Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rebels may use Chemical Weapons

Stellar

Syria warned on Saturday that rebels could use chemical weapons in their fight againstPresident Bashar al-Assad's forces, and insisted that the government will never unleash sucharms on its own people.

Theres actually a video on youtube supposedly released by the rebels showing the use of what appears to be nerve gas on rabbits. In the video, the rebels warn the Syrian government forces that they will die just like the rabbits.

[/font][/color]

Theres actually a video on youtube supposedly released by the rebels showing the use of what appears to be nerve gas on rabbits. In the video, the rebels warn the Syrian government forces that they will die just like the rabbits.

Reports out in the last 24 hours that the rebels have seized a "chemical site" where chlorides are made. Supposedly this could be one of THE chemical weapon manufacture sites. Lots of rumour from not very good sources that a confrontation is close. I think the rebels are trying hard to gin up an intervention. JMO

Dang. I really hope their internal conflict doesn't turn any nastier than it has.

• Like 1

I really would like to see a source for this other than "go on youtube".

• Like 2

There's every probability that the situation is being hyped to a degree. The video I saw from Arutz Sheva at first glance was awful, then after watching it again I felt there was just something about it that wasn't right and I couldn't place my finger on it....

I still don't know if it was accurate or not but as someone commented - it was only 4 casualties - there almost certainly would be many more if an attack had been real. Most likely the talk is being manufactured to push the idiots in Washington into another frenzy of cruise missile launches.

If this is true then Assad has truly lost the war, I don't think his army has any confidence anymore. Or he is saying that to get more people united against the rebels, and imo it is not a win-win situation

Someone posited on a different site I visit that the injuries shown on that video were most likely from white phosphorous. It seems logical considering it was apparent burns to hands and faces and feet.

Whoops. I forgot to paste the link. I'll put it as soon as I get home from work.

Why do people sign themselves up to put their fellow Man to death?

Say what you will, thats what it boils down to at the end of the day.

[/font][/color]

Assad said "the rebels"? I think you meant the terrorists. He's fighting a "war on terror" too, as it turns out.

And the moral hazard continues...

I wonder what the UN/USA will do if the rebels are the ones to unleash chemical hell :no:

Think the government was the first

Heres the youtube video I was talking about:

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Unsuitable video

Here we have i video that shows the rebels using chem weapons and yet the newscasts I heard saw all weekend were the officials of USA and UK claiming it was Assad preparing chemical weapons (sound familiar?)

Here we have i video that shows the rebels using chem weapons and yet the newscasts I heard saw all weekend were the officials of USA and UK claiming it was Assad preparing chemical weapons (sound familiar?)

Ah but look 2 or 3 threads down, people which looks like some sort of chemical burn on their faces, which masks protect over them, this was posted by the FSA

Think the government was the first

i dont think that any have been used so far, or we would have heard of it...

but seriously, i wonder how the west would deal with it, if it is the rebels unleashing them chemical weapons :o

Here

No. That is not confirmation of chemical weapons use. Hell, the West claims he loaded up Sarin. Sarin does not cause chemical burns.

No. That is not confirmation of chemical weapons use. Hell, the West claims he loaded up Sarin. Sarin does not cause chemical burns.

Does not matter which, its still harmful and still is a threat. They might and might not. But I don't want anyone supporting Assad

Ah but look 2 or 3 threads down, people which looks like some sort of chemical burn on their faces, which masks protect over them, this was posted by the FSA

Looked at the vid richard, sarin gas does not do that th the outside of the body. The image I'm posting is from a white phosphorus burn. Look familiar?

*snip*

Lesson: Don't believe everything they tell you on the news.

Edited by Saru
Graphic image

The big question is, who are the ones telling porky's?

My guess is it's some group within the rebels. The government doesn't benefit if an intervention happens.
  • Like 3

Looked at the vid richard, sarin gas does not do that th the outside of the body. The image I'm posting is from a white phosphorus burn. Look familiar?

Lesson: Don't believe everything they tell you on the news.

No i get sources from people in Syria