Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

Simbi Laveau

I bet she did too and they just carried on regardless. They must have known it would upset her, but they didn't expect her to take it quite so badly.

Hi Stillwaters,

I don't think the DJs thought that she would commit suicide but they must of known how upsetting this would be for a professional nurse to be humiliated by falling for a prank of this magnitude and they must of known the seriousness of patient confidentiality especially as it was a Royal Duchess. I saw the interview these DJs made claiming it was out of their hands as they said management makes the decisions on what is aired. It is clear that if they phoned the nurse back and told her what was about to happen and she asked for it not to be aired then the DJs could of backed off and insisted that the airing was aborted or even dare I say that they could of even told the management that they had not got through to staff at the hospital. Perhaps nobody other than the DJs knew that they were going to prank the Duchess or even had succeeded in the first place.

• Like 1

I don't want to distract from this tragedy and go off on a tangent here, but there's one hell of a few critical points that need to be addressed..

• How the hell did the Media get a hold of copies of these suicide notes?
  • Who or what gave them the right to publishing them?
  • Does anyone remember the Leveson Inquiry into Media Ethics, the phone hacking scandal, police & official bribery and the fact that absolutely nothing has come from it?

I think these three points are related..

Edited by Professor T

I don't want to distract from this tragedy and go off on a tangent here, but there's one hell of a few critical points that need to be addressed..

• How the hell did the Media get a hold of copies of these suicide notes?
  • Who or what gave them the right to publishing them?
  • Does anyone remember the Leveson Inquiry into Media Ethics, the phone hacking scandal, police & official bribery and tihe fact that absolutely nothing has come from it?

I think these three points are related..

I don't think the media has copies of the notes ,but family and friends of saldanahs leaked info to the media,out of disgust with the hospitals a tions .

• Like 1

I don't think the media has copies of the notes ,but family and friends of saldanahs leaked info to the media,out of disgust with the hospitals a tions .

And i don't blame her family for doing that, either.

Latest -

Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide last December with an overdose of pills during a family visit to India.

She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later by apparently jumping from a building.

http://www.dailymail...ill-before.html

Latest -

Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide last December with an overdose of pills during a family visit to India.

She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later by apparently jumping from a building.

http://www.dailymail...ill-before.html

So, she was already fragile... I wonder why she was so sad... I hope everyone can now move on. The DJs will never be the same, the radio stations will have to think twice before playing games with peoples livres and the lawyers, well, lets hope they get disbarred for giving such bad advice.

they won't be disbarred or even fired, unless the Industry Ombudsman tells the broadcaster to fire them. This prank, not counting wht happened aftereards, is tame compared to some of the stuff 2Day FM has done ni the past.