Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IE10 compatibility issues

Eldorado

Dear Saru

This is not a problem, just a puzzler that I'd appreciate your opinion on.

I'm on Windows 8 now and when I use IE10 I cannot seperate the paragraphs in my posts by hitting the Enter key on my keyboard, unless I toggle off the editing functions. Then it works fine. But no such trouble with firefox or on other sites.

Any ideas? Thanks.

El

Edited by Eldorado

I don't have IE 10 so I can't check it at the moment unfortunately, however there's a forum update due to appear soon that is likely to improve compatibility with the newer browser.

• Like 1

Whenever I'm posting a reply, quick post, quote or multiquote it doesn't matter but hitting "enter" as in to return space to the next line does nothing. The only way around it is to either hold the space bar until the cursor returns to the line below and yields less than desirable results most times with previous pieces of text randomly dropping OR use Microsoft Word to format paragraphs correctly and paste from word. Obviously I don't want to have to do that. So is there an internet setting or some type of Javaesque software I need to update. My PC is all new, Windows 8, fully updated all the time. Any clue what's up? PS: Can we get rich text editing back on the iPad? PLEASE?????

Have you tried clicking on this little square post-4505-0-18219400-1355186832.jpg to toggle editing options when replying to a post?

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

fvbfdb

dsfsfsdfvfdfdvfdvf

fdvfdvfdv

Yes, thanks that works but it turns off all rich text options. I guess I could toggle back and forth but I never had to do that before. Just started a few weeks ago and I can't remember if it was before or after Windows 8 with the new internet explorer.

Sorry I don't use Windows 8 or IE. It might be Java, I would check to see if you are missing any plugins

Sorry I don't use Windows 8 or IE. It might be Java, I would check to see if you are missing any plugins

No, I highly doubt it but thanks for the help anyways.

I have problems with it too. I cannot use any special functions save a simple quote,unless I hit that little button Dot9M noted. Then to post,I have to hit ot again,or it all goes wonky. I am on a cell phone though .

Not to be a complainer but to make you aware, now when I use the quote function it just deletes the text.

A fix has now been implemented that should fix the enter key issue in Internet Explorer 10 - see if it works for you now.

I have problems with it too. I cannot use any special functions save a simple quote,unless I hit that little button Dot9M noted. Then to post,I have to hit ot again,or it all goes wonky. I am on a cell phone though .

Unfortunately there are so many different cell phone configurations that we won't be able to support them all, what you could try though is selecting the mobile skin from the drop down menu at the bottom left when accessing the forums on your mobile.

Not to be a complainer but to make you aware, now when I use the quote function it just deletes the text.

I've tested this in IE 10 now but couldn't reproduce it, what exact process are you using to add a quote to a post ?

• Like 1

A fix has now been implemented that should fix the enter key issue in Internet Explorer 10 - see if it works for you now.

Unfortunately there are so many different cell phone configurations that we won't be able to support them all, what you could try though is selecting the mobile skin from the drop down menu at the bottom left when accessing the forums on your mobile.

I've tested this in IE 10 now but couldn't reproduce it, what exact process are you using to add a quote to a post ?

Thank you very much. Enter now works.

And the quote function does too.

I was, am, using the quote function on the rich text editor that looks like a comic strip word bubble.

For any UMers having trouble with viewing sites in general with IE10: Click on 'Tools' from the Menu Bar and uncheck 'ActiveX Filtering'. It solves all sorts of problems.

(I got this advice from the Microsoft Technet Site) :)

• Like 1