Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare chickens are roosting

Merc14

There is a reason that Pelosi and Reid made sure that none of the "benefits" of Obamacare would take effect until after the 2012 election. The benefits are starting soon and the real benefits won't hit until 2014 but enjoy the prelims. BTW, This is nothing compared till 3 years from now and a decade from now we will make England look like the USA in 2010.

http://hotair.com/ar...-premium-by-63/

* snip *

Edited by Saru
Removed flame

They can fine me ans jail me. I will never go on obamacare . There will be so many lawsuits about this,it will make their heads spin .

There is a reason that Pelosi and Reid made sure that none of the "benefits" of Obamacare would take effect until after the 2012 election. The benefits are starting soon and the real benefits won't hit until 2014 but enjoy the prelims. BTW, This is nothing compared till 3 years from now and a decade from now we will make England look like the USA in 2010.

http://hotair.com/ar...-premium-by-63/

Not sure exactly what you mean here. A number of "benefits" have been in effect since 2010, most notably the Patient's Bill of Rights and the temporary Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plans to help the uninsurable get care.

It's true the big coverage expansions don't begin until 2014 and that's because getting ready for them takes time.

But the article you link to is about a very specific piece of the law, called the transitional reinsurance program. Its purpose is to ease the disruption that will happen in the individual insurance markets in 2014 when a number of new people will be streaming into it. But that reinsurance program only exists for three years (2014-16) and the law allocates it less and less money each year. So when they say that insurance plans will be kicking over $5.25 per member every month in fees to help support that program, that's true. But those plans will be kicking over less in 2015 and less still in 2016 and in 2017 those fees won't exist anymore.

I will never go on obamacare .

There's no such thing as "going on Obamacare." Obamacare isn't some new form of insurance, it's a regulatory structure (rules on insurance companies) and some financial aid for low-to-middle income people to help them afford private insurance.

Edited by Startraveler
  • Like 1

Here is what will end up really p***ing people off about the ACA. Once you're 26 and no longer eligible to be on your parents insurance, being a good citizen you will take $300.00 of your disposable income per month and buy a high deductible health insurance plan. Then you will break your leg and go to the hospital only to discover that your insurance doesn't kick in until you've paid $5,000.00. Of course you only have $1,500.00 in the bank so you will go on a payment plan of $200.00 for 25 months on top of the $300.00 monthly premium you're already paying.

Obama care does not equal health care and that's where alot of people are going to be in for a shock.

You voted for him, not me.

• Like 3

ObamaCare just requires you to "have" health insurance. How many self employed people are going to be forced to buy insurance, or pay a "fine". Anyone know what the fine will be?

ObamaCare just requires you to "have" health insurance. How many self employed people are going to be forced to buy insurance, or pay a "fine". Anyone know what the fine will be?

It is stepped by income and can be anywhere from $1000 to $600,000. In any case it will be higher than the premium of an insurance affordable by your income level.

• Like 1

Here is what will end up really p***ing people off about the ACA. Once you're 26 and no longer eligible to be on your parents insurance, being a good citizen you will take $300.00 of your disposable income per month and buy a high deductible health insurance plan. Then you will break your leg and go to the hospital only to discover that your insurance doesn't kick in until you've paid $5,000.00. Of course you only have $1,500.00 in the bank so you will go on a payment plan of $200.00 for 25 months on top of the $300.00 monthly premium you're already paying.

Obama care does not equal health care and that's where alot of people are going to be in for a shock.

You voted for him, not me.

As opposed to breaking the same leg, going to the emergency room, and having taxpayers pay for it?

I'm not following the logic here.

As opposed to breaking the same leg, going to the emergency room, and having taxpayers pay for it?

Oh I am: The tax payers money is THEIR money...not mine.

Edit: and then they complain about welfare!

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

What I'm refering to is that you are going to have a bunch of young people, inexperienced with the way things work, that are going to be mad that they pay $4,000.00 in premiums a year and then have to pay $5,000.00 more before thier benefits start to kick in. Not what Mark thought I was saying. Many stupid people think that we now have government healthcare.
  • Like 1

It is stepped by income and can be anywhere from $1000 to $600,000. In any case it will be higher than the premium of an insurance affordable by your income level.

The size of the penalty payment is capped at the national average premium for a bronze-level insurance plan (i.e. the cheapest tier of plans).

2559271716.013.png

They can fine me ans jail me. I will never go on obamacare . There will be so many lawsuits about this,it will make their heads spin .

I think you're right. When a few million people, some of them adamant and some of them oblivious get that fine it's going to be interesting.

Is that supposed to be 600? Or 60 or 6? That's insane.

The size of the penalty payment is capped at the national average premium for a bronze-level insurance plan (i.e. the cheapest tier of plans).

2559271716.013.png

Maybe you can help. Where's the rest of that graph for above 500k income?

so in actual fact, most of those whining about the penalty will at most be a few hundred bucks. Whereas they could spend that same money, get on an insurance plan that actually will help them.

you do need help. in reading a graph. A cap means that it's 4500 for incomes over 500k

The rest of the graph is a horizontal line at the cost of the national average price for a bronze plan. The penalty payment is never higher than the cost of buying an insurance plan, regardless of income.

The rest of the graph is a horizontal line at the cost of the national average price for a bronze plan. The penalty payment is never higher than the cost of buying an insurance plan, regardless of income.

Thanks. I had already figured it ou though. It was questionmarks statement that threw me off. It looked as though he was saying the fines could reach $600K.

Thanks. I had already figured it ou though. It was questionmarks statement that threw me off. It looked as though he was saying the fines could reach $600K.

I can't afford to pay a fine like that! No one can. What an outrageous amount!

I can't afford to pay a fine like that! No one can. What an outrageous amount!

...you don't have to pay that much.