Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What would be the last thing you'd think of?

Orcseeker

I think many people have a sort of illusionary view on how their last moment fighting for their life would be. Rather than a peaceful, beautiful, painless passing most would be in a state of shock, panic, pain, disbelief, but foremost -a severe death anxiety. People who survive though say that almost their whole life flashes before their eyes. I think it is the brains reaction trying to figure out if anything in your stored memory resembles what you are going through with your body.

Beautiful Hollywood-deaths ala Greta Garbo with the back of her hand on the forehead rarely occurs.

Peaceful deaths are often attributed to older people dying of old age, but even many of them fights it, try to hang on, with the death-anxiety reflected in their scared eyes and face.

To end on a less somber note. When I read:

What would be the last thing you'd think of?

I thought of the story about the fly who dashed in to the windscreen of a speeding car.

"What was the last thing that went through his mind?"

"His @ss"

• Like 1

If I had the ability to still control my thoughts it would depend, if in the middle of an "episode" I would probably feel relieved that it was all ending, if I was more myself in my own mind, then I would think about family and what a beautiful world I was leaving behind.

Honestly, I don't believe we get the chance to think, death might be more of an experience where even our thoughts won't be what we choose but what comes to us and runs through our own minds. A script if you will.

I'd be sad that I never got to see interstellar travel and our first contact with other life-forms.

Oh and the film's I would be missing out on.

I'd be sad that I never got to see interstellar travel and our first contact with other life-forms.

Oh and the film's I would be missing out on.

Unless of course dying meant you would soon experience interstellar travel and make contact with other life-forms.

Well I believe that this question is almost impossible to truly answer. We all may have an idea what the last thoughts that may run through our heads (for me, my deceased boyfriend & how we may be reunited) but we cannot truly know until it's too late

• Like 1

Unless of course dying meant you would soon experience interstellar travel and make contact with other life-forms.

In which case, kill me please.

Edited by Sean93

I actually drowned and the last thought I had was its so peaceful and quiet and the water is a beautiful crimson colour [From the blood gushing out above my right eye] I felt I was at peace/happy the whole time weird huh.

I watched my friend die in an accident. I was sad for that but I didn't feel any pain myself. I had the TBI so that messed up some things. I remember feeling paralyzed and watching her go. That was so so sad. I couldn't even say the words goodbye or I love you. I found out later I was screaming the whole time. But I thought it was in silence. Weird huh is right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hoping id have time for one more phone call. Or send a prayer to my daughter that she would actually receive. I believe things like that are possible. She knows I love her but I would want to say goodbye.

easy. my child and family