Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can women tell a cheating man by a glance?

Render

(Reuters) - Women can tell with some accuracy whether an unfamiliar male is faithful simply by looking at his face, but men seem to lack the same ability when checking out women, according to an Australian study published on Wednesday.

In a paper that appeared in the journal Biology Letters, the researchers found that women tended to make that judgment based on how masculine-looking the man was.

"Women's ratings of unfaithfulness showed small-moderate, significant correlations with measures of actual infidelity," wrote the team, led by Gillian Rhodes at the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders at the University of Western Australia in Perth.

Men, on the other hand, seemed to have no clue. They tended to perceive attractive, feminine women to be unfaithful, when there was no evidence that they were, the scientists noted.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/05/us-faithfulness-faces-women-idUSBRE8B405D20121205?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FoddlyEnoughNews+%28Reuters+Oddly+Enough%29

http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/9/1/20120908.abstract

The sample size is very small of course, but it could be interesting to see how this develops in further research.

They tended to perceive attractive, feminine women to be unfaithful, when there was no evidence that they were, the scientists noted.

There is no evidence, but statistically, they are

• Like 1

“Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.”

“No, we don't cheat. And even if we did, I'd never tell you.”

Tommy Lasorda

“Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.”

“No, we don't cheat. And even if we did, I'd never tell you.”

Tommy Lasorda

I can't even begin to express how much I disagree with these statements...

If a man knows well to conceal, that he's not faithful, then i don't think that a woman can understand it. Personal opinion, not scientific fact.