Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jet Fuel delivered to gas station

pallidin

I can see the local news now: "Yesterday Mr. Oliver Milktoast, an 80 year old pensioner, was cited for speeding out of a gas station in his 2005 Prius. Mr. Milktoast claimed he'd just filled up his tank and had merely tapped the accelerator causing his vehicle to launch itself at breakneck speed. Police are currently looking into the incident."

Edited by Lilly
Oops!
  • Like 3

How exactly does one screw this up?

I know! Me and my wife were debating the same thing.

EDIT: Wait, I think I got it now:

From the article...

"...Police said jet fuel was mistakenly delivered to the Delta gas stationicon1.png on Highway 36 in Keyport, N.J., on Sunday morning..."

Maybe he thought it was Delta Airlines! :w00t:

Edited by pallidin

Yeah, doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense. Seems like someone would have noticed or something wouldn't have quite fit.

I dunno. Idiots.

• Like 1

Someone is feeling rather foolish for that, I hope.

If the wrong fuel was making the cars stall what was regular fuel doing to the jets?

• Like 1

Someone is feeling rather foolish for that, I hope.

If the wrong fuel was making the cars stall what was regular fuel doing to the jets?

Making them talk like Herbie the Love Bug.

Someone is in a lot of trouble, bet the tanker driver is looking for a new job. This can really screw a car up in time. Causing the onboard computer to short out.

Someone is in a lot of trouble, bet the tanker driver is looking for a new job. This can really screw a car up in time. Causing the onboard computer to short out.

Or, whoever filled the tanker with the wrong fuel. Article doesn't say.

EDIT: Wait, I think I got it now:

From the article...

"...Police said jet fuel was mistakenly delivered to the Delta gas stationicon1.png on Highway 36 in Keyport, N.J., on Sunday morning..."

Maybe he thought it was Delta Airlines! :w00t:

I think somebody is going to be looking for a new job. That was a very expensive mistake. Glad it wasn't me who made that mistake.

Apparently the fuel ended up at more than one station according to this article: http://www.wsvn.com/...j-gas-stations/

Perhaps it was a mistake in what the tanker was filled with rather than the driver making a mistake in where to deliver.

3 gas stations? Dang! As if N.J. doesn't have enough problems still lingering from Sandy.