli being given a chance to invest a few million shekels in this new construction venture - I'd pass. They'll probably either never be built or the government will seize them to give away at some point. Then the Palis would take great relish in burning or otherwise destroying perfectly good apartments because a Jew built them. It really is insane. Edited by and then

Agree. But also stop produsing palestinian militants and then use them as excuse for occupation. Close loop.

• Like 1

Agree. But also stop produsing palestinian militants and then use them as excuse for occupation. Close loop.

Just curious, Odas, do you think the Fatah and Hamas can do a deal? Can they ever work together since one appears to want to work within the political realm and the other to achieve their goals by warfare?

Read my previous post. Hamas is the product of the Israely government. They are the scapegoats for the aggresive Israely politic. Hamas will never strike an agreement with Israely government because it is not in the interest of this government. Did you notice that the politic towards the west bank and gaza by the Israely government is the same? Abbas is a smart politician means a danger to this kind of government. Hamas are uneducated slaves of the IGment. That I am right prove the recent UN votes and the Israely reaction.

Read my previous post. Hamas is the product of the Israely government. They are the scapegoats for the aggresive Israely politic. Hamas will never strike an agreement with Israely government because it is not in the interest of this government. Did you notice that the politic towards the west bank and gaza by the Israely government is the same? Abbas is a smart politician means a danger to this kind of government. Hamas are uneducated slaves of the IGment. That I am right prove the recent UN votes and the Israely reaction.

So you are saying that Israel controls the Hamas? I can see, I guess, how Israel could manipulate their actions to some extent but you think they actually control Hamas? I just don't see it.

All this over a false god, let alone a real god. There both acting as children and both are spoiled as if learning santa clause can be proven with bullets. Both should be be left alone to destroy each other and the rest of the world can move on as in not believing my tooth fairy can beat up your tooth fairy. Let them both go to war let the ME explode into a second comming and see how messed up they are after the clean up. No aid nothing just let them do it full tilt.

Just sayin let it be done, let the ME do it`s schitt and figure it out after. Religion be damned. Ya right religion be damned

All this over a false god, let alone a real god. There both acting as children and both are spoiled as if learning santa clause can be proven with bullets. Both should be be left alone to destroy each other and the rest of the world can move on as in not believing my tooth fairy can beat up your tooth fairy. Let them both go to war let the ME explode into a second comming and see how messed up they are after the clean up. No aid nothing just let them do it full tilt.

Just sayin let it be done, let the ME do it`s schitt and figure it out after. Religion be damned. Ya right religion be damned

I posted a simmilar post years ago but then found out that the rest of the world contributed to a huge extend to this situation. We all have to work together to solve this problem. Give Abbas support for a palestinian state, weaken the influence of hamas and bring Israel down to earth.

I posted a simmilar post years ago but then found out that the rest of the world contributed to a huge extend to this situation. We all have to work together to solve this problem. Give Abbas support for a palestinian state, weaken the influence of hamas and bring Israel down to earth.

This seems to be a sentiment that is gaining popularity and while I support Israel's right to exist as is where is I do think that peace is critical if they are ever to have a normal existence. My question though, is how do you go about bringing them down to earth? Most of the people who are pro Palestinian are virulently anti Israel and see no further than their distrust, anger and even hatred for the State. Even if all those emotions were valid it doesn't take into consideration that Israel is never just going to disappear and it is never going to be defeated without a MAJOR death toll and disruption in the region. So that leaves real negotiations and compromises. Abbas seems to be trying to side step that effort.

This seems to be a sentiment that is gaining popularity and while I support Israel's right to exist as is where is I do think that peace is critical if they are ever to have a normal existence. My question though, is how do you go about bringing them down to earth? Most of the people who are pro Palestinian are virulently anti Israel and see no further than their distrust, anger and even hatred for the State. Even if all those emotions were valid it doesn't take into consideration that Israel is never just going to disappear and it is never going to be defeated without a MAJOR death toll and disruption in the region. So that leaves real negotiations and compromises. Abbas seems to be trying to side step that effort.

Equality is the answer. I support an Israly state but also a Palestinian state. Israel does not want a Palestinian state no matter what they are saying. Abbas is using politics to create this state and Israel does not like it.

Equality is the answer. I support an Israly state but also a Palestinian state. Israel does not want a Palestinian state no matter what they are saying. Abbas is using politics to create this state and Israel does not like it.

I think they don't like it because Abbas is trying to convince the world to somehow grant him a State regardless what Israel needs or wants. It just isn't ever going to work that way.