Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

Simbi Laveau

It's like the suicide note from a man that said "If ONE person smiles at me as I walk to the bridge, I won't jump." He jumped.

that really punctuates it.

i bet i smile at every person i see on a bridge now - seriously

• Like 3

I just have to say this. Maybe "hatecraft" was a little blunt when he said, "She got what she wanted. No one else is to blame." However, he is correct. When someone tries to kill themselves and succeeds, they do in fact get what they wanted, which is to die. I agree that no one is to blame except the person who commits the act upon themselves. The sad fact is that there are so many people out there fighting internal battles and no one ever really knows what they may say or do to that person that may push them over the edge.

To "Armchair Educated" and "Professor T"; how do you know that your replies to "hatecraft" won't be the final thing to set him off? You don't. We can't all go around on eggshells afraid that any biting remark or even harmless joke just might be the cause of someone's suicide. People who commit suicide are dealing with a whole host of issues and the sad fact is that if you take your own life, there is no one to blame but yourself.

id still feel bad if hatecraft killed himself over my comment right or wrong, i wouldnt say he got what he wanted, no one is too blame. this woman didnt get what she wanted, she was placed in a position of mockery in front of the world. is the internal battle inside them only sad until they kill them selves and then its alrite because it was their decision.

• Like 1

That's something of an assumption. You don't know how fragile she was.

The joke wasn't harmless. It tricked two people into committing acts of gross misconduct. Breaching patients' rights to confidentiality is a sackable offence. Sure, there are mitigating circumstances, but that coupled with the publicity could be pretty traumatic.

I agree, she probably wasn't the most robust person, but I don't think it's right to say that something else would have eventually triggered her suicide.

You're right, that is my assumption. My opinion. Could be right, could be wrong. You're also right that I don't know how fragile she was. No one ever truly knows how anyone feels. The fact that she killed herself over this is some indication that she was apparently very fragile. Still doesn't mean that anyone is to blame other than herself.

No matter what happens in your life, it's your choice how you deal with the effects of it. If someone does you wrong, cheats on you and breaks your heart, it's still not their fault if you kill yourself over it. That's how you chose to handle it. If someone says mean things to you and humiliates you, it's still your choice to kill yourself over it. I'm not saying the people who were mean or hurtful or even playing a joke are totally innocent. We're all responsible for how we treat others. Just as we're responsible for how we treat OURSELVES.

• Like 3

You're right, that is my assumption. My opinion. Could be right, could be wrong. You're also right that I don't know how fragile she was. No one ever truly knows how anyone feels. The fact that she killed herself over this is some indication that she was apparently very fragile. Still doesn't mean that anyone is to blame other than herself.

No matter what happens in your life, it's your choice how you deal with the effects of it. If someone does you wrong, cheats on you and breaks your heart, it's still not their fault if you kill yourself over it. That's how you chose to handle it. If someone says mean things to you and humiliates you, it's still your choice to kill yourself over it. I'm not saying the people who were mean or hurtful or even playing a joke are totally innocent. We're all responsible for how we treat others. Just as we're responsible for how we treat OURSELVES.

well said :tu:

• Like 1

id still feel bad if hatecraft killed himself over my comment right or wrong, i wouldnt say he got what he wanted, no one is too blame. this woman didnt get what she wanted, she was placed in a position of mockery in front of the world. is the internal battle inside them only sad until they kill them selves and then its alrite because it was their decision.

I'm sure you would feel awful if that were to happen. Most caring people would. I'd be willing to bet that those DJ's feel absolutely terrible about this. I know for a fact I would. I wasn't kidding when I said I've known 6 people who've committed suicide. Nothing like that experience to make you go over every single interraction you've ever had with those people. Makes you wonder if there was something you missed. Something you could've done to help them. But, in the end, it was their decision to take their lives. Lots of people have been placed in positions of public mockery and embarassment. Not everyone kills themselves over it. Suicide is an incredibly personal thing and I just feel that these DJ's shouldn't be held responsible for it.

Edited by Pandora7321
  • Like 4

Deception to gain unlawfull access to personal information,

This is what I wondered about. The DJs comitted fraud (surely impersonating the royal family has some repurcussions?) to gain access to private medical information, which made the nurses commit a crime as well... sharing said information. They should be prosecuted for what they did do, which was considerable, but not murder or anything like that. And they should feel guilty and reevaluate what they think is entertaining.

• Like 9

The DJ's are not to blame. This woman obviously had issues before this. If you're going to kill yourself over something like a harmless radio joke, you've already been teetering on the edge. I've had the misfortune of knowing 6 people who've killed themselves. Trust me, if it wasn't this to set her off it would've been something else.

So you would be fine if i let the world everything about you, even your past that you did not like?

• Like 2

According to fragile logic, what do we care what DJs feel and what do we care what they will be held responsible or not.

They should just shrug it all off and carry on bulldozing other living beings’ lives on their path to... what exactly? Higher rating? Pathetic. Disgusting, in fact.

• Like 3

I'm sure you would feel awful if that were to happen. Most caring people would. I'd be willing to bet that those DJ's feel absolutely terrible about this. I know for a fact I would. I wasn't kidding when I said I've known 6 people who've committed suicide. Nothing like that experience to make you go over every single interraction you've ever had with those people. Makes you wonder if there was something you missed. Something you could've done to help them. But, in the end, it was their decision to take their lives. Lots have people have been placed in positions of public mockery and embarassment. Not everyone kills themselves over it. Suicide is an incredibly personal thing and I just feel that these DJ's shouldn't be held responsible for it.

I agree with all of this and dont think they should be punished for someones death but they shouldnt prank public emergency services, any ways whats done is done.

• Like 1

So you would be fine if i let the world everything about you, even your past that you did not like?

No, I wouldn't be fine with that but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't kill myself over it either. How did you come about that assumption by what what I've been posting on here?

I just have to say this. Maybe "hatecraft" was a little blunt when he said, "She got what she wanted. No one else is to blame." However, he is correct. When someone tries to kill themselves and succeeds, they do in fact get what they wanted, which is to die. I agree that no one is to blame except the person who commits the act upon themselves. The sad fact is that there are so many people out there fighting internal battles and no one ever really knows what they may say or do to that person that may push them over the edge.

To "Armchair Educated" and "Professor T"; how do you know that your replies to "hatecraft" won't be the final thing to set him off? You don't. We can't all go around on eggshells afraid that any biting remark or even harmless joke just might be the cause of someone's suicide. People who commit suicide are dealing with a whole host of issues and the sad fact is that if you take your own life, there is no one to blame but yourself.

You've raised a good point. however I think you've missed the point that the shock Jocks have committed a crime and caused harm to others..

My comment to hatecraft (interesting name) expressed my view that his/her comment was shameless. Then I went on to explain My opinion as to why I felt that.. No matter how much we hate the subject, people who commit suicide are victims.. They are driven to that end by action or innaction by others..

• Like 3

No, I wouldn't be fine with that but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't kill myself over it either. How did you come about that assumption by what what I've been posting on here?

I'm not, i'm making a scenario

I'm not, i'm making a scenario

Okay, I see. Well, you have my answer to that scenario. I wouldn't be happy with that. I'd probably try to prosecute you for some type of slander or whatnot.

This is what I wondered about. The DJs comitted fraud (surely impersonating the royal family has some repurcussions?) to gain access to private medical information, which made the nurses commit a crime as well... sharing said information. They should be prosecuted for what they did do, which was considerable, but not murder or anything like that. And they should feel guilty and reevaluate what they think is entertaining.

Oh hell yeah! :tu:

I think it is really sad this women chose to take her life, if that is what happen. She may have already been depressed and this just pushed her over the edge. I had some cousins who took their lives and I know the what the pain is like for those who are left behind. I hope it makes radio stations rethink these pranks.

• Like 4

I find it hard to believe that this nurse was living a happy and cheery life up until this moment and then she decided to kill herself out of mortal embarrassment. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing to MAKE someone suicidal. Unless maybe her bosses were calling her a ******* idiot and telling her she was fired and she'd never work in the industry again and she had massive debts and that's what pushed her over the edge. Until more info comes out we won't know.

On a side not how long before Burrell's Dark Forces are blamed by CTs

• Like 3

People who commit suicide aren't victims, the people they leave behind are.

Yes, you are quite right that the people who they leave behind are victims.

But they are victims too.

It is quite easy to point the finger at those who commit suicide and blame them for making others victims of their choice to end it.. But in reality they came to that choice though the action or inaction of those around them, their circumstances in life, and the choices made by others.. The road to suicide is littered with events and choices made by others that feed their desire to end it.. Bullying, Disempowerment, Pressure, Stress, abuse, heartbreak... These are just some of the main the actions or inactions by others that lead people to suicide. I guess you can't blame the Shock Jocks for being the staw that broke the camels back, but you most certainly can blame their actions for being part of the problem..

Editied to add: My heart goes out to her and her family she left behind.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 4

I think it's strange that she would kill herself in an alley. She had kids... there had to be more going on than just the prank. Perhaps the prank pushed her over the edge but couldn't be the only reason.

All she did was transfer a phone call. It's not like she blabbed the Duchess' personal info like the other nurse...which brings me to another point, in the US it is illegal to discuss someones private medical information with anyone, even a spouse, without consent. Minors of course, excluded, but even then information goes only to the parents/legal guardians.

That nurse committed a serious breach of confidentiality, she would be fired here.

Maybe she murdered Jacintha for that very reason. It certainly took the attention off of her for the moment.

The two DJs are retards but it's not their fault she died. If anything they can only be blamed for starting the chain of events that led to this mess.

I am a royalist. If i was looking after the queens grandsons wife in the best hospital in europe i would be quite happy. If i then recieved a call from the queen and prince charles i would be very excited.

If the following day i was told that it wasnt the queen and i commited a crime by giving out personal information of the royal family i would be devestated. Firstly, because my good job was likely to get rid of me and because the whole world heard her excitment and was laughing at her.

In no way was she unstable and i suggest that any of you in her situation may have done the same. I live in NZ and i heard the phone call. I doubt there was any place she could have escaped to get away from it.

• Like 5

I suppose no one will ever know now if someone in administration told her to expect to be fired for the incident.

• Like 2

that really punctuates it.

i bet i smile at every person i see on a bridge now - seriously

Absolutely. I think we as a society are very oblivious to how our actions (or inactions) can change things.

• Like 3

I am very sympathetic to the girl and her family, but going a step further, I guess that if you have a loved one who is very ill,in a Brit Hospital,you cant get there so you phone up and ask about them.Do you honestly think that you'll get a satisfactory reply, I think NOT, All Hospitals are going to clam up from now especially by phone, You're gonna have to take your Driving Licence, Passport, Birth Certificate just to get in the door.All caused by a pair of Foreign Idiots.

• Like 1

She got what she wanted. No one else is to blame.

Idiot.

• Like 3

I find it hard to believe that this nurse was living a happy and cheery life up until this moment and then she decided to kill herself out of mortal embarrassment. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing to MAKE someone suicidal. Unless maybe her bosses were calling her a ******* idiot and telling her she was fired and she'd never work in the industry again and she had massive debts and that's what pushed her over the edge. Until more info comes out we won't know.

On a side not how long before Burrell's Dark Forces are blamed by CTs

Yeah my thoughts too.

Said that, prank calls from these radio entertainers are really going too far. Some are so blatantly stupid and embarrassing I end up turning the radio off or switching stations most times.

I'm no royalist by any stretch of the imagination and wouldn't give a toss that they tried to contact Kate Middleton or impersonated the Queen and Charles. What they did was ethically wrong.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil