Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teaching dogs how to drive!

Still Waters

The ultimate would be to teach them how to use a toilet.

Seems like that should have come before driving! LOL!

• Like 1

The ultimate would be to teach them how to use a toilet.

They lack the strength and the opposable thumbs, Focker.

Consider also the retraining for police dogs should this catch on. After all, it's not like a human rozzer can ask Fido if:

"Pardon me sir... er... dog. Is this your car?"

And then you've got to teach the officer so he/she can then understand their dog!

Saw this on Cambell live last night. The way they were being trained in a mock car made me laugh. It does seem like a great, but ultimately useless test.

• Like 1

It would be cool to see dogs drive but I don't think they should be allowed.. Imagine if they crashed into somebody, they'd be put down on the spot.

• Like 1

I can see it now... DUI... Dog Under the Influence. :w00t:

• Like 3

I can't stop watching that video!! It is unbelievably funny to me and adorable!! LMAO!!!! :lol: It's the expression on the dogs faces, so serious and concentrating. OMG... this video made my day!! :yes:

• Like 2

911: "What is your emergency"

Caller: "My dog took my car and is chasing a cat"

911: "I see, sir. Uh... have you been drinking?"

Caller: "Well, a little, then I shared it with Fido"

• Like 5

911: "What is your emergency"

Caller: "My dog took my car and is chasing a cat"

911: "I see, sir. Uh... have you been drinking?"

Caller: "Well, a little, then I shared it with Fido"

Hehehe.... Haha haha! It's the visual! LOL!!

• Like 2

okay i can see the point in training different critters to do many different thangs like what nasa did with the monkey back in what was that the 40's 50's and 60's i think it was

and dogs with their million times sniffer to do drugs bombs people and other tasks hell i tought my cockatoo to sing and dance to cartoon networks ed edd and eddie cartoon

but a k-9 behind the wheel of a car or truck ? not likely well open minded here maybe if it was a automated car or truck but still the k-9 wouldnt be much more then just a passanger behind the wheel wile the computer did all the work (smh) i think i could come up with a few many things more inportant to research.... lmao..like how to catch "bigfknfoot" with jack links beef jerky..... :w00t::tu:

Meh nothing my goldfish cant do.

Interesting as I just recently argue it is not possible to teach a dog to drive a stick shift through a major city. I hope people realize there is a difference between training a chicken to pull a level and dogs driving to the mall. The dogs training is equal to training a chicken to pull a level, not teaching a teenager to drive through downtown traffic from school to the mall.

Whoops, I tsomething real strange happened. A post I was working on in another thread posted in this thread. I found the thread where it belongs and removed if from here. Please, excuse me.

Edited by me-wonders

Update. Live on monday cambell live reporter will be driven by a dog (US sunday night). All those claiming its a hoax can tune in or wait for it on youtube

They are probably better drivers than some of the drivers in this part of the world.

Sounds like the people training the dogs to drive are overcompensating for something. Dogs are certainly bright, and have great instincts, but we shouldn't be teaching them to drive vehicles.

Sounds like the people training the dogs to drive are overcompensating for something. Dogs are certainly bright, and have great instincts, but we shouldn't be teaching them to drive vehicles.

Well according to the article they are just trying to show how smart shelter dogs are so they'll get adopted.

Why they chose driving? Who knows. I guess because it takes a lot of training to teach them to perform several complicated tasks at once.

Could have just put them in bumper cars, but it wouldn't have been as funny.