Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man missing 27 years, found in bank chimney

27vet

A man missing for 27 years has finally been located, according to police reports.

The remains of Joseph Schexnider, lost for 27 years, were finally discovered lodged in a brick chimney in the Abbeville National Bank in Louisiana.

The bones were found in May, when the bank was making renovations on the second floor, to make more office space.

The identity of the body was confirmed this week through DNA.

Read more....

Edited by 27vet

Now what was he doing in a chimney in a bank? Chimney sweep? Didn't tell anyone he was there?

Now what was he doing in a chimney in a bank? Chimney sweep? Didn't tell anyone he was there?

"Police found gloves in the Chimney". But the rest is speculation, If he was a chimney sweep and went missing then they would obviously have checked the chimneys he was logged to sweep that day. So unless he was in a Santa Suit planning a surprise for the employees christmas party I would say he was up to no good, folk don't belong in other peoples chimneys at least not without the consent and knowledge of the property owner, simple as that.

• Like 2

Have they found any reindeer remains yet?

• Like 3

I really love to lol at stupid criminals, but I feel for this guy's family.

Down the chimney to rob the bank, wouldn't there have been a smell?

I dunno, I'll never understand humans.

How on earth could they have not smelled the decomposition? I assume he was thin and wiry to be able to slip down a chimney but we're talking Louisiana here, not Arizona - the heat and humidity would have made him ripe in 48 hours!