Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For Many, Old Age Brings Happiness

Still Waters

Growing old can bring a renewed sense of happiness and wellbeing, despite physical and mental declines, researchers report today in the American Journal of Psychiatry.

The finding adds to growing evidence that aging is not all "doom and gloom," said Dilip Jeste, a professor of psychiatry and neuroscience at the University of California, San Diego. Instead, old age can be a time of growth, and older people can be a helpful resource for younger generations.

"As people get older, they are less bothered by some things that stress them out when they were younger," Jeste said.

http://news.discover...#mkcpgn=rssnws1

• Like 1

Old age being the last time of ones journey is for me the most important....good article, thanks for posting.

peace

mark

• Like 1

There is something to be said for growing old when you look at the alternative.....

"Never fear growing old; there are many who have never had the privilege"

• Like 2

There is something to be said for growing old when you look at the alternative.....

"Never fear growing old; there are many who have never had the privilege"

True!!

I fear growing old

So this is good news :)

Less about physical age and more about mental age. I believe it to be true especially with the young body old soul type quotes that float around out there and would explain some of the exceptions to the rule.

oh did i see dan handerson? hahah maybe if he grows old he'll be a great source of knowledge on happiness... like buddha