Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UMers, Gender: Not Specified... Intuition.

Professor T

So I've noticed that some UMers have left a blank space in Gender, myself included..

• So here is your oportunity to see if other users can guess your gender and come clean.

• Or an oportunity to explain why you've chosen to be Gender: Not Selected..

• And an oportunity for everyone else to test their Intuition based on knowing the fellow UMer or take a stab at it based on choice of Avatar ect...

If you are wondering why I placed this under Philosophy and Psychology it's because the emphasis is on intuition.. But that's no reason not to have fun with this..

I don't think gender is important except to your mate or if you want to be a CEO since 90% are men LOL. I think men are more likely to post male, it's a guy thing. We all have female and male traits and I bet some post opposite of what they really are. I wanted to make the statement I don't care what you or anyone else is it's the thoughts that count!

• Like 1

BTW Professor T, you are going to tell us eventually, right?

Yes, ofcourse I will come out of the closet.. :lol:

I might leave this going for a bit longer though because the demographics aren't very fare.

So far, 14 Males v's only 6 Females have responded..

Actually I wonder if you or Saru could let us know what the Um user Gender mix is here?

The only conclusion I can come up with so far is that Males are quite happy to take a stab at using their intuition, and Females don't. <_<

Edited by Professor T

Well, my guess is male. Only because I think that you said you made your Grey counterpart out of fibreglass. Only a guy, I think, would spend all that time and energy to build something so gloriously useless. Women tend to be more practical, I think.

I dunno, I think.

Edit: Congrat's on your 1000th, also to JGirl for her 4,000th. (Psst. also because women are more proficient at posting).

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

Do you think males are generally considered more seriously than females? That their opinions are held in a higher authority than a females?

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't feel or think that way at all.

I think you are male, reading by your energy. It's less masked in your art work :tu:

• Like 1

I've always just assumed you (Professor T) were male. Actually I didn't even notice you hadn't selected a gender until reading this thread. That's my hunch, not really based on anything specific..just what I get from reading your posts.

Okay maybe the "T" nickname has something small to do with it, like Left Field mentioned. I think it would be a more common type nickname for a male.

• Like 1

I think you are male, reading by your energy. It's less masked in your art work :tu:

Perhaps he/she has not yet decided on their dominant gender.

So far, 14 Males v's only 6 Females have responded..

Really? I counted 11... am I counting some twice?

I don't think gender is important except to your mate or if you want to be a CEO since 90% are men LOL. I think men are more likely to post male, it's a guy thing. We all have female and male traits and I bet some post opposite of what they really are. I wanted to make the statement I don't care what you or anyone else is it's the thoughts that count!

Hello fellow Gender Not Selected UMer!

Care to join in and get some people using their Intuition?

Or care to tell us why you've chosen tnot to put your private bits on display?

just because someone lists themselves as male on a forum, doesnt mean they are.. ive known males on other forums who have said their gender was female, as they feel they dont get attacked as much as a guy would, when it comes to debates and the like..

I wouldn't have believed any of what you said except for the fact that the ...uh...'crying' thread proved as much! lol

It's interesting you've mentioned that.

Because there's one user here that I'm sure has done exactly that.. But I'm only basing that on Intuition.

i bet there is more than one...

Really? I counted 11... am I counting some twice?

I've counted twice up to page 4.

So far the numbers are 16 Male responders v's 10 Female.

Ok, so, when will you spill the beans? ;)

Ok, so, when will you spill the beans? ;)

Think I'll spill the beans tomorrow to give a few more members a change to test their intuition..

It's 8pm here now, so, maybe in another 10 - 12 hours..

Will sleep on it :sleepy:

• Like 1

Should I un gender myself. People assumed I was male before,even with my gender showing.

Also ,some people here put the wrong gender . I know of at least two who do .

Different perception of the person .

Think I'll spill the beans tomorrow to give a few more members a change to test their intuition..

With that smooth genderless physique,your just like a Ken doll ,so I say you're a dude .

• Like 4

that's a pretty good ratio - there are probably more guys signing in than gals

• Like 1

Should I un gender myself. People assumed I was male before,even with my gender showing.

Also ,some people here put the wrong gender . I know of at least two who do .

Different perception of the person .

i don't notice most of the time what gender the person is. i am concerned with the words, ideas, and opinions put forth, so whether that person is male or female is irrelevant - unless the topic is oriented specifically one way or the other. then you can usually tell by the responses.

• Like 6

For those claiming more guys are into UFOs than girls, to me it seems more females are into abductions and greys and the males focus more on ancient alien history theories and shiny light sightings.

I appreciate Professor T's ambiguity in this matter including the avatar, their willingness to include everyone in the writers and artist hangout, and overall sensitivity.

• Like 1

i don't notice most of the time what gender the person is. i am concerned with the words, ideas, and opinions put forth, so whether that person is male or female is irrelevant - unless the topic is oriented specifically one way or the other. then you can usually tell by the responses.

A few of my detractors here ...ahem ,definitely get on ny case,assuming I am a simpleton female,and easy to bash ....which I think some discovered ,is not so easy to do .

Men do this a lot more than women .

• Like 1

Sounds good, especially Since yawns are contagious and I caught a few from your last post :sleepy: . Thanks for a fun thread :)

For those claiming more guys are into UFOs than girls, to me it seems more females are into abductions and greys and the males focus more on ancient alien history theories and shiny light sightings.

I appreciate Professor T's ambiguity in this matter including the avatar, their willingness to include everyone in the writers and artist hangout, and overall sensitivity.

That's a very interesting observation, and I think fits with my theory, since things like abductions and such like tend more toward the 'mystical' kind of experience, while males are more interested in technology and hardware and big construction projects. Again, to stereotype. :santa::alien::cry:

I say you are a female cause its weird to a man to hide his gender really. Still what comes from you says you are male.

Edited by C235