Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Petition to Build a "Death Star"

WoIverine

A petition on the White House website calling for the government to build a "Star Wars"-style "Death Star" by 2016 has garnered more than 17,000 signatures.

The authors of the strange appeal call on the Obama administration to recreate the giant planet-destroying spacecraft from George Lucas's 1977 film, citing a strengthened national defense and job creation as some of the benefits.

"By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority program and weapon system such as a Death Star," the petition reads, "the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense."

So far 17,139 have signed the online petition, hosted on the White House's "We The People" site, which allows anyone to flag an issue they think the government needs to address. If the petition gets 25,000 signatures by Dec. 14, it will be reviewed by White House staff.

But that doesn't mean Obama is going to weigh in. "Petition responses will come from a variety of Administration officials, including staff at the White House," according to the website. "From time to time President Obama may respond directly to petitions, but we expect most of responses to come from other Administration officials."

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...7#ixzz2EmRg69ZS

Edited by WoIverine

:clap: One of the BEST ideas yet.

I fixed your post for you. :tu:

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3

The best use of the petition system.

Man... these girls seem to keep messing up their posts.... I have to keep fixing them!

• Like 3

Man... these girls seem to keep messing up their posts.... I have to keep fixing them!

This petition makes the secession petitions seem within grasp of actually passing.

This petition makes the secession petitions seem within grasp of actually passing.

We could use the new Death Star on those that secede. Then, finally, more and more planets can fall under the ruthless domination of planet Earth!

I hearby name Jupiter and enemy planet!

Let me tell you two reasons why this is stupid:

1) Luke, a farm boy with little training, blew one up.

2) He did it again.

See, but now we know what weakness to cover up!

• Like 1

We could use the new Death Star on those that secede. Then, finally, more and more planets can fall under the ruthless domination of planet Earth!

'Close one....' -Pluto

• Like 1

No! Jupiter is peaceful! We have no weapons, you can't possibly...

Edited by Tiggs
  • Like 3

No! Jupiter is peaceful! We have no weapons, you can't possibly...

Would you prefer another target? A military target?

Then name the system!!

• Like 1

Would you prefer another target? A military target?

Then name the system!!

Pluto. They're on Pluto.

* Sighs *

• Like 3

Pluto. They're on Pluto.

* Sighs *

There. You see, Lord Saru? She can be reasonable.

Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready.

• Like 1

Pluto. They're on Pluto.

* Sighs *

Lies! We're nothing but a dwarf planet! What use would testing that weapon here be?!

Our only resource is discovering that we have more moons!

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

Best story I've heard in a while. :tu:

• Like 1

I support this. Nothing will strike fear into the aliens watching more than our own Death Star.

• Like 1

You are funny, LMAO!

Ok, I am female, it would be a cool idea, not logical, but cool.

• Like 1

Oh yea we need a death star, if another country starts something with us or don't see things our way all we have to do is zap them. If our citizens rebel then from miles above the earth we can pin point them and end the problem. A death star would be so nice.

Even the power of this death star still pales in comparison to the power of the democrats - erm death star - erm dark side :whistle:

I just realized, what use is a 'planet destroyer' when we only have one? This is like a guy who takes himself hostage.

If a man with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself is it considered a hostage situation?

• Like 1