Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holy Grail or Ark of Truth, do they exist?

Uncle Sam

Not mocking at all, since I own a first edition of the book in question, but you guys do realize Holy Blood Holy Grail should be taken with a whole shaker of salt, right? It's...Kind of a wall-eyed connect the dots with different disconnected points in history.

Fascinating read, but definitely not something I'd base any kind of belief on. Especially since the authors themselves were horrendously duped about the Priory of Sion which...Has only existed since the 50s, not since the creation of the Templars.

Jor el

If you went to your mother's house for dinner. She drank from her mug and passed it around. She said drink from it. Do this is memory of me in the future. And God forbid she died the next day. I think you would remember which cup she used. And you'd think it was pretty special. I bet.

Edited by Cassea

I was just going to mention the Da vinci Code but thought I would be mocked. This is a great post. Dan Brown used this book as a reference. He was sued for not crediting them enough.

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/0440136482

The ark and the grail are very real.

The problem with Holy Blood, Holy Grail is that researching it wasn't enough to convince the author of the veracity of the claims (Lincoln to this day says "I neither believe nor disbelieve" when asked about the Holy Grail being the bloodline of Christ).

Secondly it relies a little too heavily on a proven hoax (the Priory of Scion).

Thirdly, I can't get past Lincoln's other job being a writer of fiction - I know that writers write, and Tolkien wrote reference books as well and so on.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I still have to say that when MOST people say the holy grail the forst thing you think of is the cup of christ. If the cup holds any power is a diffrent question (I would say no) however the importance of it being the last cup Christ drank out of it makes it pretty special, it makes it even more special that he passed it around to his dicipals and said take this cup and as you drink of the wine remember me (not the exacvt words but along those lines) so that leand more credit to the cup and its contence being of great importance.

Lets be honrest here, if king TUT drank from one cup and had a final dinner before his death and let his family drink from the cup, then have a speach about the cup and its contents and all that is recorded in time and pictures and you found that cup, it would be pretty special.

On the note of a holy blood line, we basing an argument/debate on what is in the bible, does it not make sense that if Jesus got married and had kids it would have been recorded in the bible? Cause it is most def not. As far as memory serves the whole Mary and the bloodline comes from the painting of the last supper, done a long time after the time period of Jesus life. At best its a fringe theory.

Saying Dan Brown based it on fact from his sourse still lends little credit to use that as a refrence point for the holy grail and the blood line, I can very strongly prove that all the places in lord of the rings were based on real places, Tolkin admits this himself, does that mean the story really happened?

So in closing I see your point of view about the body of christ being the grail, however I still feel that it is the cup used at the last supper and that is widly accepted as correct.

As far as I know there has never been any Holy Grail of any kind, whether it be a cup or a person. Legend abounds but there has never been any real proof of its existence. As for the ark of truth, no such thing exists except in Stargate. If on the other hand you are speaking of the Ark of the Covenant, then there is a real possibility that it now resides in Ethiopia.

[media=]

[/media]

Precisely my theory.

In the below level churches, they are absolutely amazing buildings, the last stop the ark ever made. the people there (from what i have seen/read) are not violent but do pack alot of power for defensive reasons.

In addition I also think that maybe the crystal skulls are trademark stamps of where the ark had been. Not some magic superpowered tool, but a simple reminder not to stay there as they had stayed before if one was to pass an old trail as the integrity of being hidden would be comprimised. Especially if someone was following an older trail of it's past locations. Also most of it's travels were from what I believe to be in the same era of wizards, dragons, crystals, skulls so one would use this a crystal skull as a scare tactic, if you were under the impression that these things existed as many of the tales say. It'd be like a haunted house effect, just waiting for something to scare the whatever out of you.

Just in personal ideas.

The cup of Jesus? I believe I read somewhere they found markings on ancient cups ,somewhere in Isreal, that may have identify a secret cult of those that belong to it, when they had their meetings.

Jor el

If you went to your mother's house for dinner. She drank from her mug and passed it around. She said drink from it. Do this is memory of me in the future. And God forbid she died the next day. I think you would remember which cup she used. And you'd think it was pretty special. I bet.

Yes sure, but not special in the way you would ascribe to the Holy Grail. It would still be just a cup.

As I said earlier, the last supper was in a house hired for that purpose...

Mark 14:12-15:

Jesus' disciples asked him, "Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?" So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, "Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him. Say to the owner of the house he enters, 'The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' He will show you a large upper room, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there."

As one can see, the room was hired, thus all the utensils of the room did NOT belong to the disciples or even to Jesus. According to tradition and legend Jesus himself appeared after his resurrection to Joseph of Arimatheia after his imprisonment for his beliefs, giving him the cup that sustained him for decades.

I don't see the above legend jiving with anything the bible says about Jesus, the Last Supper and its preparations, and even with anything christian. But, it is definitely a good story.

well the cup is very unlikely to ever be found. How would they prove it was the real thing? They had the last supper in a rented upper room, the cups and such were most likely provided by the building's owner. Like a banquet hall. So after they had their meal and left, the cups and all would be washed and used for the next group renting the room.

As far as the ark, well the bible says it is in heaven's throne room, so it was removed from earth.

REV 11:19 And the temple of God which is in heaven was opened; and the ark of His covenant appeared in His temple, and there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder and an earthquake and a great hailstorm.