Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost my engagement ring - please help!

lostmyring

Hello - I've misplaced my engagement ring. It was purchased in Feb 2007. Because of it's setting, and my job in healthcare, I don't regularly wear it (generally only when we're going out on fancy dates or to family events). I last saw it after we returned from vacation in early October 2012. It normally sits in a green mid-century ash tray in my downstairs half bath (where it was the last time I saw it). I can't remember specifically wearing it since then, though I might have for one event. I have vague memories about putting it somewhere else, but generally these "odd place" memories will return at a clear moment (normally when I'm falling asleep), and I will find the lost item the next day in that location.

Photo of the ring:

621599.jpeg

I noticed it missing before Thanksgiving dinner. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

In the time since I noticed it missing, I have cleaned the bathroom it was normally in (getting on my hands and knees to look around the floor), I've cleaned my bedroom and attached bathroom (again, getting on my hands and knees to look under and behind furniture). My mother-in-law has a theory of if something feels misplaced, or gone, and I can't say one feeling outweighs the other in this situation.

I've torn apart all the sinks to check pipes to make sure it didn't slip down the drain. I'm at a loss on where to turn next.

Edited by lostmyring

Have you ruled out the hypothesis that it was taken by hired help or by a visitor you might not know very well, or by a child who might not know any better?

I can try the old "remote viewing " on this, but I don't feel all that confdent about it, even though I've had encouraging results in the past.

The thing is, I hesitate to do a reading that could cast suspicion on anyone using information that may be completely invalid, but if you promise to take this experiment with a shaker of salt, I'll give it a shot.

I'm open to a "remote viewing". If there is any other information you need from me for the viewing, please let me know.

Hello "lostmyring",

I see a wooden starcase. I sense it's at floor level in a rather large room, in corner or close to a corner. I get a feeling that its position moved after you lost it, like a cat's paw moved the ring or something like that. Sorry if this is all confusing and not very helpful but it's all I got.

Boson

Boson - I have cats, and wood floors in my living room & dining room. I swept the perimeter of both rooms with a broom, paying close attention to corners (even getting down on the floor to double check). No luck :( I was hopeful since it was a pretty spot on observation for my living room as well as living environment.

Use your phone camera to sweep every crook and cranny. Put a negative/solar filter onto the camera first.

Hi again,

If you stand in front of the door to the bathroom, look to the right, on the floor. If there are any furniture in that area, perhaps move them a little so see better.

Boson

Hi again,

If you stand in front of the door to the bathroom, look to the right, on the floor. If there are any furniture in that area, perhaps move them a little so see better.

Boson

To the right of my bathroom (the one that I kept the ring in) is a closet. I tore through the bottom of the closet without luck (however, the shoes are now completely organized).

Imagine your ring strongly in your mind take a clear picture as much as possible & be absolutely confident :alien: You have wore it for so long. you can find it :D Or make a pact with demons! hid some junk in a pouch & promise it to them as a reward for finding the ring. My grandma would always do that :ph34r:

Or find another husband :D

Edited by C235

LMAO c235, my husband has promised me another ring, it just breaks my heart that I can't find MY ring. I don't even know if I want to replace it, since the feeling isn't the same. For the interim, I'm having another ring resized for that finger.

My front steps are concrete, can't be there. I'll check under the stove tomorrow, but we had it out recently to renovate the kitchen (after I saw the ring last, but before I noticed it missing).

I didn't see anything sparkly under the stove, however there is a ton of pet hair so I will need to get some help moving it to better check.

• Like 1

Here's what I see. The ring was taken from the green bowl in the downstairs-half bath by a little boy with straight dark hair. He didn't know any better but now knows he did something wrong and feels incredibly guily and afraid of being found out.

The ring traveled somewhere with the boy by car. He has hidden it somewhere. Near this place is a large green lawn or field with a tall, staight pine tree in it, possibly two of them with a large swath of green grass between them. This place is a familiar sight to you. Where do you think of when I describe this image? That place is associated with this mystery, and it's a clue to help you find the ring.

Another clue is going to be, opportunity. That is, who has been in that half bathroom? This is not a long list of people. You could write them all down on a piece of paper and cross out the ones that you feel would KNOW better than to take the ring. You may have to ask family members who has been in the house unbeknownst to you. From this short list will emerge a very short list of suspects, and it will either be consistent with what I've told you, or it will FALSIFY my reading.

I can't emphasize this enough: What I've told you is either true or false. If no little boy with straight dark hair has been in your house lately, or if there's no grassy field with a tall pine tree, I'm simply WRONG. :)

Also, it wouldn't be right to go accusing anyone of anything based on a psychic reading. Intuition might tell you where to look, but do not act on it unless the facts line up in support of the theory.

Remember that psychics don't solve cases. At best, they can provide something like a lead, a tip, a rumor, or a theory. It's the followup police work that solves the case. This is the same deal, but without the police.

I sincerely hope you find your ring!

Next time you go to bed, try concentraiting on the ring while you fall asleep. Dreams can some times give you the right clue or point you in the right direction.

I can't remember any children being over between the time I last saw the ring to the time I discovered it missing. Thank you though.

If there haven't been, then I'm just totally wrong. :)

I've had remarkable hits on remote viewing before, but as I said, I'm not terribly confident about it.

Lostmyring, you did say you have vague memories about putting it somewhere else,if you have that memory then you must have placed the ring somewhere else.Think of the places you might have put the ring where you thought it might be safe.Mixed in with your other jewerly, a purse pocket, perhaps, or maybe in a small containor stuff away. I guessing some where in your bedroom.

Try checking wherever there are pipes, along with a crescent wrench(the pipes don't necessarily have to be drainage... they could be scraps or leftovers from a home repair, etc). In a cabinet at floor level. Maybe a utility room, or maybe a workshop, or garage?

The crescent wrench was hanging out of the cabinet, if that holds any significance...?

Hello - I've misplaced my engagement ring. It was purchased in Feb 2007. Because of it's setting, and my job in healthcare, I don't regularly wear it (generally only when we're going out on fancy dates or to family events). I last saw it after we returned from vacation in early October 2012. It normally sits in a green mid-century ash tray in my downstairs half bath (where it was the last time I saw it). I can't remember specifically wearing it since then, though I might have for one event. I have vague memories about putting it somewhere else, but generally these "odd place" memories will return at a clear moment (normally when I'm falling asleep), and I will find the lost item the next day in that location.

Photo of the ring:

621599.jpeg

I noticed it missing before Thanksgiving dinner. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Did the green century dish have designs on it?

I see you in a white shirt and you put the ring on your finger. You have lotion on your hands and it slipped off. I see a ring near dirt. You have any plants around your home? And I see a brown wall.

Edited by Feelingz