Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fisherman suspected of cannibalism

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/alexei-gradulenko-alexander-abdullaev-fishermen-cannibalism-siberia_n_2245187.html

Two fishermen set off with two friends ,down a Siberian river .

They went missing for weeks,and its suspected they murdered at least one of their party,and ate him,to stay alive .

They were rescued in late november .

A hacked up body was found ,with signs of flesh being removed . ID is pending .

The fourth person isn't even mentioned in the article,so no idea what happened to him .

No charges have been filed yet .

• Like 1

Couldn't they have just eaten fish? lol

• Like 1

Couldn't they have just eaten fish? lol

I have a feeling there's a lot more to this story ...

• Like 1

I have a feeling there's a lot more to this story ...

You thinking they went out on purpose to do it? I did wonder that when I first read it.

Also is it the year of the cannibal or something? lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

You thinking they went out on purpose to do it? I did wonder that when I first read it.

Also is it the year of the cannibal or something? lol

I'm not sure,but I don't think this is their first time killing . Dunno about eating .

Something doesn't add up

• 2 weeks later...

Jeeze, I would have hard time eating a human.

The men had survived temperatures below -22 Fahrenheit and were weakened from malnourishment.

=======================================================================================

They may have well survived because they had something to eat, but it does not mean they murdered their fellow fishermen. They may have well died from the harsh conditions.

The skeletal remains “had been hacked up with an axe and had little flesh remaining on them,”..............well this does not indicate murder, but very possibly a couple of men eating their way to survival.

This story has a touch of the Andes about it.

• Like 2

The fourth person isn't even mentioned in the article, so no idea what happened to him .

No charges have been filed yet .

He's MPD. (Missing, Presumed Dinner)

• Like 6

perhap the guy was dead already when they decided to eat him

i know that i would have no trouble eating human flesh to stay alive if there was even a remote chance of rescue. judge me all you like, and don't go anywhere remote with me if you're skittish. all you have to do is outlive me lol

• Like 1

JGirl...

I know we had a camping date, but I think I have other plans now. :w00t:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

JGirl...

oh come on i packed trail mix, we're good...

• Like 1

Can I bring a sleeping bag. It only fits 2.

Edited by pallidin

JGirl...

LMAO!! But there's nothing like a bbq of long pork!

If I'm ever in a similar situation, my friends are welcome to eat my body if I die first. But, if they kill me because I, all of a sudden, look yummy to them, then I'll be p***ed off and come back to haunt them with diarrhea and gas...not just regular gas, severe gas with stomach cramps.

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

LMAO!! But there's nothing like a bbq of long pork!

If I'm ever in a similar situation, my friends are welcome to eat my body if I die first. But, if they kill me because I, all of a sudden, look yummy to them, then I'll be p***ed off and come back to haunt them with diarrhea and gas...not just regular gas, severe gas with stomach cramps.

lol

yes i would want my companions to eat my body if i died before they did, and with or without their permission i would definitely do the same.

i'd have to be very very hungry, mind you, and there would have to be nothing else available to eat.

• Like 1

lol

i'm not sure how to answer that one

It's all in fun. :yes: :yes:

Another example of survival,with similarities,is the one of the survivors of a plane crash in,I think it was 1972,in the Andes.Many of the survivors perished in the extreme cold waiting to be rescued.The remaining survivors were faced with the dilemma of moral & ethical proportions.They were facing death through starvation.They were forced to accept that the only food available was the flesh of the other deceased members of the doomed flight.They were finally rescued months after the crash.Later,officials of the catholic church announced that,according to church doctrines,they had committed no sin by eating the flesh of the dead.

• Like 2

People have been eating fisherman's friend for years

hehe and didnt the tv ad used to say " When you've got sore throat, suck a fishermans friend"

(errmm...no thanks...it'll get better soon)

• Like 3

The thing is...dont humans 'go off' pretty quick? Id have thought unless kept chilled they'd be absolutely stinking after a few hours, all the gasses inside bloating them up too...

Mind you Ive often wondered if clowns taste funny...

• Like 1