Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UMers, Gender: Not Specified... Intuition.

Professor T

Well judging by your xray you haven't given birth to any children. Or aliens :D

• Like 1

So Professor T, a male you be! I was right :D

Does this mean you'll be updating your profile? There's no hiding now.....all is revealed :lol:

• Like 1

I say you are a female cause its weird to a man to hide his gender really. Still what comes from you says you are male.

This is a prime example of second guessing your Intuition..

And I'm guessing that most if not all of the people who got the answer wrong innitially thought Male, but for various reasons decided to go the other way..

Intuition is a thing that one knows for feels is the likely answer from instinct rather than considering or conscious reasoning.. Intuition is that first and foremost gut feeling that one gets when faced with a decision.. If you trust your intuition you go with that first gut feeling. But if you second guess, the 2n'd guess is reasoning over ituition..

• Like 5

My god, my phone is killing me! Didn't mean to post twice. Obviously..

• Like 1

Well judging by your xray you haven't given birth to any children. Or aliens :D

i thought i was just stoned but i see now that yes i did like this post twice lol

• Like 5

I've got a very revealing Photo somewhere.. I'll go find it...

Ahh, Here it is..

15po2rq.jpg

What is this filth doing up in here?! Trying to get us all in trouble, Prof, can't just show off your 'bones' like that. -ba-dum-tsh-

• Like 3

Well, I was wrong (I seem to do *wrong* quite well).

Might I add one small piece of advice...Professor T I think you might need to gain a little weight!

• Like 3

So Professor T, a male you be! I was right :D

Does this mean you'll be updating your profile? There's no hiding now.....all is revealed :lol:

:tu:

Yep, Well done! :lol:

Actually I think I'm not going to put on that label.

There's no hiding from it now, but untimately I still feel that peoples opinions & Ideas transcend gender, so, why bother..

• Like 2

Well, I was wrong (I seem to do *wrong* quite well).

Might I add one small piece of advice...Professor T I think you might need to gain a little weight!

Wrong is good..

You didn't post the correct answer, but if you think back to how you came about that answer you might be able to determine if your first guess was right or wrong.. If your innitial guess was Female, then your intuition was wrong. If your first guess was male, you should have stuck with your intuition and not second guessed it..

You helped us Males out in the numbers game for sure.. :lol: Will post those results shortly.

• Like 1

My god, my phone is killing me! Didn't mean to post twice. Obviously..

LMAO!! I post on my phone too, sometimes and what kills me is the dang predictive text... thus the many edits on my posts! I've caught some very embarrassing things my phone thinks I'm trying to say.... thank the universe!! My friend once texted me and asked, "What time will you be naked" instead of, "what time will you need it" or something like that... lol

Very often my second text to anyone is, "damn phone... sorry, I meant..."

• Like 2

:tu:

Yep, Well done! :lol:

Actually I think I'm not going to put on that label.

There's no hiding from it now, but untimately I still feel that peoples opinions & Ideas transcend gender, so, why bother..

lol...Why thank you kind Sir :D

Not forgetting anyone who hasn't read this thread still won't know :tu:

• Like 1

So, here's the numbers for Male v's Female intuition...

Overall 35 UMer's were involved in this.. 20 Males & 15 Females.

UM community as a whole was 77.14% Accurate, which is mindboggling because I would have expected us to be closer to perhaps 50% given that we only had two choices, you know, law of averages, ect..

Male intuition accuracy was 75%..

That's damn good.. :D

Female intuition accuracy was 80%..

That's damn good.. <_<

I think that overall we are very intuitive here in UM because we mostly base our judgements on peoples thoughts, opinions and ideas as opposed to anything else like seeing the persons face.. We see peoples comments and instantly make a judgement before responding, and build a mental picture of the person we're responding to in our heads.. That imo, is good exersize for developing intuition..

Well Done UM community! :nw:

• Like 7

So, here's the numbers for Male v's Female intuition...

Overall 35 UMer's were involved in this.. 20 Males & 15 Females.

UM community as a whole was 77.14% Accurate, which is mindboggling because I would have expected us to be closer to perhaps 50% given that we only had two choices, you know, law of averages, ect..

Male intuition accuracy was 75%..

That's damn good.. :D

Female intuition accuracy was 80%..

That's damn good.. <_<

I think that overall we are very intuitive here in UM because we mostly base our judgements on peoples thoughts, opinions and ideas as opposed to anything else like seeing the persons face.. We see peoples comments and instantly make a judgement before responding, and build a mental picture of the person we're responding to in our heads.. That imo, is good exersize for developing intuition..

there are no parting gifts? :unsure2:

• Like 2

All thanks to you Professor T. That was interesting :)

Female intuition accuracy was 80%....... :clap:

• Like 3

This was quite interesting . We could do it with other topics ?

A UMer could post a query ,PG 13 only of course ,ans judging by postings and using intuition ,we could guess the answer .

For example ,

Someone could post ..

Do I,or do I not ,have a collection of skulls ?

Or,am I a chemical engineer ,or a neuro physicist?

And it has to be a reasonable question ,no dopey drama generating questions ,or it defeats the purpose .

Dunno,is it stupid ? Let answers come in for say 3-4 days,and then see how everyone did ....??

• Like 2

:lol:

Sorry Simbi, I excluded you from the results because you already knew all about my private bits..

For anyone reading this, it was a PM converation with Simbi that gave me the idea for this..

shhhhhh,don't divulge our secret plottings of world domination ...^_^

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

yeah yeah <_<

:lol:

All thanks to you Professor T. That was interesting :)

And 100% for Mr. Washington. -pats quarter-

there are no parting gifts? :unsure2:

This was quite interesting . We could do it with other topics ?

A UMer could post a query ,PG 13 only of course ,ans judging by postings and using intuition ,we could guess the answer .

For example ,

Someone could post ..

Do I,or do I not ,have a collection of skulls ?

Or,am I a chemical engineer ,or a neuro physicist?

And it has to be a reasonable question ,no dopey drama generating questions ,or it defeats the purpose .

Dunno,is it stupid ? Let answers come in for say 3-4 days,and then see how everyone did ....??

Now that's a brilliant combination of ideas.. :D

In most threads I kind of like to involve everyone and get people interacting together.. that's what community is all about.. It's proven difficult in some cases, expecially the Writers and Artists threads where it tends to be all about Ego (no offence intended)

What makes Test or Exercise threads like this one so interesting is everyone has a stake, and everyone get's involved in a community atmosphere. I think Test and Excerse Threads also draws people together because they are also a great way to learn about ourselves and the people around us.. I've had an idea for starting something similar in the Psychic Abilities Forum (havn't forgotten about it) just been busy elsewhere.. There's probably a list as long as My arm that we could Excersise.. Intuition.. Empathy.. Remote Viewing.. Law of Averages.. I'm sure great minds like the ones I've encountered here could add more and devise new and inventive ways to create similar testing threads that would be just as entertaining. Most threads are serious.. But test/exersise threads can be fun.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 4

Hello fellow Gender Not Selected UMer!

Care to join in and get some people using their Intuition?

Or care to tell us why you've chosen tnot to put your private bits on display?

If someone read all my posts since I joined UM they would know what I am since I'm not a transgender. I just just like to post so the sexists out there don't make pre determined sterotypes from my comments. I also get a kick when the "all knowing ones" go way off base in their comments like I'm the opposite sex than I really am or even age group. It's funny. I'm a mystic at heart so I don't think it matters what the current physical body is, consciously we contain both influences.

• Like 2

congratulations on finding your masculinity :tu: or for revealing it...or whatever...good job SIR :gun:

• Like 2

Woo hoo! Where's my cookie? Lol ;)

Is it intuition if you are giving off male energy?

I'm not sure to be honest...

I think perhaps that some people may percieve male or female energy as intuition?

:P I've been on vacation and it's a bit late now, but for some reason I always thought you were a guy. I must admit I have been wrong about a couple of the ladies that I thought were male. Even now that I know they are female I still think of them as male because of their responses about certain things. :blush:
  • Like 2

OK, so you've established that you are male........but are you human? :alien:

Does fiberglass skin itch? :P

• Like 2

I thought I read about a computer program that could detect whether the writer was male or female, based on language patterns alone.