Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Portland Mall Shooting

e u n O i a

These types of things are out of control! God. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about shootings!

>_______<

I am sick of hearing about them too. More saddened than anything, really. It's sad all around. I'm sad for the families of the lives lost, even the shooters family :(

Please just please trust your instincts - I been in 2 of these situations each time my instincts were on -I was not - Thankfully I lived to realize what that instinctive pull was ahead of time.......... That realization is real /// My first was in Hinsdale, Chicago - anyone from there --- Yea the Eagle store..

plus cameI had gotten out of my car slowly behind 4-6 20+s male adults and it flashed through my my mind as I walked in behind me, "They don't belong here now" I kept walking .... after my birdseed - God help me, I was sent to the store after birdseed for the parrot - when a girl 20 + came runinng toward me down the asyle ssaying somthing is

Wrong down there and they_ have guns" Big store and I will always be proud, I really thought she was just having a brain phart but I took her behind the perfume aisle... hiding ... and from there called police --- Hinsdaleare you listening .... HA ---- The patrolman in the dog car with the K9 got them.......LOL

When it flashes through your mind "They don't belong here - You get out !!!!"

I have had 2 other people retell me with just this kind of story - They don't You MOVE! Listen to your hear alwas=s!

• Like 1

I really don't understand the American mindset that more guns = safer community.

How many of these incidents have been avoided by other citizens carrying guns?? you never see headlines like "Massacre averted after Grandma Betty pulled her Desert Eagle"

Fair enough if you want own a gun but surely it is just common sense to have some rules and limitations of the types of guns available to the general public, why would anyone need high powered full/semi auto weapons outside of a gun club?

Don't get me wrong I like guns and shooting I just feel that having some form of gun control would go along way to reducing the number of incidents.

• Like 2

I really don't understand the American mindset that more guns = safer community.

How many of these incidents have been avoided by other citizens carrying guns?? you never see headlines like "Massacre averted after Grandma Betty pulled her Desert Eagle"

Fair enough if you want own a gun but surely it is just common sense to have some rules and limitations of the types of guns available to the general public, why would anyone need high powered full/semi auto weapons outside of a gun club?

Don't get me wrong I like guns and shooting I just feel that having some form of gun control would go along way to reducing the number of incidents.

There is no doubt gun control would curb some of these shootings , have a look at here is AUS for example , we had very lax gun laws back in the 80's but it took a lunatic in Tasmania for us to change our law .

Now days you dont hear of mass shooting here due to the fact that the law changed and getting hold of guns is VERY hard and getting a licence for an automatic weapon or a pistol is near impossible .

As much as I love my American brothers ....the ignorance is mind blowing , the solution is in your hands , you keep having mass shootings and what are you doing about it ?

Just incase anyone thinks i'm some sort of gun hating tree hugger ..... I own 2 guns :gun: that I take hunting ( foxes , rabbits , pigs etc )

I had to go through the correct procedure , apply for licence , police checks , apply for a gun permit , wait 3 months etc etc .

My 2c

TiP.

Edited by tipotep

Hope they can find at least some sense of motive, beyond pure insanity of course.

pure insanity

What other reason would someone have to kill a bunch of strangers out shopping for Christmas?

He scared the hell out of Santa, too!!

Jacob Roberts, who police said is responsible for a fatal shooting spree at an Oregon mall, may have been set off by a recent break-up with a girlfriend, according to one of his friends who said Roberts was generally considered a good-natured person.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/12/jacob-roberts-oregon-mall-shooting_n_2287745.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

and just when you think you know someone.... bang bang.

Obviously, the use of rapid fire weapons increases the number of injuries/deaths, but I don't know how an event such as this could possibly be for-seen or prevented.

I read that this type of homicide has a close relationship to suicide, and it does appear that in a lot of cases, the perpetrator doesn't come out of it alive, and one wouldn't think they would have expected to.

The theory is that once a perp has committed a heinous act, then it's easier to turn the weapon onto himself, or it's a situation of suicide "by proxy", such as police.

For those reasons, I'm surprised by it when these perps do come out of it alive, and although I think a lot can be learned when they do, I still don't know how it could be for-seen or prevented.

I am sick of hearing about them too. More saddened than anything, really. It's sad all around. I'm sad for the families of the lives lost, even the shooters family :(

At least I'm not the only one in this feeling.

At least I'm not the only one in this feeling.

I think you probably are the only one.

If the idiot with the gun used it on himself before he left home, a lot of people would have a better holiday season.