Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the MSM ignoring a sinkhole epidemic?

Professor T

Have you heard of the massive sinkholes popping up around the nation? Flammable craters spanning acres wide and leaking radiation, monster sinkholes described as ‘apocalyptic’ have forced residents out of homes, expelled radiation into the environment, and are now ushering in concerns about serious Earth changes in the near future. If you’ve heard of these sinkholes, chances are it has been from the alternative media.

A more serious issue, even beyond the dangers posed by these radiation-leaking sinkholes, is how man-made processes like fracking and excessive drilling are changing the planet on a larger scale. Bloomberg reports that fracking is a likely cause for a dramatic rise (sixfold) in earthquake activity from 2000 to 2011. Not to mention contamination of the water and food supply.

http://www.infowars.com/why-is-the-media-ignoring-the-mass-sinkholes-popping-up-around-the-country/

• Like 3

Okay that causes a little fear in me, ITs like the earth is swallowing itself

• Like 1

That is a far from indepth piece. Where is the evidence of radiation being common to sink holes? You would think that would definitely make the news as the reporters themselves and government officials visits these holes and would be at risk if such things were undisclosed.

As to the fracking causing sink holes - a map would be nice, is there an "epidemic" of sink holes in regions where fracking is going on? It's easy enough to say so, but zero evidence beyond just "saying so" was presented.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2

That is a far from indepth piece. Where is the evidence of radiation being common to sink holes? You would think that would definitely make the news as the reporters themselves and government officials visits these holes and would be at risk if such things were undisclosed.

As to the fracking causing sink holes - a map would be nice, is there an "epidemic" of sink holes in regions where fracking is going on? It's easy enough to say so, but zero evidence beyond just "saying so" was presented.

I quite agree is is far from in-depth, and I have to admit the source is dubious imo..

But puting that aside, I feel that it is a very important question that people need to be asking..

Will see if I can find some more Maps or other sources..

xmvo2a.jpg

• Like 2

Here's one from 2009..

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/stories/oil-industry-sinkhole-threatens-to-swallow-city

The massive sinkhole currently running through the center of town was created by the oil industry. It was formed over three decades as oil field service companies pumped fresh water into a salt layer more than 400 feet below the surface and extracted several million barrels of brine to help with drilling.

sinkhole.jpg

• Like 1

There are also areas of land sinking because of aquifers getting low. I believe there is a big one in California.

I don't live far from the New Madrid fault line and I hope I never have to witness a earthquake like happened in 1811 and 1812. Many people will die if that happens again. I have also read in the past fracking does cause earthquakes and pollutes underground water supplies.

RunFortheHills.gif

• Like 1

I have also read in the past fracking does cause earthquakes and pollutes underground water supplies.

RunFortheHills.gif

Have a look at Gasland, there you see what the frack its all about. Insane amounts of money and zero responsibility, and consideration, for the environment....,and people in general, for that matter.>>>

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQyhpfTOvS4[/media]

• Like 1

Man and his mining the earth have been at play for centuries, and the recent addition of fracking must certainly play a role.

As various aquifers are depleted, and we rearrange the underground structures, there must certainly be results. Sinkholes have been fairly common here in Florida during my life time, but it does seem that the phenomenon is increasing.

The MSM is notorious for what it DOES NOT report. Its role in any and all coverups cannot be denied.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 1

Have a look at Gasland, there you see what the frack its all about. Insane amounts of money and zero responsibility, and consideration, for the environment....,and people in general, for that matter.>>>

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQyhpfTOvS4[/media]

Agree or disagree with fracking, but don't post anything from Gasland, support your beliefs with real science. And whatever you do, please don't show the flaming water - debunked a million times over.

Agree or disagree with fracking, but don't post anything from Gasland, support your beliefs with real science. And whatever you do, please don't show the flaming water - debunked a million times over.

So what is the science? The corporation propaganda? This guy at least took the time to talk to the people living with the consequences of fracking. Many of the know that the gas in the water turned up after the fracking begun, so yeah, I can see them making the connection and see the correlation.

So yeah, I'm posting something from Gasland, and you can take it or leave it.

Edited by EllJay

Man and his mining the earth have been at play for centuries, and the recent addition of fracking must certainly play a role.

As various aquifers are depleted, and we rearrange the underground structures, there must certainly be results. Sinkholes have been fairly common here in Florida during my life time, but it does seem that the phenomenon is increasing.

The MSM is notorious for what it DOES NOT report. Its role in any and all coverups cannot be denied.

Ouch, sucks to be living in Florida..

I think these aren't a fracking related thing..

But still, One has to ask, whats going on for so many to appear in only 50 years.

sinkholetype-near-map.jpg

Oooooooo, this is an interesting find..

http://www.targetmap...?reportId=15575

This Map show's Sinkhole QTY by Country..

Not much other data availible such as source, but the numbers are an interesting read..

I'm not an alarmist, nor scientist, But if you look at the pretty red Country and consider that's probably where most of the worlds fracking happens, then consider these sinkhole numbers.... dunno, there might be a connection me thinks..

Or.. If you consider that the Country "Shaded red" basically ran out of oil in the 1970's by sucking billions and billions of barrels of oil from the ground.. dunno..

The Fact remains.. Why isn't this being highlighted.. Is it being Ignored..

15575_THUMB_IPAD.jpg

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

WTH, is the north american continent eroding?

Are you all DD-prepping and building bunkers over there?

Edited by EllJay

Professor T

I'm not a scientist either, but the sinkholes have been happening for a long time. There is no fracking in Florida that I am aware of, I suppose because the geological formations are not the right ones for fracking.

But we have been steadily drawing from the Floridan (I think) aquifer for many decades, and IMO that depletion of water contributes to the sinkholes.

• Like 1

So what is the science? The corporation propaganda? This guy at least took the time to talk to the people living with the consequences of fracking. Many of the know that the gas in the water turned up after the fracking begun, so yeah, I can see them making the connection and see the correlation.

So yeah, I'm posting something from Gasland, and you can take it or leave it.

Gas in the water supply is a fairly common problem in areas where, wait for it, there are natural gas deposits. Shocking that anyone would want to drill for gas there.

One simply has to install a simple bleeder valve on the water well and the problem is solved.

I know, not as dramatic and fun as setting your water on fire.

Funny that you can easily see the "corporate propaganda" in the science, but yet can't see the propaganda in the film Gasland. Notice that I didn't say that you should support or not support fracking. I said to simply base your decision on the science.

• Like 1

Gas in the water supply is a fairly common problem in areas where, wait for it, there are natural gas deposits. Shocking that anyone would want to drill for gas there.

One simply has to install a simple bleeder valve on the water well and the problem is solved.

Funny that you can easily see the "corporate propaganda" in the science, but yet can't see the propaganda in the film Gasland. Notice that I didn't say that you should support or not support fracking. I said to simply base your decision on the science.

Did you see the fact that most of them didn't have gas in their water supply before the fracking begun, and neither did they have their illnesses.

The propaganda in the film is of environmental and humanitarian kind, the corporation propaganda is hand-waving BS and downplaying risks and impact all for the mighty dollar.

• Like 1

Would sure save on water heating costs if it could be harnesed properly. :lol:

Isn't it a small wonder though, that fracking companies are excempt from complying with water purity/quality laws, and local/regional councils aren't even told what chemicals are being used..

Fracking or fracturing the bedrock of the Earth must also play a big part in sinkhole development, same as oil companies replacing Huge deposits of Dense oil with not-as-dense water. I think of it like The Earth beneath our feet being held up with Tar Pre 70's, and the tar being removed & replaced with slushy water istead.. Now that's got to have an effect on the land above. And as Highlander pointed out, pumping water from aquifiers leaves naught but a big hole where there was water..

Did you see the fact that most of them didn't have gas in their water supply before the fracking begun, and neither did they have their illnesses.

The propaganda in the film is of environmental and humanitarian kind, the corporation propaganda is hand-waving BS and downplaying risks and impact all for the mighty dollar.

Again, stick to the science and not the propaganda.

Here's a relevant podcast about the burning water: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4275

When the Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission investigated the burning water of the well owner most prominently featured in Gasland, whose tap water was gray and actually effervesced, they found that his methane was naturally occurring and had nothing to do with any natural gas drilling. His water well had been drilled directly into a shallow natural gas deposit. Nevertheless, Gasland portrayed this as a consequence of fracking, which is wrong at two levels.

Here's the actual COGIS report: http://www.anga.us/media/136662/cogis%20complaint%20report%205-23-08.pdf

So basically what you're saying is that you only believe YOUR kind of propaganda. And can you clarify how science is propaganda?

Again, I'm not telling anyone to be for or against fracking - don't watch Gasland or read industry publications and claim you know all about the issue. I'm simply saying, do your homework.

Ouch, sucks to be living in Florida..

I think these aren't a fracking related thing..

But still, One has to ask, whats going on for so many to appear in only 50 years.

sinkholetype-near-map.jpg

It's actually a common occurrence in Florida due to most of Florida sitting on limestone formations.

Very informative State of Florida website:

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/geology/geologictopics/sinkhole.htm

• Like 1