Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WHAT IF?

MR.Blueprint

So we believe that the sun is apart of a binarys system with another STAR CAUSING PERSECTION and it rostates every 24000 years.

and we know ancient civilazation knew much more about the subject than we do.

what if the mayans knew that in 24,000yrs that the other dead sun/star would collide into our sun eventually......

but really i think nothing is goin to happen. just a different weather pattern.

That theory would make good science fiction.

I think we are the biggest threat to this planet.SmallXmasTree.gif

• Like 4

That theory would make good science fiction.

I think we are the biggest threat to this planet.SmallXmasTree.gif

Yea but its possible maybe %10 possible.. ancient civilization been knew bout persection and problaly knew what caused it.

the mayans might have knew in 2400yrs the dead star would collide into our sun because thats the cycle and they figured it out.

and i do believe if the binary theory is correct than eventually the cycle would have to end prolly with the two stars pulling into each other, colliding, making another big bang and thats the cycle of the universe but who knows when this would happen/

maybe the mayans knew

Edited by MR.Blueprint

Yea but its possible maybe %10 possible.. ancient civilization been knew bout persection and problaly knew what caused it.

the mayans might have knew in 2400yrs the dead star would collide into our sun because thats the cycle and they figured it out.

and i do believe if the binary theory is correct than eventually the cycle would have to end prolly with the two stars pulling into each other, colliding, making another big bang and thats the cycle of the universe but who knows when this would happen/

maybe the mayans knew

Firstly, how on Earth could ancient civilisations know more about the cosmos than we do, without radio telescopes, satellites, advanced astronomy and modern physics? It makes no sense, they didn't even have binoculars.

Secondly, "persection" is not a word in the English language.

Thirdly, the Mayan calendar has no 24000 year cycles and the Mayans have never predicted any end of the world scenario in connection with the coming of the 14th b'ak'tun.

And lastly, stars are big and bright and are easy to see. The closest star is Proxima Centauri, which is 4.24 light years away, which is too distant for it to be in a binary system with the sun. Even if we're talking about a dead star (a black hole), we would know about it. And two stars colliding could never cause a Big Bang. Compared to the mass of the whole universe, two stars are practically nothing.

• Like 3

I think he means precession LoL and its every 26000 years.

Maybe, but it still makes no sense. The axial precession of Earth is 26000 years, but that has no bearings on the Sun's behaviour and it has nothing to do with any other star.

Firstly, how on Earth could ancient civilisations know more about the cosmos than we do, without radio telescopes, satellites, advanced astronomy and modern physics? It makes no sense, they didn't even have binoculars.

}

Secondly, "persection" is not a word in the English language.

Thirdly, the Mayan calendar has no 24000 year cycles and the Mayans have never predicted any end of the world scenario in connection with the coming of the 14th b'ak'tun.

And lastly, stars are big and bright and are easy to see. The closest star is Proxima Centauri, which is 4.24 light years away, which is too distant for it to be in a binary system with the sun. Even if we're talking about a dead star (a black hole), we would know about it. And two stars colliding could never cause a Big Bang. Compared to the mass of the whole universe, two stars are practically nothing.

1st....... ANCIENT civilisations could know more bout the cosmos than us because the cosmos were different then and maybe more easier to observe

2nd the mayans couldve figured out the cycle of percession wit two stars and thats why they made the calender too end and dissappear maybe from hysteria of knowin too much

3rd how could we see a dead star thats not illuminated and has a huge orbit. bigger than our solar system..

Another Big Bang? Do you really think that if two stars smash into each other it will make another Big Bang? Sad if you do.

do u know what causes big bangs? an exploding star can cause a big bang. which is really a lil bang in the universe we call it a big bang because its big to us

Please don't say the Mayans knew more about the universe than us. It is a ridiculous statement.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Please don't say the Mayans knew more about the universe than us. It is a ridiculous statement.

i know its hard to believe but they knew atleast as much as we do now if not more...shid we thought the world was flat. we thought we were the center of the solar system at one point.

so we defiantly can say the mayans knew more than we did at those points....right?

because they knew the earth was round and the sun was the center of the universe

who to say what they knew that we dont know at this point?

1st....... ANCIENT civilisations could know more bout the cosmos than us because the cosmos were different then and maybe more easier to observe

Nope. The cosmos wasn't particularly different a few thousand years ago. No ancient civilisation even managed to acquire a half-decent understanding of our solar system. No-one knew that Uranus, the third largest planet of the Solar System until the 17th century.

2nd the mayans couldve figured out the cycle of percession wit two stars and thats why they made the calender too end and dissappear maybe from hysteria of knowin too much

The Mayan calendar does not end. And they couldn't have figured out a cycle of precession, because they did not know of precession.

3rd how could we see a dead star thats not illuminated and has a huge orbit. bigger than our solar system..

Because we are not only using our eyes to see it. We can spot Black Holes (which are the only kind of dead stars) through looking for x-ray radiation and the signs its immense gravitational pull exerts on its surroundings.

do u know what causes big bangs? an exploding star can cause a big bang. which is really a lil bang in the universe we call it a big bang because its big to us

Nope. The Big Bang was a singular event that was the rapid expansion of all matter in the universe from a point of singularity. Of all matter, everything that makes up the billions and billions of stars, planets, even space itself. Compared to that, whatever stars do is insignificant.

i know its hard to believe but they knew atleast as much as we do now if not more...shid we thought the world was flat. we thought we were the center of the solar system at one point.

so we defiantly can say the mayans knew more than we did at those points....right?

because they knew the earth was round and the sun was the center of the universe

You are wrong. The Maya did not know that the Earth was round, nor did they believe that the planets revolved around the Sun (an if they believed that the Sun was the centre of the universe, that would prove that they knew less than we do, because the Sun is just a minor star in an average galaxy, and not the centre of anything apart from our solar system). Unlike, I have to say, Indian, Greek and Hellenistic scientists. The Greeks figured out that the Earth was round by the 6th century BCE and proposed the first Heliocentric model in the 3rd century BCE.

• Like 3

To MR.Blueprint :

So we believe that the sun is part of a binary system with another STAR CAUSING PERSECTION and it rotates every 24000 years.

No, "we" don't believe that, but it is an idea, yes.

and we know ancient civilization knew much more about the subject than we do.

No, we don't know that, but it is what many love to believe because reading up on science is boring and not tickling our fantasy-nerves.

what if the mayans knew that in 24,000yrs the other dead sun/star would collide into our sun eventually......

Yeah, what if... but they didn't know about that, or else you would have posted a link to a site about it.

but really i think nothing is going to happen. just a different weather pattern.

I think nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen.

(My excuses for editing your post, but jesus... And what is "persection"?? )

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

You are not thinking rationally. They were good observers of their part of the sky but were little else. To compare them to a civilization equipped with space based telescopes, massive earth based telescopes, radio telescopes, rovers on distant planets and myriad other highly advanced tools is ludicrous because there is no comparison. Thyey were good observers and record keepers, period.

The Maya didn't know the composition of a star or that we have 8 planets in our solar system. They believed the earth was flat and that the venus was "The Great Star", hell they never even differentiated between stars and planets even though they observed that their movement across the sky was not the same. They didn't know about gravity or that light had a speed. No wheel or compass. They did believe in human sacrifice though.

• Like 1

Actually, mesoamerican societies did know the wheel, but they only used them on toys, as they had no beasts of burden available anywhere.

This thread has so much wrong information in in. Stars colliding into big bangs? The universe being easier to observe a few thousand years ago?

Why don't people study science instead of trying to make it up as they go to fit their crackpot ideas?

• Like 2

Nope. The cosmos wasn't particularly different a few thousand years ago. No ancient civilisation even managed to acquire a half-decent understanding of our solar system. No-one knew that Uranus, the third largest planet of the Solar System until the 17th century.

The Mayan calendar does not end. And they couldn't have figured out a cycle of precession, because they did not know of precession

OK I KNOW THE SUN IS NOT GOIN TO collide with a dead star.

BUT THE NOW THE TOPIC is the mayans did know bout percession. they discovered it.

THE MAYANS KNEW ALOT WITH NO TELESCOPES

just like the pyramids its something we dont know about ancient civilizations.

and then they jus vanish they were to smart to jus fall of the face of the earth.

lets all agree its something we dont know about ancient civilizations

so we cant say what they knew or didnt know

Edited by MR.Blueprint

Please provide any proof that the Mayans knew about precession.

And sure, they knew a lot without telescopes. Not as much as contemporary Hellenistic Greeks or Indians, but quite a lot. But their knowledge doesn't come anywhere near to what's covered in an "introduction to astronomy" course at any university nowadays.

And the Mayans didn't vanish. They are still very much alive.

• Like 3

The Mayan calendar does not end. And they couldn't have figured out a cycle of precession, because they did not know of precession

OK I KNOW THE SUN IS NOT GOIN TO collide with a dead star.

BUT THE NOW THE TOPIC is the mayans did know bout percession. they discovered it.

THE MAYANS KNEW ALOT WITH NO TELESCOPES

just like the pyramids its something we dont know about ancient civilizations.

and then they jus vanish they were to smart to jus fall of the face of the earth.

lets all agree its something we dont know about ancient civilizations

so we cant say what they knew or didnt know

They didn't know that much. They knew what they knew, which was little, and really dug into it. Spent hundreds of years updating calendars that were intrinsically out of date because of their flawed theories. Look it up. Stop with the "they knew more than us" stuff because they didn't, and 12/21 will be just another day. The poles will shift again because they have always shifted but the mayas didn't know that because they didn't even comprehend the compass.

Please provide any proof that the Mayans knew about precession.

And sure, they knew a lot without telescopes. Not as much as contemporary Hellenistic Greeks or Indians, but quite a lot. But their knowledge doesn't come anywhere near to what's covered in an "introduction to astronomy" course at any university nowadays.

And the Mayans didn't vanish. They are still very much alive.

Ancient civilizations made up the zodiacs and knew bout percession and knew bout ages thats why their calender is aligned with the percession cycle.

we are entering a new age

SOURCE:

<

> Edited by MR.Blueprint

Why do you believe in the Sun? Because we see pictures and can look at it? That's an open question to anyone. Someone can make bigfoot without a Sun. There's your chicken and egg theory. Someone can make an asteroid without any Suns in a Universe and can make a flashlight in mid air above the asteroid. Then on the asteroid you can make a bigfoot. The flashlight is in midair to show the bigfoot or perhaps I'm wrong. I can't disprove myself. Can someone tell me different to help me?

Edited by kampz

Why do you believe in the Sun? Because we see pictures and can look at it? That's an open question to anyone. Someone can make bigfoot without a Sun. There's your chicken and egg theory. Someone can make an asteroid without any Suns in a Universe and can make a flashlight in mid air above the asteroid. Then on the asteroid you can make a bigfoot. The flashlight is in midair to show the bigfoot or perhaps I'm wrong. I can't disprove myself. Can someone tell me different to help me?

more mayan astronomy videos

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7MaGCyuwk>

Wasn't there at one point and time zero Suns? I believe in the Sun because I see it by the way. Sorry I forgot to say that before and I don't believe what your saying will happen too, but it could in the future.

Edited by kampz

If there was a "small" star moving towards Earth it would have easily been viewed with the naked eye for the last few decades if not millenia. Mars and Jupiter are easily seen on any part of Earth, considering they are not below the horizon, a star is easily seen from thousand of light years away. This whole idea of a "Nibiru" is just plain laughable.

Ancient civilizations made up the zodiacs and knew bout percession and knew bout ages thats why their calender is aligned with the percession cycle.

we are entering a new age

SOURCE:

<

>

Nowhere in the video does it state the Maya knew about precession.

Also, a youtube video is hardly a source, especially if it doesn't seem to have interviews with any astronomers or historians, but features a swami instead.

Nowhere in the video does it state the Maya knew about precession.

Also, a youtube video is hardly a source, especially if it doesn't seem to have interviews with any astronomers or historians, but features a swami instead.

it said another ancient civilization knew bout precession and the mayans knew bout precession becuase the knew bot the change with the zodiac cycle.