Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bunnies in wheelchairs

Simbi Laveau

I have three buns,all bonded to one another .All rescues .

I had no idea anything like this went on .

This first story ,out of the UK,is very cool,as the wheelchair seems to improve the buns condition .

ALL HAIL THE BUNNEHS !

Ethels story

Blueberry in Canada

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Wheelchairs for bunnies (and not only) is an excellent idea. I don't know, if it's a new idea or it has some years behind it, but i'd like to say i'm very glad for it :tu:

• Like 1

Too easy of a target, lol. I remember one time I was hunting and shot at a rabbit, thought I missed, but it crawled up with it's hind legs missing and I felt bad for it, so I ended its misery with one last shot. Courageous fellow

:'(

Bunnies know their names .Are very intelligent .Sit in your lap and lick you .Please don't shoot them anymore .....

• Like 3

Too easy of a target, lol. I remember one time I was hunting and shot at a rabbit, thought I missed, but it crawled up with it's hind legs missing and I felt bad for it, so I ended its misery with one last shot. Courageous fellow

It's 2012. Can't you buy food from a grocery store?

Rabbits are pests in some parts of the world and actually encourage people to lower their numbers for the benefit of the environment and the rabbits themselves.

• Like 1

Rabbits are pests in some parts of the world and actually encourage people to lower their numbers for the benefit of the environment and the rabbits themselves.

Not in the USA .....

:( I agree with Simbi. Please don't shoot them.

Simbi.. I like the video of the walking bunny. Have you seen Brownie the swimming bunny?

[media=]

[/media]

:( I agree with Simbi. Please don't shoot them.

Simbi.. I like the video of the walking bunny. Have you seen Brownie the swimming bunny?

[media=]

[/media]

Wow,well its cute ,but the bun obviously wants out of the pool ,and looks tired .

The poster is taking a beating in comments .

Yeah, but can it walk like an Egyptian? ;)

http://www.youtube.c...MxC7te5Ks#t=33s

The outdoor scenes of this vid were all shot in nyc. Real people. The two ambulance guys were friends of mine ,when I worked in Manhattan .

They got into HUGE trouble for doing this,without departmental permission .

They worked out of bellvue hospital .

But hey,they're in a classic rock video .

And yes,buns can walk like Egyptians if they want to ;)

I shop at the grocery store yes, but there's nothing more rewarding than hunting your own nourishments. It's a way of life here, not for sport or anything like that. I don't waste any parts of the animals I hunt, you should know that just one deer can provide me up to 3 months worth of meat. The cost? An $11 arrow vs. a $20 single steak (U.S. Dollars). Do the math, bro!

I under stand hunting for food bones .I just cannot handle the bunny thing ,or doing it just for sport .

I under stand hunting for food bones .I just cannot handle the bunny thing ,or doing it just for sport .

Rabbits here in Australia can be shot on sight in rural areas. They damage the native environment as they are an introduced species, the environment isn't made to deal with rabbits here. Just because they are cute and fluffy doesn't give them a step above even the "ugly" or less appealing animals.

Rabbits here in Australia can be shot on sight in rural areas. They damage the native environment as they are an introduced species, the environment isn't made to deal with rabbits here. Just because they are cute and fluffy doesn't give them a step above even the "ugly" or less appealing animals.

An environmental issue is a whole other thing. This is not an issue in the USA .

I also think all hunting sucks,but I know its a necessity for some. I do not discriminate about which animals should be killed .

I hate duck bear wolf deer boar hunting ..poaching is even worse .

I don't eat beef ,fish ,veal ,lamb ,chicken or duck ,anymore.

I've given them up,one by one .

I'm still trying to give up pork ,as its the hardest for me .I stopped eating squid and octopus too .

Given I have buns ,I'm especially sensitive about it ,because I know just how domestic they really are.

No, Simbi, I don't shoot at bunny rabbits, (the domesticated pets) I'm talkin about wild jackrabbits and hares (mostly on farms overrun by them) hired by the ranchers in western Texas in the rabbit season. It's a good cause for everyone, especially for vegetarians who strictly eat no meat.

I know people who keep hares. They're awesome . They eat more than a reg rabbit,because their metabolism is much higher than a reg rabbit .

Cute wheelchair idea.. some rabbits end up messing up the use of their back legs by laying down wrong.. This would've helped the rabbit I used to have.. poor bun-bun.

About the hunting thing.. If people didn't hunt, animals would overpopulate and starve to death, not to mention all the damage they can cause to the environment and farms. And, there is nothing tastier than meat you hunted yourself. :tu:

• Like 1

Cute wheelchair idea.. some rabbits end up messing up the use of their back legs by laying down wrong.. This would've helped the rabbit I used to have.. poor bun-bun.

About the hunting thing.. If people didn't hunt, animals would overpopulate and starve to death, not to mention all the damage they can cause to the environment and farms. And, there is nothing tastier than meat you hunted yourself. :tu:

I agree. My only real problems with hunting are:

A: Hunting an animal that may be extinct (not saying Rabbits or Hares are) especially when animals in general are going extinct.

and B: Poaching, leaving animals dead to rot, after having taken their horns, tusks, skull or whatever. And therefor not using them for food.

Those are my only concerns.

I'm not sure what I think about the wheelchair for bunnies. I know they've been made to help them but to me it's kind of sad to see them in one of those :(

I'm not sure what I think about the wheelchair for bunnies. I know they've been made to help them but to me it's kind of sad to see them in one of those :(

Well,if my bun was looking at loss of back leg movement ,I would consider it ,if the bun seemed ok spiritwise .

These guys seem fine .

I had a three legged cat ,and I looked into prosthetics for a while ,but she didn't even like a sock over the stump .

She ran as fast as a four legged cat .

It depends upon the animal I think .

I found Ethel very perky and happy to be able to run again .

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but you don't seriously think it's better to eat the meat from the grocery store?

I must be misunderstanding you.

And Simbi; Pigs are one of the most intelligent animals there is. Yet we keep thousands of them locked up for breeding so we can have our pork. They never get out of their hellhole and they scream like humans when the slaughter truck arrives. They know what's happening.Trust me I know. My neighbor is a pig farmer. Quite litterly.

If you want help quitting the pork, I can call you when the truck arrives. It's several times a week.

I'm all for the hunting. The wild animal has at least had a good life.

And just to have said it. I'm not talking about hunting endangered species here.

I'm sorry, but you don't seriously think it's better to eat the meat from the grocery store?

I must be misunderstanding you.

And Simbi; Pigs are one of the most intelligent animals there is. Yet we keep thousands of them locked up for breeding so we can have our pork. They never get out of their hellhole and they scream like humans when the slaughter truck arrives. They know what's happening.Trust me I know. My neighbor is a pig farmer. Quite litterly.

If you want help quitting the pork, I can call you when the truck arrives. It's several times a week.

I'm all for the hunting. The wild animal has at least had a good life.

And just to have said it. I'm not talking about hunting endangered species here.

No,I know pigs ....I know. Most meat you see in supermarkets. Beef pork ,poultry ,the animals were sick,fed drugs ,and the meat was treated with carbon monoxide to make it looks red .

Pus is found in milk ,meat .

Yah,I know...I know .

My head hurts now .

Awww Simbi. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It's just that I can hear them scream all the way from across the field.

I hate it.

• Like 1

An environmental issue is a whole other thing. This is not an issue in the USA .

I also think all hunting sucks,but I know its a necessity for some. I do not discriminate about which animals should be killed .

I hate duck bear wolf deer boar hunting ..poaching is even worse .

I don't eat beef ,fish ,veal ,lamb ,chicken or duck ,anymore.

I've given them up,one by one .

I'm still trying to give up pork ,as its the hardest for me .I stopped eating squid and octopus too .

Given I have buns ,I'm especially sensitive about it ,because I know just how domestic they really are.

I do believe solely hunting for sport is wrong.

A big problem with the food types you listed is the market. Some countries don't have any pressure to implement a proper system to accommodate to the animals well being. The countries with more internal pressure to implement a proper system have the market to worry about. After proper implementation the price of that food not only goes up, but the contenders cheaper alternative starts to be imported.

Animal well being in that area might be improved at a cost of the extra profits. But the counterbalance might even mean very little difference at all due to these other countries increasing production as a result of increased imports.

A summary of problems with this is... Local and national business suffer loss of market share while making less of a profit. Money goes overseas. Overseas companies that do not comply with a satisfactory level of animal well being increase scale.

I understand the deeper connection you have with bunnies as a result of having some and seeing them more on a personal level. But this whole situation requires a world effort or at least better education, production or even marketing to encourage the practise of increasing animal welfare in the food production industry.

• Like 1

I do believe solely hunting for sport is wrong.

A big problem with the food types you listed is the market. Some countries don't have any pressure to implement a proper system to accommodate to the animals well being. The countries with more internal pressure to implement a proper system have the market to worry about. After proper implementation the price of that food not only goes up, but the contenders cheaper alternative starts to be imported.

Animal well being in that area might be improved at a cost of the extra profits. But the counterbalance might even mean very little difference at all due to these other countries increasing production as a result of increased imports.

A summary of problems with this is... Local and national business suffer loss of market share while making less of a profit. Money goes overseas. Overseas companies that do not comply with a satisfactory level of animal well being increase scale.

I understand the deeper connection you have with bunnies as a result of having some and seeing them more on a personal level. But this whole situation requires a world effort or at least better education, production or even marketing to encourage the practise of increasing animal welfare in the food production industry.

Every market handling animals should have a Temple Grandin overseeing the procedure.

The work she did with comforting and easing of tension and death anxiety amongst cattle got her the name the Cow Whisperer.

You should watch the movie named after her - Temple Grandin.